Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stuck, stuck... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
I'm stuck on this quest called "In the map room". Where is the world is that staff. Give me direct orders, all I'm doing is standing on the platform. Help!

Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
As I remember it, you need to defeat Prince something-or-other, then defeat Krokhutamen (?). I don't remember it so clearly, so you should check the Wizard101 wiki and search "krokotopia quest in the map room"

Good luck!

Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
burger100 wrote:
As I remember it, you need to defeat Prince something-or-other, then defeat Krokhutamen (?). I don't remember it so clearly, so you should check the Wizard101 wiki and search "krokotopia quest in the map room"

Good luck!

ah- a- hem. I asked for specific orders. You used the words something. And someone, call Greyrose!

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
You have many duels before you get to the "staff" you have to first get into the room they are in by following puzzle instructions than you have to beat at least 3 or 4 family member bosses and then finish off with the big Boss Krokenkamen (can't really remember his name) It really takes two wizards to get through although I am sure some folks have made it through alone.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
lovemelanie8216 wrote:
ah- a- hem. I asked for specific orders. You used the words something. And someone, call Greyrose!

Melanie, you have to follow the quest directions in your questbook. There are specific orders for what to do, in the proper sequence, before you will gain the staff. Since you can't get it, you have not completed the quest, plain and simple.

You really need to pay attention to the story, what the NPCs say to you, and use the tools that are available to you to find the item after you work through the story. It's doable; my smallest son was able to complete most of Krokotopia on his own. If he can do it, the average aged kid player can, too :)

If you still need direction, visit the W101Central site for a Krokotopia guide.

Qbb

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
Keep in mind this isn't a just a quest but a dungeon with many twists and turns before you get to the final piece,which is the staff. You can definitely finish is alone (be prepared to return quickly if tossed out ) but is easiest with friends. Just like the wizard before me stated, you need to follow the story/quest line here just like anywhere else in the Spiral. Have patience and remember with each completed win you get more loot!

May Your Magic Take You Far,

Sarai Thundergrove. fire wizard

Defender
May 24, 2012
At this point in the game you may also want to have two extra bottles of Mana with you. Once you get to the Tomb of Storms you end up fighting 3 different people back to back to back with no time in the hall to catch red or blue sparkles. And it's a dungeon. You can't come out and play games to refill.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Why don't you go to www.wizard101central.com/wiki, go to quests, Krokotopia,then check your quest? I remember that youo have to do a bunch of battles, I just don't remember their names. Go to what ever and you can check the prequests and what it leads to. I find this very useful.

Hope I helped.............

Caitlin StrongTalon, lvl 26 theugist
Krok Thrasher
Order of the Fang
and nearly a hero of Krokotopia!!
8)

Survivor
May 13, 2011
did you notice that when you entered the throne room of fime, you got a new quest, in order to complete the quest "into the map room" you need to complete the quest you get when you enter the room, and the quests it leads to. see http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Into_the_Map_Room, http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Serpent_Staff, http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Eye_of_Krok, and http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Use_the_Map_Room

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
I can help you i am a lvl 68 sorcerer balance wizard realm unicorn time idk because i live in australia sydney griffith

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
One other thing that hasn't been mentioned here. I'm going to assume you have done the battles since you mentioned standing on the platform. Make sure you walk all the way to the end of the platform. The staff will appear and you get a scene similar to Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark. Took me forever to figure that out the first time.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
aditha12 wrote:
I can help you i am a lvl 68 sorcerer balance wizard realm unicorn time idk because i live in australia sydney griffith
your time when comparing Australia to the Usa... Australia is 16 hours ahead of Usa. I know cause my family members live in both Australia and USA.

Caitlin StrongTalon, lvl 28 theugist
Hero of Krokotopia
Dispiser of Crafting
Neothayane Gardener Sorry for the spelling mistake
And stuck in Marleybone!
And going to be a Dispiser of Mooshu

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
what i remember doing is going to defeat a rank 3 boss and a rank 2 elite and you had to duel so you can get the staff and place it on the platform