Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buy back training points.....

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I thought I might want to try that and maybe just stay with one school, instead of the many different spell I pick up from all the school. I was very surpise to see that you have to buy back your training point with crown instead of the earn coins. I feel that not fair for we earn the traing point so if we would like to trade them back in it should be buy the gold we earn not having to asked our parents to cough up more money. Thoese training points are our and I don't think it right that your asking us to buy back our traing point when in the first place we earn them and didn't buy them. So why should we buy them now? Why did you not set it up to where we have to earn the right to exchange them from our gold that we earn from the quest, that will have been the fair thing to do.

I like to hear what other Wizard have to said or feel about this.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
I know, it would be much better for us to spend gold and not crowns because we earned them and not payed to get them. I want to buy back my training points because I spent them on all different schools so I have a bunch of lv.1 spells of all schools that dont help much in higher lv. worlds. My mom won't let me buy back training points because she says "It's just a game. Don,t waste your money. Put it in savings for when you get older."

Aaron DeathStalker Lv.22 Pyromancer Life:1263 Mana:229

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Tikirace1 wrote:
I know, it would be much better for us to spend gold and not crowns because we earned them and not payed to get them. I want to buy back my training points because I spent them on all different schools so I have a bunch of lv.1 spells of all schools that dont help much in higher lv. worlds. My mom won't let me buy back training points because she says "It's just a game. Don,t waste your money. Put it in savings for when you get older."

Aaron DeathStalker Lv.22 Pyromancer Life:1263 Mana:229

See this is a good point, the head master have to relaize that parents are not going to kept puting money out on games, this is why I think this is why you should re-think on how you dothe buy back on training points. I for one don't understand why you will not let us Wizard earn our gold and lets us use to toward the buy back. I like to see a poll setup to where the Wizard can vote on what they fair is the best way to buy back our training points and this will also allow us to voice to the head master.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
there are other alternatives then it having to be money (of any sort).

You had to earn that training point to begin with, instead of throwing money at someone and then you miraculously unlearn that portion of your life, you should have to re-earn that point by questing for it.

length/difficulty of the quest would be dictated by the level of spell trying to be unlearned (lvl5 spell should be about half to 1/3rd the difficulty/length of a lvl10)

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
Dreaknecron I like this idea you have. Lets hear from other Wizard members about what they think.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
How do you buy back training points? :? While reading these comments, I aggree. You should either buy them back with coins(the game money) or buy deleting. I heard from one of my friends that you can contact the headmaster some how, but I don't know how.

hogan227 8)

Talon Ironwalker, level 27 adept pyromancer, Savior of Wizard City

Administrator
When young Wizards first start out at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they are often excited by the many different spells to spend Training Points on, such as shields and magical spells outside their school of focus. We understand that as Wizards progress, they sometimes wish they could return those spells in exchange for their Training Points back. Well now you can!

Mr Lincoln in Golem Court will allow you Spend Crowns to buy back all your Training Points and return all of the spells obtained with those Training Points. You can respend your new Training Points as desired.

The price in Crowns is dependent on how many training points you have spent.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
I think that the questing idea was pretty great. It irked me right away when I found out that it would cost me crowns. It would be kind of cool if paying players got a (small) allowance of crowns every so often. Maybe there could be a feature allowing us to buy new 'mark location' buttons with crowns. I love that button so much!

The training points are really bugging me. I'm thinking about just scrapping my Wizard and starting another because I don't like the way I spent my points and I can't convince my parents to put any more money into the computer for me this month. Heh, I just got a subscription to Toontown on top of Wizard101...

Survivor
May 16, 2009
i can't talk to that guy...how do i talk to him?? is there a lvl requirement??

Administrator
Yes you must be a level 12 or higher Wizard to sell back your training points.

You will receive one training point every 4 levels till 20. After level 20, you will receive one training point every 5 levels. You can also receive training points through certain quests.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
Everyone has to remember this game is a business and their first priority is making money. But I agree with everyone that you should be able to spend coins earned in game, i feel like KI is almost excessively pushing how far they can accumulate wealth. Love the game anyways and thanks KI for the family oriented game there is too much horrible content in games these days and there is nothing wrong with capitalism. :)