Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If your Quest Arrow is Stuck - Read This

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
My arrow got stuck in a few places especially in Krokotopia at the pyramid of the sun but thanks to your advice logging off and on again worked. Thanks Lydia!

Level 38 Magus Theurgist Gabriel Ashleaf

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
please help my arrow is stuck on every single quest what is going on with it.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
spectraldragon on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
please help my arrow is stuck on every single quest what is going on with it.
well one time my arrow was stuck and i just quit playing for a while and when i came back on it worked

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Professor Greyrose on Jun 11, 2012 wrote:
Quest Helper Arrow Stuck in one Position?

Here's what you need to do to help us fix this for all our young Wizards.

Please note: this is only for the arrow being completely stuck and not moving, not for 'misdirection' of the arrow.

Could you please tell us what quest you're currently on that the arrow is stuck on? Also, if you select another quest to track and then back to the current one, does it resolve itself? Does it resolve itself if you log off the game and back on or if you turn off quest helper & back on?

The more you help us, the faster we can help you! Reply here to tell us through email to support@wizard101.com and subject - "stuck quest arrow"
Hello Lydia :) My helper was stuck on the crimson fields quest :)

~Madeline Summer, Master Necromancer

Survivor
May 21, 2011
My quest arrow is stuck in the last few quests of krokotopia.

Explorer
Nov 04, 2012
cdmichlin on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
my questarrow is stuck then i change partts of that world and then it's fixed

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
Well I do have this problem... from time to time. It's random quest or so I think. But i JUst log off and back on and that make it work again.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2012
i was doing marleybone in the big ben clocktower to fight mewoarity and i went inside with some friends and to my surprise it pointed the opposite direction in the tower like it wanted us to go out I:
i really got frustrated at this cuz it confused me plz do something about it!

from,
Cori Firefountain lvl 36

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
Only time the arrow sticks with me is in krokatopia, rayal hall.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
This happens to me sometimes and logging out or switching back and forth between quests does no resolve the issue.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2010
My arrow just recently started sticking today 1030am mst
It sticks on all quests I have available, all in Avalon

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
i was playing earlier today and the site closed down i guess to update,and now my quest arrow wont come on. I have all my settings set right? can someone tell me what to try please? thank you. it works on my other wizards but not my lvl 90.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
my arrow doesnt come on on my life wizard she is in azteca

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Saffron the Epic on Jan 30, 2013 wrote:
i was playing earlier today and the site closed down i guess to update,and now my quest arrow wont come on. I have all my settings set right? can someone tell me what to try please? thank you. it works on my other wizards but not my lvl 90.
I'm having a problem today too. Working on quests in Wysteria. Quest arrow shows the numbers on it okay. But the quest arrow is constantly pointing straight ahead of me.

If I don't know where I am supposed to be going, the quest arrow isn't helping at all.

If I know where I am supposed to be going, I go in that direction (which might be completely opposite of where the quest arrow is pointing), and when I turn, the quest arrow follows me.
I did send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com to explain this, and I also attached a DxDiag file and a Wizard Client Log File (zipped) in case they need them.

I didn't have any problems before today, and I was playing quite a bit in the past few days.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
I have found that the quest arrow has remained pointing straight up at sporadic and unpredictable times. At times, when I've exited a dungeon, I've noticed it stuck. I've attempted changing quests - no change. I've attempted turning it on and off using Ctrl+T with no luck. The only way I've been successful in resetting the arrow, is to log out to the Wizard Selection screen (the classroom) and then back in. Once, that didn't help and I had to log completely out of the game, but most times just quit and then return was enough to fix it.
It has occurred in every world in any given area - it can't be predicted or narrowed down to a specific occurrence. Just that when it happens, the fix is to quit and go back in, or log off and back in.
Destiny
Promethian Necromancer

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
What if your quest arrow has completely disappeared??I cannot make my quest arrow appear.

Destiny Waterthief

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
cdmichlin on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
Mine too

Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
The Balance Master on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
What if your quest arrow has completely disappeared??I cannot make my quest arrow appear.

Destiny Waterthief
Did you try CTL and "T"