Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks vs Tower of the Helephant

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Which Tower do you think is hardest, and why? Waterworks or Tower of the Helephant?

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
well i have only done waterworks but have read about helephant tower and it seems harder.Tower of the Helephant has more bosses.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Not even really close. Tower of the helephant by a longstretch due to the first battle being so long and time consuming. When you get to the end, people start quitting because its to hard and long. Not to mention how they cheat.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Well it all depends on how they go - would have to say from word around Helephant tower is worse. Waterworks is more frustration because you maybe in there for gear you may or may not get.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Waterworks is easier and better for gear.

I did both dungeons, and Helephant is hardest. There's so many levels, the first battle takes FOREVER, the last battle is a huge pain because he calls minions who can rebirth, lord, etc.

In the first battle, the partner to the boss will Levy during a period of time, and he does this a lot.

All bosses cheat.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hiya :D

Tower of the Helephant is by far more challenging than Waterworks, imho. Both dungeons share similar challenges in terms of boss rules/cheats, requirements of patience and endurance, and innovative strategies, and both demand exceptional teamwork. I thoroughly enjoy both dungeons for challenge and loot.

However, ToH requires teamwork and serious skills at the very outset; there's no time to get to know the members of a team beforehand. By the time a team gets to Luska in WW, they have spent several battles in getting to know who does what best. There's no margin for error in communication, knowledge of the rules, or deck set up in ToH. Ervin and his pals are an immediate test of preparedness. I absolutely love it!

There's nothing quite like hitting that first boss fight with a group of good friends who are deeply familiar with one another's strengths, strategies, and weaknesses. For example: My sister, Destiny Spiritgiver, specialized in rules/cheats; she runs the show. I specialize in accuracy, power hits, shields, and dispels; I usually sit in Sun spot. Allison Winterblossom tanks, shields, and hits with a devastating Blizzard. David Anvilforge shares lost of blades and shields, and incinerates the enemy; we usually race for Sun spot :) We all wear the life mastery amulet and we all heal. We rarely take new acquaintances in ToH with us, btw. They almost always freak out at the last boss. Hehe...

Anyway, yeah, ToH is the crowning jewel in this wizard's collection. "Liberator of the Helephant" is a mouthful, a well earned one. Oh, and the drops are sweet. I wear the Aureate Band and Lexicon Blade with pride.

Woot woot!

Qbb/Iridian/Scarlet/Moira/Rowan, Liberators of the Helephant

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Tower of the Helephant is far worse than Waterworks. Once I do my duty to get the quest done for Tower of Helephant, I'm done with it. I will do Waterworks many many times. Not just for the clothing, but for the practice & experience, plus I like helping others out to get their stuff.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Randomperson16 wrote:
Which Tower do you think is hardest, and why? Waterworks or Tower of the Helephant?

Everyone knows the tower of the helephant is a pain!