Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Prism Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
I've noticed balance has never been awarded a prism spell. I understand that this is because there is no opposite to balance, and because balance has many other means by which to get around balance resists, such as spectral blast, hydra, and chimera.

However, I think an interesting prism spell would be one that converts balance attacks to fire ice OR storm magic and another that converts balance to life death OR myth magic. It would provide a sense of mystery, and also aid in battles against balance bosses and creatures.

I can't really see any problems with such a spell in pvp, though there may be some (other people should fill in such problems). Balance, after all, is only affected by tower shields and such, meaning converts would actually serve to weaken the spell by allowing it to be affected by other shields.

This spell would also make the balance spirit and elemental blades and traps more useful to balance students, as they could then be used on balance magic with the convert.

Comments? Problems? Let's hear them.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
This could work for balance in PvE, but there wouldnt be any complaints(I would hope) in PvP due to the fact that no type's gear other than balance takes a specefic role as a resistor to balance individually. Most people wouldn't use the balance prisms for elemental against balance bosses and creatures because only the spirit schools boost to balance monsters. All in all I think its a very good idea

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
Yes i was thinking that. Maybe a random school? Well i guess changing to myth death or life would be more helpful because balance bosses those three schools boost on them.Nice idea man(or woman).

Defender
Oct 24, 2010
I was also thinking about that, although the prism is random meaning it does a
random school, it is still useful on balance bosses for balance wizards

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
For a Balance prism, the only reasonable concept I can think of is one that converts Balance to Life, Myth, or Death. That way it compliments with our Spiritual Blade and Trap, and more importantly works as a trap should: to convert an attack into the power of its weakness' school. Another way that also made sense to me was convert Balance to Sun damage. I feel this works too since by precedent the Sun is inherently Balance and astral power has been included before in school spells. This, however, may not take advantage of Balance's weakness.

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
For a Balance prism, the only reasonable concept I can think of is one that converts Balance to Life, Myth, or Death. That way it compliments with our Spiritual Blade and Trap, and more importantly works as a trap should: to convert an attack into the power of its weakness' school. Another way that also made sense to me was convert Balance to Sun damage. I feel this works too since by precedent the Sun is inherently Balance and astral power has been included before in school spells. This, however, may not take advantage of Balance's weakness.

Id be all for this if balance was willing to give up its individuality, and have a balance shield created.