Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Concern about CPU characters.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
I am a storm wizard, and I have life as a second school. Now I know for a fact that if I want a Life Shield, I have to learn a third school just to learn a spell to give me a life shield. I can see no problem with that, however my problem comes with the CPU in battle.

I often see a life CPU casting a death shield, a storm CPU casting a Life Shield, and a Storm CPU using a myth shield, just to name a few. How is it that they can learn a single shield spell to use in battle, when it is not their own school type?

Please enlighten me as to why I am having to stop using my Storm Prism, just because my Storm spells do more damage than a prism'ed Storm spell?

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Sublyndis wrote:
I am a storm wizard, and I have life as a second school. Now I know for a fact that if I want a Life Shield, I have to learn a third school just to learn a spell to give me a life shield. I can see no problem with that, however my problem comes with the CPU in battle.

I often see a life CPU casting a death shield, a storm CPU casting a Life Shield, and a Storm CPU using a myth shield, just to name a few. How is it that they can learn a single shield spell to use in battle, when it is not their own school type?

Please enlighten me as to why I am having to stop using my Storm Prism, just because my Storm spells do more damage than a prism'ed Storm spell?
Ok. Wasn't sure if you meant Central Proccessing Unit or Computer-Played Unit for a minute.. The latter is formally called NPC or Hostile NPC (to avoid confusion with Quest-giving or Friendly NPCs). Now, to set the record straight:

NPCs are designed to pose a challenge to the player to give them a better strategic experience. This is the reason why they know various Shields. But you, too, can take up this strategy without spending more then a single Training Point. How?

The Fairegrounds in the Commons houses a Spell-Trainer NPC. She is located upon a large wooden platform. She sells -80% Shields for each school. The one for your own school is free. Additionally, a Prismed Spell will do just as much damage as a non-Prismed one, but the Damage type will change. This happens after buffs and such are activated by the Card, thus letting your Damage Boost, Blades, Bubbles, Traps, etc still initiate the devastating attack boosts. There are more ways to utilize the miraculous Prism, but that's a whole other Thread. At any rate, hope this helps!