Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

History of Dragonspyre

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
Ok, I have been searching and searching for a guide on this, and can't find anything but useless information. I keep seeing people post that you have to go to Halina Warhawk in her tower and go down the stairs. I remember her instructions were to go 'down' the stairs behind her, but they don't go down, they go up.

At the top of the tower is General Greystone, but everything I have been reading makes it sound like he is in a different tower than Halina. I have already read the book at the top of the tower, but the quest is not updated.

Halina will not talk to me and does not have a question mark above her head to show the quest hasn't been completed. So what's up with this quest? How can I complete it if it won't update? It still says I need to read the book. People keep saying there are two books. Where is the second book located? This is not the Art of War quest, I already completed that one.

When I get to the top of the tower, there is another gate behind General Greystone, but that gate is locked and will not open. If that's where you are supposed to go down to get the other book, it's not happening, because I can't get past that gate. I have already taken General Greystone down twice, and the same thing both times.

Please fix this quest or instruct me on what I am supposed to do next, as I am at a loss. I don't mind having to try and figure some things out on my own, but this is beyond me and I really think a hint or clue should be given if there is something further that needs to be done. It shouldn't be so complicated that your players become frustrated because they can't figure it out. Thank you!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
fiziali wrote:
Ok, I have been searching and searching for a guide on this, and can't find anything but useless information. I keep seeing people post that you have to go to Halina Warhawk in her tower and go down the stairs. I remember her instructions were to go 'down' the stairs behind her, but they don't go down, they go up.

At the top of the tower is General Greystone, but everything I have been reading makes it sound like he is in a different tower than Halina. I have already read the book at the top of the tower, but the quest is not updated.

Halina will not talk to me and does not have a question mark above her head to show the quest hasn't been completed. So what's up with this quest? How can I complete it if it won't update? It still says I need to read the book. People keep saying there are two books. Where is the second book located? This is not the Art of War quest, I already completed that one.

When I get to the top of the tower, there is another gate behind General Greystone, but that gate is locked and will not open. If that's where you are supposed to go down to get the other book, it's not happening, because I can't get past that gate. I have already taken General Greystone down twice, and the same thing both times.

Please fix this quest or instruct me on what I am supposed to do next, as I am at a loss. I don't mind having to try and figure some things out on my own, but this is beyond me and I really think a hint or clue should be given if there is something further that needs to be done. It shouldn't be so complicated that your players become frustrated because they can't figure it out. Thank you!

Oh dear. You are so confused. I did just post a reply to your other question about this. I'll repost it here too:

You probably need one of the History Books in the Plaza of Conquests. There are two history books in this area. Open your Quest Log file and see what the name of your quest is, and what area of Dragonspyre it is in:

One History Book is for the "History of Dragonspyre" quest where you got one book from different bosses throughout Dragonspyre. This book in the Plaza of Conquests is in General Greystone's Tower. On the map in the Plaza of Conquests, General Greystone's Tower is located at the top of the map, near the Necropolis Doors.

The other History Book is for a quest called "The Art of War" to Read the History Book in Halina Warhawk's Tower. You find the book at the end of her Tower / dungeon. Look on your map. I think that Halina Warhawk is showing on the map.

(Remember: after you get the history book at the end of this tower, you must go back into the tower and talk to Halina Warhawk. Then she gives you a "Letter of Recommendation" to get you moving along.)

Does this help?

Defender
May 19, 2012
Honeybee313, thanks for the reply. I actually did go back into Halina's tower a third time and went to the top of the tower again and realized, I am the one who was wrong, as General Greystone is NOT in her tower. He is in a different tower than Halina, and I apologize. I found him finally, and I did finally complete the quest.

Just to help others to find the other tower, it is right behind Halina's tower, but you have to run all the way around to get to it. Her tower is the last tower on that side, and that's what threw me off.

The map makes it look like you have to get to General Greystone from the side where her tower is, and I wasn't paying too much attention to monster names as I fought them going up, until that third trip up. It probably would have helped if the ramps were going down instead of up, since she does say you have to go 'down' the stairs, to get to the book. I thought somehow I was missing the stairs going 'down' as all I could find were stairs going up.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
fiziali wrote:
Honeybee313, thanks for the reply. I actually did go back into Halina's tower a third time and went to the top of the tower again and realized, I am the one who was wrong, as General Greystone is NOT in her tower. He is in a different tower than Halina, and I apologize. I found him finally, and I did finally complete the quest.

Just to help others to find the other tower, it is right behind Halina's tower, but you have to run all the way around to get to it. Her tower is the last tower on that side, and that's what threw me off.

The map makes it look like you have to get to General Greystone from the side where her tower is, and I wasn't paying too much attention to monster names as I fought them going up, until that third trip up. It probably would have helped if the ramps were going down instead of up, since she does say you have to go 'down' the stairs, to get to the book. I thought somehow I was missing the stairs going 'down' as all I could find were stairs going up.

Oh what a relief. I'm so glad you finally figured it out. Thanks for letting me know. And have fun in The Spiral...