Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Finding the Grubb Not working

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
Ok so i went into sunken city to find the grubb. I had my friend with me to help me with the quest. So we defeated everyone and then we got to the grubb. We defeated him and it said to collect the proof. The arrow said to go 5 steps straight in the middle of the battle circle. I did not see anything at all. So i went to the spot and nothing happened!!!!!. I tried to exit and go in again, tried to go to a different realm. then soon enough I HAD to start all over again. Why did this happen. I dont get it at all :(

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
samarrocks wrote:
Ok so i went into sunken city to find the grubb. I had my friend with me to help me with the quest. So we defeated everyone and then we got to the grubb. We defeated him and it said to collect the proof. The arrow said to go 5 steps straight in the middle of the battle circle. I did not see anything at all. So i went to the spot and nothing happened!!!!!. I tried to exit and go in again, tried to go to a different realm. then soon enough I HAD to start all over again. Why did this happen. I dont get it at all :(

If I remember correctly, the medallion is in one of the side rooms off the main area where you defeated Grubb. The quest arrow is not always accurate.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Did you flee at all during the battle while your friend was still in battle?

This happened to me. I fled to use a potion then teleported back to my friend who was still in battle with Grubb. Ironically, I was the one that finished off Grubb, but he was able to get credit for finding the 'proof' and I didn't.

Also what was weird was I kept going back to that spot in sunken city for many hours afterwards--the dungeon never reset on me. I have to go back through the whole instance at some point in the future now. Probably just wait till I'm level 40ish and breeze through it.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
aleksandr2578 wrote:
Did you flee at all during the battle while your friend was still in battle?

This happened to me. I fled to use a potion then teleported back to my friend who was still in battle with Grubb. Ironically, I was the one that finished off Grubb, but he was able to get credit for finding the 'proof' and I didn't.

Also what was weird was I kept going back to that spot in sunken city for many hours afterwards--the dungeon never reset on me. I have to go back through the whole instance at some point in the future now. Probably just wait till I'm level 40ish and breeze through it.

Yeah, if you leave during the final battle or your friends run ahead and do it before you get there (had that happen, entered with a higher ranked wizard and they beat him before anyone else even got up to him) you don't get credit for finding grub and have to do the whole thing over.