Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If your Quest Arrow is Stuck - Read This

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 11, 2012
I've had a two of times where my arrow was completely stuck. The first one was in firecat alley when i was doing a side quest i think. the second one was somewhere in krokotopia. none in Marleybone or Mooshu or Dragonspyre.

o and i also have another problem in krokotopia. When ever i get off the boat to the krokosphinx or come out of the tomb of storms or pyramid of sun, i lag out of control. It doesn't do it anywhere else though

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
if it gets stuck find a stopping point log all the way out and back in

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
eric123456789028 wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Quest Helper Arrow Stuck in one Position?

Here's what you need to do to help us fix this for all our young Wizards.

Please note: this is only for the arrow being completely stuck and not moving, not for 'misdirection' of the arrow.

Could you please tell us what quest you're currently on that the arrow is stuck on? Also, if you select another quest to track and then back to the current one, does it resolve itself? Does it resolve itself if you log off the game and back on or if you turn off quest helper & back on?

The more you help us, the faster we can help you! Reply here to tell us through email to support@wizard101.com and subject - "stuck quest arrow"
I was working on the quest (a while ago probably a week or two ago) to recover 10 stolen weapons in hametsu village. it got stuck, did not move anywhere and number didnt change. i tried switching quests and did not fix it. Then i logged off then on and then it worked.

Wolf SilverSpear
Master Pyromancer

that exact thing happened to me too, but i wasn't really working on any quest, but when i switched between two different quests, it still stuck in one position and the number didn't change, i logged off and then back on, and it was fixed.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
One of my friends recalled their arrow being stuck in Katenstien's Lab.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
The ironworks quests. stuck and won't move. its 9:13 eastern time. Thanks :-)

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Arrow stuck in MooShu in Village of Sorrow. Logging off and then back on seemed to fix the issue. :?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Recently had to wipe computer and re-download Wizard101 - now every time I sign on my arrow is stuck and I have to sign all the way off and all the way back on.

Guess I am just lucky it didn't do it in the middle of Kats Lab, since you really can't sign off on a dungeon or it's do over for you.

I think we can no longer call this arrow the "Guest Helper" as since the updates it's just been totally unreliable for me and I can find no happy medium on how to use it any more, I am currently wearing the Q key out on my keyboard.

Can't wait for the map to start acting up with the next update I will totally be out of game to play, I memorized a lot of the Spiral but not every inch.

Well I guess change is good - it keeps us on our toes.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
The quest arrow is stuck on every single one of my quests.
All of them :(

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
My arrow got stuck only ONE time for now in Krokotopia but when I logged out and logged in again, it worked just fine. I will leave another message if my arrow gets stuck again.

Brianna DawnBlood
Balance wizard level 25

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
This happened to me in the Labyrinth Dungeon in Dragonspyre. Fortunetly, ny brother, my friend and I were doing this dungeon together, so I just followed them wherever we had to go. Although I had an out, this was serioudly annoying :?. This also happened on many quests that required you to talk to anyone in The Dragonspyre Academy :D. This only started happening in Dragonspyre, no ide why. Plz fix!

Emmaline Iceshard

Lvl 45 Ice
:) :)

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Yes, my quest arrow is stuck, it got stuck in dragonspyre when I had to do the quest for firestone and do the pryromancers tomb, and it has been stuck ever since. I have tried logging out, switching quests, and turning quest helper on and off, but none have helped. Please fix this, because now it is very confusing to do quests.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
my quest arrow is stuck on all the quests ive taken in the survey camp in celestia. selecting different quests did not fix it. logging off did fix it.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
It happened once in Krokotopia in some Family Tomb.It kept pointing forward!
I kept running in circles! It was so funny! :D
But then my brother pointed that out.
I went to another place and it got fixed!
I was on my level 20-23 character called Jessica Pixie Heart!

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2011
Galaxyl0l wrote:
I've had a two of times where my arrow was completely stuck. The first one was in firecat alley when i was doing a side quest i think. the second one was somewhere in krokotopia. none in Marleybone or Mooshu or Dragonspyre.

o and i also have another problem in krokotopia. When ever i get off the boat to the krokosphinx or come out of the tomb of storms or pyramid of sun, i lag out of control. It doesn't do it anywhere else though

Maybe because if you press Ctrl and an arrow key the wizard keeps on moving in the direction of the arrow

Survivor
Jul 10, 2012
In the labyrinth mine got stuck and I had to wait a while to attempt to beat it again.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
my quest arrow got stuck today on ALL quests. Things that didn't help:

1) Turning it off and on
2) Logging out

Turned quest helper off, exited game, restarted game, turned quest helper back on worked fine

Survivor
Dec 11, 2009
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Log off from game completely then back on is not working. My arrow got stuck this morning and even after five times is still stuck.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Sparkle640 wrote:
I'm stuck on ALL of my quests that use the Quest Arrow. Quite annoying, as I have to find the targets myself. D: When I select another quest, that one is stuck also. My other characters have the same problem. I tried turning it off and turning it back on, but it was still stuck, logging out, then back in didn't help either.

The amount of footsteps changes when I step into a different part of a world, but they just stay that way. (A different part of a world, ex: Cyclops Lane to Dark Cave.)

its the same with me

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
my quest arrow gets stuck on every single quest. i log off then come back on then it is fine. i tried changing the quest but it does not work.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
It fixed after I turned computer all the way off, let it rest overnight, then on, then back in game.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
Ok so i have read this and what seems to be a glitch of some sort or maybe a bug, the arrow has also been stuck in krokatopia as well, most of the realms, maybe all. Yes unfortunately, logging out allllll the way seems to be the only solution. Please help fix this because it does get to be a little bit annoying when you are having to completely close out and the wait to loadn the game time and again.

Thanks Star

Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
vix8 wrote:
My arrow is stuck in Zafaria as of 10Pm est. It is stuck on the missions in the Zamunda outskirts.
nice

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
It froze for me on Trick and Sticks on Triton Avenue after finding all 10 pumpkins, I thought it was funny at first though, as I looked at this thread before I went online.
Yay! Logging out and back in again saved the day