Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strangest/Creepiest glitch ever D:

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Ok I am scared right now. Alright first day uh I think I was strolling in the commons sitting or standing or seeing hydra mounts lalala when I saw the report screen come up and I felt like "HEY HEY HEY WHO REPORTED ME?!?!? "
So next day strolling in the commons AGAIN, then it happened again "Holy wizards is this a glitch?" I said to my self. Then the 3rd day which it happened today, I was hanging with my friend in the Arena talking randomly and then it came up again! So I am really scared right now and I did not do anything. Greyrose or any other mod/admin, please please please please please please please please please please HELP! I would be grateful!

Administrator
codastar you've been around long enough to know that when you report someone, or you are reported, a message is sent directly to Mr Lincoln that includes the chat logs of everything that was said before and after that report.

Mr Lincoln then reads the log and assesses the situation. He determines how bad the offense was, looks up prior offenses for the reported individual, and based on that assessment he issues sanctions (such as muting or banning) and sends an email to the offending account explaining the violation and the sanctions.

If the report was falsely made, that is determined as well, and the player who made the false report is investigated as to whether or not they have made previous false reports. False reports are just as egregious as valid ones, and similar sanctions can be levied against repeat offenders of false reporting.

Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. These larger chat logs are also routinely checked for those infractions that are not reported.

In short, if you did nothing to incur the report, you have nothing to worry about.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
I have been reported too for nothing. I had just finished a PVP battle (my first win) and i had not said anything and was reported. Also is asking for account information reportable because someone asked me for mine.

Hero
May 02, 2009
dude101271 wrote:
I have been reported too for nothing. I had just finished a PVP battle (my first win) and i had not said anything and was reported. Also is asking for account information reportable because someone asked me for mine.

Yes, if someone asks you for your account info, then you have the right to report them. Below is what prospector zeke says is reportable for future reference.

Prospector Zeke wrote:
What is Considered a Reportable Offense?
We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

Defender
May 15, 2010
Sometimes I like to go to the commons and shout various foods over and over. Once I got reported.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
ah the joys of being reported i got reported awhile ago because of a pvp match me and my team got to go first and ended up owning them and they freaked out called us cheaters and we explained the fairness and how we didnt cheat but they eventually broke us and a few harsh words were exchanged and the funny thing was i was the only onw who got reported and muted i cant remember for how long i think a day but it is sad when u get reported for almost nothing and get muted not saying i hate the system but i do not like and this has happened to a few of my friends as well

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Yes, that is creepy and mean when someone is reporting falsely, but like the teacher said, there is a record of who did the bad thing and they can tell if it's false. I've had it happen once too, when I did no offence.

I have another creepy glitch for you. It was a minor graphic glitch that fixed itself after the fight. My friend's hat and hair disappeared leaving his face looking like a mask in front of empty space. It sure gave me the creeps.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
I got reported once it wasn't too long ago when I was in the hatchery looking for someone to hatch with. Then this random guy came up and asked, "do you want crowns?" I said yes then he asked me for my username and password then I reported him and he said "so?" then he reported me and I didn't do anything.