Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The option of saying NO

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I think that we should be able to ignore people without removing them that would be nice. I am not always in the mood. Sometimes i wish there where a simple button to say ignore everyone but those i have added to my best friends list.

Also to have some new friend pop in on me without notice while i am in a fight is tiring. Maybe the game should give us the option of "annoucing them." recently you tell us where they are and that is cool. but something to say that they are coming so we can say "no not now." THAT would be even better!

Think about it, that would be cool. Often i help someone and add them and then i have to remove them because they jump me in a fight causing me to get killed because NOW i have another person to fight. This really happens when they KNOW you are in a world they have no access to. If you die you have to start the quest again and they go shoping or play in the area its rude but i hear people complaining about it all the time. This is the main reason why people don't like to help new wizards. No one wants to feel used.

If the game forced them to ask, we could click yes or no before they jumped in and if they texted us we could explain. That is just a simple common courtesy too often overlooked. I would like to help people but i am afraid to be constantly jumped or someone asking me to help them at every turn.

I know the game wants to encourage teams but the higher you go the less likely are you to want to help anyone because once you add them you have no control of how they treat your friendship. Forcing them to ask gives us the power to say no and the option to say yes.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Pretty much a subject of much debate. A lot of lower level players seem to love jumping ahead to friends that are in worlds they couldn't handle alone. All in all, it would be easier to enforce restrictions on access to the worlds, as some people are comfortable enough to get through a fight with a lower level person there. I had to once, not by choice really. The kid was ALREADY in Dragonspyre and I don't recall him using a 3 pip spell the whole fight. Not to mention he had a friend pop in and leave. I pretty much got to take out 4 draconians on my own. Now, someone else had him come to the world and it wasn't me. People think that being able to say "no" to someone porting in would fix the problem, but what if someone else didn't mind and said "yes" and then the person runs off into another fight with someone else?

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
I agree 100%. I also like someone else's suggestion of having the option to disable the "add friend" option. That way, when someone requests to be your friend, they will get a message that states something like "this person is not accepting friends at this time". Having this would also keep me from having to stop every few minutes to click "no" when someone asks to be my friend.

When I first started playing, I accepted everyone that asked. Now, I usually say no, and although I feel bad about it, it has become necessary.

Like mentioned above, people would teleport to me while I was in a fight, without even asking if it was ok to do so. This occassionally would cause me to die because of the extra enemy that was added. But the worst part is how rude some of these people are. I can't tell you how many times I would get a message that simply said "port now". Not "hello", not "are you busy?", not "could you please help me?" - just "port now". And it's not that I mind helping people either, but these people don't really want "help", they want ME to do the work for them so their quests don't take them as long. What about MY quests? I am always working on something, and while I don't mind helping out in a boss fight or something similarly difficult, I DO mind someone wanting me to leave what I was doing so I can follow them around and make their quests easier.

I also wanted to ask about something. I have recently been removing names from my friend's list to try to cut down on the number of interruptions and requests, but I am finding that the people I have removed can still text me, and can still teleport to me. One person spent a good 10 minutes or so texting me over and over, asking "did you remove me?", "why did you remove me?", "if you are there, please answer". I had the entire left hand side of my screen filled with text boxes the whole time. I could not respond back to him, because I had removed him from my list, so there was nothing I could do to stop it. I logged completely out of the game twice, and switched realms to see if that would help, but he just kept on doing it.

It would be nice that if you remove someone, you simply don't appear on their list anymore. That way they can't keep harassing you.

Hopefully some sort of feature will be added to give players a bit of extra control over their own game. I know you can say "no", but you still have to stop to respond, which can be a pain when you get as many requests as I seem to.

Thanks,
Cat

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
As for the texts, you CAN reply to them. I wish I would have known that when I accidentally removed a friend I liked. If you press "R" BEFORE hitting enter, it will open the open chat with "Reply to (Name of wizard who last messaged you):"

Kyle HawkCloud, if you are out there, Morgrim DeathShade is sorry, it was an accident and I wish I could find you to re-add you.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Cat

I have the exact same problems from the eager to add friends in the beginning to the can't walk or run without getting an add requests. i few times while i am trying to avoid being caught.

As far as the left over, all someone has to do is hit the r key if you were the last person they texted and they can text you and other times you can remove them but they still have you on their list for awhile. that at least is temporary.

I just think they if you add someone the game should allow you to one be able to ignore text if you wait and say no to someone porting to you.

I have had people port to me SEE that i am in a world they want to explore than ask there friends to join them soon i have a whole gang of friends and more enemies to fight than i have spells. they almost NEVER can help. because they are too low in level. Others have ported to me gave me MORE enemies that fleed leaving me to fight another just as i was about to win i lose and have to do it agian for it to count.

I get these are kids and kids are not always thinking about anything but the fight and fun and their needs. Not yours. They don't care about YOUR game you are just apart of the game a convience for them if you let them.

But a simple additional quesiton would stop that. If the gave us permission to say yes or no then I could say no. If i am in a fight with someone that lets anyone jump in then I go solo or find another friend. I could aske them not to do that in the future. But if niether or us has the option niether of can control who jumps to us and when or where.

That's my point.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Yes, I give that the teleport regulation would improve things, but here's where it comes short.

Person A and Person B are similar level and different schools, but aren't friends, though they are in the same area. Let's say that Person A is a few levels higher than Person B and has a friend that's pretty low compared to either Person A or B that he allows to help with a boss fight, easy to handle situation. Afterward, Person A's friend takes out and accidentally gets drawn into a battle with Person B. Person A's friend panics and flees and Person B is left with 3 opponents and ends up losing. The low level wasn't his friend, was approved to the area, but still caused problems.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2009
I had this very same issue today honestly where someone jumped to me in the middle of a quest. I honestly would like maybe a pop-up of some sort when someone tries to jump to you saying something along the lines of "So and So is trying to teleport to you. Would you like to allow this?" "Yes" "No"

I prefer often doing Instantiated Levels alone, so... it gets quite bothersome when someone randomly appears there.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
ShadowTwisted wrote:
Pretty much a subject of much debate. A lot of lower level players seem to love jumping ahead to friends that are in worlds they couldn't handle alone. All in all, it would be easier to enforce restrictions on access to the worlds, as some people are comfortable enough to get through a fight with a lower level person there. I had to once, not by choice really. The kid was ALREADY in Dragonspyre and I don't recall him using a 3 pip spell the whole fight. Not to mention he had a friend pop in and leave. I pretty much got to take out 4 draconians on my own. Now, someone else had him come to the world and it wasn't me. People think that being able to say "no" to someone porting in would fix the problem, but what if someone else didn't mind and said "yes" and then the person runs off into another fight with someone else?

haha good idea
this leads me to my story: i was fighting in marleybone just starting there (this was a while ago) and i get into a battle. im doin good but then this NOVICE who is ALREADY there comes in. she passes all times but two and brining in a new enemy. she casted fire cat and thunder snake then fled leaving me with three guys OF MY TYPE GRRRRRR

so i think that you should be able to stop people for porting to you AND stop them from entering battle with you. just a suggesstion.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
so i think that you should be able to stop people for porting to you AND stop them from entering battle with you. just a suggesstion.

Here's the deal with that entering the fight part. All of us have jumped into a fight with others no just to help them but because it is obviouis they are doing the same quest as you as and you can use the help.

I hate it too when someone jumps in then flees. If you jump in then at least HELP kill the extra you brought in. But that is a matter of courtesy that a lot of people don't have. But it isn't a level thing, that person could just as easily jumped in your fight passed and waited for you to kill them all collected the experience points and drops and left you out in the cold. It happens and there is little the game can do.

On the other hand i have met friends helping people fight and vice verse it is one of those things you have to be prepared for. That is one of the challenges of the game. Hey there are even people who jump and flee as a game it has happened to me.

One guy jumped into a fight just before i killed the last guy and add anther one i couldn't kill and he wouldn't. i watched thinking he was frozen until he healed himself and waited for me to kill the guy. I didn't want to flee and asked him to do his best to kill it but he wouldn't. This was a game to him. I was angry because i was killed and lost all that worked for but i fleed and added a just in case spell.

There are even the people that ask you to help them but let you do all the work. One guy even asked me to log in as him to advance him. Yes there are plenty of wizards at all levels that can not fight. You learn and avoid them.

I don't even mind when my friends want to port to me in a world they have not reached yet. Often they want to shop for a better deck that they use or equiptment they can wear to help them reach the next level. We all are guilty of that.

But porting to me without asking first is a sure way of my removing you from my list. I want to help you but even if you can fight or WILL fight when you get there, if you am helping you the likihood is that you can't fight as well as me and i don't NEED your help and if i did i would ask for it.

Also, if i just met you and you jump me in a fight then call your friends i have unleased a group of people into a world they are not ready for and if they can't fight with me they will just jump the next person. And yea maybe others might let them but from what i am reading Maybe their are a lot of people who would say no.

We should have that option.

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
Well, the idea behind stopping the people that got to a world through someone else is a level restriction on worlds. This way you don't have to worry about low levels porting in on you AND you don't have them running the streets.

Now, I understand the original point is to have a permission window open when someone tries to teleport to your location. It's a pretty good idea, but it might have some of the same drawbacks as friends requests where sometimes, you can accidentally end up accepting them when you don't want to.

The other thing that I wouldn't mind seeing is the sort of privacy setting previously mentioned. I have periods where I just want to play on my own and find I get angry at any friend that comes to join me. Not that I don't like them or that they aren't capable, but sometimes I just like to go solo.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
I am curious how would i accidently accept them?

Unless you mean if it pops up while i mean to click on something and click on it instead. if they place it in a corner like where the friends list it that would prevent that and make it mouse only so that you can't hit enter and set it off. but all it need say is "so so wants to port to you yes or no"

i like the privacy button too for playing solo. I like both ideas i think i mentioned that in my first post.

I am not against creating level limits either. I just know that it may not happen and i am not really that excited about it. As i like to play ahead too sometimes but never jump anyone to do it nor do i use others to fight for me.

And in some cases i like to shop ahead of my level. Hey I like to shop wish there were more things to shop for and more outfits and looks.

I may decide to join a more laid back game where talking and things are the thing but they tend to be too risky for my senses. I like this game before even you can't say something like "bean and rice for dinner" it makes avoiding the nuts easier. lol

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I have to reluctantly agree with the other commentators here. Nothing in this game is maddening, except the popins that pull another beastie into a circle, then pop back out. Having a "hold" button would be a real big help.

I usually do not accept anyone in friends until I have a battle or two with them, just to discover if they're flighty, or will solidly support you and the group.

Also, I frequently de-equip robes, hats, wands, boots and such before landing back in Wizard City or Krokotopia to avoid the friend requests. If you look like the rest of the gang asking, you don't get mobbed by requests.

Thanks