Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is a family team play based game .

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I have seen alot of complaints about people jumping in to battles unwanted and my comment has to be that this game was made to be child and family friendly. Have you ever concidered that the person jumping in may be an 8 year old child? Maybe we as teens and "mature" adults may try to concider this before we start ranting and making this person feel weak and useless? I for one have been amazed at the treatment some people give to these kids and yes you know who you are. This is a family group based game meant to be fun for all if you prefer to be anti social may i sugest you go to a more hostile game that suits your nature. I for one help where I can and value any help I may get yes it may be irritating when they flee but then again they are just kids lets try to remember this.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
alex132444 wrote:
I have seen alot of complaints about people jumping in to battles unwanted and my comment has to be that this game was made to be child and family friendly. Have you ever concidered that the person jumping in may be an 8 year old child?

So, you're saying that we should tolerate rudeness, just because they /might/ be children? If you are old enough to play this game, you are old enough to know proper manners~ if my toddler nephew can say please and thank-you, so can you.

My problem is not with people joining my battles uninvited. It's with people who join my battles uninvited and try to take control of the fight by demanding that I buff or heal them. It's unfair to assume that all I do is load up on buffs, and even more unfair to demand that I just hand them over. When I'm in the first spot, being attacked by 3 rank 12 monsters, it's all I can do to help myself.

(Unless we are in a dungeon, and have decided beforehand that my only purpose in there is to buff you, you have no right to order me around or demand anything from me)

alex132444 wrote:
Maybe we as teens and "mature" adults may try to concider this before we start ranting and making this person feel weak and useless? I for one have been amazed at the treatment some people give to these kids and yes you know who you are.

The only time I've ever gotten mad at someone during a fight was when I went to blade myself and he said, "give it to me". No please, or anything~ just "give it to me".

(My response? I simply replied with, "no", and bladed myself anyway.)

There is a HUGE difference between making someone feel weak and useless, and being irritated/appalled by someone's rude behaviour.

alex132444 wrote:
This is a family group based game meant to be fun for all if you prefer to be anti social may i sugest you go to a more hostile game that suits your nature. I for one help where I can and value any help I may get.

Your assumption that all solo players are "antisocial" is quite offensive in itself. I offer help wherever I can, but have no problem refusing someone who is rude.

alex132444 wrote:
yes it may be irritating when they flee but then again they are just kids lets try to remember this.

I don't care whether you are 8 or 80~ I don't waste my pips, or my time, on people who are disrespectful.

El Veeb

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Alex, I have less of a problem with the children doing this. It becomes a problem when they jump in and then leave that bothers me. By the time even children have gotten to the upper level worlds, they should know how difficult many of these battles can be.
Its the folks with open chat who jump into my battles in the higher worlds and start chatting between themselves. They will heal one another and ignore my wizard (who is in the first spot receiving the brunt of attacks) . Those are the ones I have a problem with.
I am seeing more wizards waiting and asking if they can join in a battle. I am seeing many more apologize for getting into battles and staying in the battle to contribute to it. I really, really appreciate that. Because that's what I would do also.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
"I have seen alot of complaints about people jumping in to battles unwanted and my comment has to be that this game was made to be child and family friendly."

Most people don't have a problem with people jumping in uninvited. It's the rudeness from the ones that jumped in that is the problem. Demanding that I provide for them. Nasty and condescending chat during the fight.

"Have you ever concidered that the person jumping in may be an 8 year old child? Maybe we as teens and "mature" adults may try to concider this before we start ranting and making this person feel weak and useless? I for one have been amazed at the treatment some people give to these kids and yes you know who you are. "

'Please', 'Thank you', and other politeness and respectfulness, is the responsibility of EVERY player, whether you're a child or an adult. The ranting you're talking about ..... does it pertain to what we write in the forum, or does it pertain to in-game play? How are we making them feel week and useless?

"This is a family group based game meant to be fun for all if you prefer to be anti social may i sugest you go to a more hostile game that suits your nature. I for one help where I can and value any help I may get yes it may be irritating when they flee but then again they are just kids lets try to remember this."

I believe (most) of the adults are more respectful than a majority of the kids that play. I play solo on all my wizards. I do welcome any help I can get for mobs & bosses, and I've certainly provided help for many on my friends list. I don't consider myself "anti-social". It's just that I don't have friends who are doing the same quests at the same time as myself. To call someone "anti-social" is just plain rude.

An example would be two kids who happened to be doing the same quest as I was. We did several mobs together and fought in two boss dungeons. Not only was I always on the first circle, but I healed, shielded, and fought as though I was alone. That's because these kids did nothing except chit-chat between themselves. Not once did they heal themselves, or shield themselves, or used a spell to attack. I did all the work. So .... who was being rude? Me? No. The kids? Yes.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I think a lot of players are forgetting that this game was originally designed and rated as E10+. In case some of you have not noticed, the young players entering into CL has seen a slight reduction. Now, look at ZF, there are even fewer and fewer young wizards there. Avalon? IS NOT FOR KIDS. What happened to the E10+.

Did it ever occur to anyone that the rudeness and frustration that we are seeing in the game could be due to the fact that the game has left them behind? Some adults have more or less taken over wanting harder and harder bosses, dungeons, even crafting has gotten to a point that the effort needed is not worth it. It is no longer fun. There is no magic left.

I have seen it posted in other threads that the game is becoming more like WoW. I started playing this game because of the appeal of magic, fun, and excitement of getting to the next level, or that next spell and then the next world. As a grandmother and great aunt to a couple of young players, I have seen them become very discouraged with the game. They no longer care to venture into the worlds of the Spiral. They both started CL and decided it was not worth the effort because they were not able to complete the quests and defeat the bosses. Yes, I ran with them when they were on, but they also knew that I could not be there all the time and still can't. And frankly, I don't want to see either of these running with some of their so called friends IRL and getting into trouble. This game was a place for them to have some fun and their parents knew where they were. They also knew I would keep tabs on them when I was with them in the game. They would call and ask me when I would be able to play. They don't do that anymore.

If you will look around at some other posts, you will find parents and grandparents saying much the same thing. For grandparents that live long distances, this game was a way to stay in touch with grand children on a daily basis. Now, the grandparents are still here, or some of them are, (I lost some of them as friends shortly after CL went live) but don't have the want to continue and have lost that daily contact with grand children. There are parents that have been playing with their kids, but are also seeing the disappointment in their faces too. There are some kids that have disabilities that have been playing (and yes, I do know of some). What about them? Why does a game that has been so appealing and addicting to many players of all ages, (kids at heart) become more and more adult oriented over the last 3 worlds?

The Magic is gone. The fun is gone.