Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If your Quest Arrow is Stuck - Read This

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Quest Helper Arrow Stuck in one Position?

Here's what you need to do to help us fix this for all our young Wizards.

Please note: this is only for the arrow being completely stuck and not moving, not for 'misdirection' of the arrow.

Could you please tell us what quest you're currently on that the arrow is stuck on? Also, if you select another quest to track and then back to the current one, does it resolve itself? Does it resolve itself if you log off the game and back on or if you turn off quest helper & back on?

The more you help us, the faster we can help you! Reply here to tell us through email to support@wizard101.com and subject - "stuck quest arrow"

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
every main quest in firecat alley, I just logged out and back in and it worked fine, sometimes logging doesn't work though.

I believe a few quests in triton avenue too, and in krokotopia royal hall+ might want to be looked at.

Also I heard someone got the problem in Ghost Avalon, which I didn't.

It might be all the quests in game with this glitch, but only happens sometimes, it is weird and random..

Hope this helped!

Survivor
Sep 11, 2011
My arrow is stuck in Zafaria as of 10Pm est. It is stuck on the missions in the Zamunda outskirts.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
My arrow has been stuck in more than one location. It seems to be the worst in Marleybone...and on more than one quest. Once it worked right in the Scotland Yard building but was bad again when I went back out. Sometimes it has gone away after logging out and getting back in but not in the last few days.

quote=Professor Greyrose]Quest Helper Arrow Stuck in one Position?

Please note: this is only for the arrow being completely stuck and not moving, not for 'misdirection' of the arrow.

Could you please tell us what quest you're currently on that the arrow is stuck on? Also, if you select another quest to track and then back to the current one, does it resolve itself? Does it resolve itself if you log off the game and back on or if you turn off quest helper & back on?

The more you help us, the faster we can help you! Reply here to tell us through email to support@wizard101.com and subject - "stuck quest arrow"

Defender
May 19, 2012
I had this happen to me in a dungeon in Dragonspyre. Fortunately, I was able to just follow the other party members, or port to them, as their arrows were still working. Once we were done with the dungeon, I logged completely out of the game and back in again, and it was working fine. It hasn't happened again as of yet.

I still have issues with the cursor vanishing during boss fights though. It's very random and only happens once every day or so, and I've emailed my dxdiag file on three different occasions, but they still haven't figured out why it's happening. I surely hope they figure it out, as it really does make it difficult when running a dungeon. I hate the thought of losing all my progress, if it happens when I'm close to the end of running a dungeon. I have been fortunate so far in that I only lost my progress once, and that was early after having entered the dungeon.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Quest Helper Arrow Stuck in one Position?

I was working on the quest (a while ago probably a week or two ago) to recover 10 stolen weapons in hametsu village. it got stuck, did not move anywhere and number didnt change. i tried switching quests and did not fix it. Then i logged off then on and then it worked.

Wolf SilverSpear
Master Pyromancer

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
My arrow got stuck but resolved itself after logging off then back on.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
** Also, I was on a quest in cyclopes lane. I can't specifically remember which though.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2012
I had this problem on two characters yesterday--one was in Mooshu, when I needed to go back to the village after completing some of the Bandit killing quests. Then I switched to a character who was in Olde Town, and had the same problem. The arrow stayed the same no matter which quest I switched to for both of them.

Logging out and logging back in fixed it.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
A few of the main quests in Avalon, the one where you go to the bridge in The Wild.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Your post said reply here, and email so I'm going to do both.

I logged in to find my quest arrow stuck. I was in the middle of a quest I had started the last time I played and the quest arrow worked fine that time. I turned the quest helper on and off, and still it was stuck. I changed quests and still it was stuck. I logged out the character and logged it back in and still it was stuck. I completely exited Wizard101 and restarted the executable, and the quest arrow became unstuck.

the quest I was on at the time the problem started was Don't Impress Me Much in Zafaria

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
It was in Dragonspre in one of the towers not positive which one it was.But then it started moving after about 5 min..The next day my brother was playing and his didn't move either until 5 min. too.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
My quest helper just got stuck today. Every quest i click on, the helper points to the direction im going to and not the direction of the quest and i believe its completely stuck. You guys need to fix this because i only have a week to play this game.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Hello, I am having the same issue. It started when I had the quest for the beetle search selected (which i know turns the arrow off) and logged off. When I logged back on and changed to another quest the arrow became stuck and remains stuck no matter what quest is clicked. I am currently trying to complete several quests in marleybone and wysteria. I have tried turning the quest helper off and back on, even switching computers, but nothing worked. I'll try turning quest helper off then logging out and see what happens. Thanks for your help!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Yay! Just a follow up to the previous post! Turned off quest helper, logged off and completely exited the game. (Cleared my computer's temporary files, but I don't think this is needed, try without first!) Logged back in and everything was fine! I hope this works for everyone else! See you in the game!

Survivor
Apr 28, 2009
I'm stuck on ALL of my quests that use the Quest Arrow. Quite annoying, as I have to find the targets myself. D: When I select another quest, that one is stuck also. My other characters have the same problem. I tried turning it off and turning it back on, but it was still stuck, logging out, then back in didn't help either.

The amount of footsteps changes when I step into a different part of a world, but they just stay that way. (A different part of a world, ex: Cyclops Lane to Dark Cave.)

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
When i was doing some quest in Celestia my quest arrow just stopped moving and stayed at 186 pointing the arrow in the same direction no matter what i do. what are we supposed to do when this happens! I ported to a friend and back all it did was put the arrow from that place to the quest and then it stayed stuck. when i logged out it seemed to work again. Can you try to fix this soon.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
This happened to me, doing the quest defeat odji sokkwi, turning the quest arrow off and back on did not help i did not try too switch quests, i eventually logged off then got back on and it was fixed. Please fix this soon it keeps happening

Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
Quest arrow stuck today in Avalon Deepwater, quest to fight Myth Boss.

Switched to other wizard, quest arrow was stuck while I worked on Mooshu quests.

Completely exited game and logged back in and quest arrow started working again.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2012
I've had my arrow stuck multiple times, most recently in The Grotto and in Malistaires Lair.

Turning the quest helping off and back on did not resolve the problem, and neither did relogging. The only solution I've found so far is to completely exit out of the game and restart.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Idk what is happening, but every time i start the game the quest helper is always stuck. on every quest. every time i play.

Wolf SilverSpear ~ lvl 49 fire

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
It is not quest related,the bug is somewhere else in the code.
The reason is because it can happen for any quest at any time.The fix for myself has always been to log out and back in again,then it works.

So going on that little information,i can assume it has to do with something while loading the game on login.

I have also noticed as of late the game lags real bad,like it completely stops for 3-5 seconds.I thought it had to do with loading the higher graphics,but still happens when i play on the lower settings.The reason is the way the game is caching or something related.The reason is when it happens i see the loading icon in the upper left corner.This is not just for new area but even when returning to old areas.

Is it possible that lag while loading the game on login is also causing the stuck arrow?Lag for any program can cause anomalies.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
Well most if the time my quest arrow is stuck because to freazes

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
zubov56 wrote:
It is not quest related,the bug is somewhere else in the code.
The reason is because it can happen for any quest at any time.The fix for myself has always been to log out and back in again,then it works.

So going on that little information,i can assume it has to do with something while loading the game on login.

I have also noticed as of late the game lags real bad,like it completely stops for 3-5 seconds.I thought it had to do with loading the higher graphics,but still happens when i play on the lower settings.The reason is the way the game is caching or something related.The reason is when it happens i see the loading icon in the upper left corner.This is not just for new area but even when returning to old areas.

Is it possible that lag while loading the game on login is also causing the stuck arrow?Lag for any program can cause anomalies.

I am having that lag issue also, where I just freeze for seconds, mainly when I am going along in Wizard City and I just updated my broadband so really doesn't make sense now.

I gave up on the quest arrow it is totally random on what it does or does not do. The stuck does seem to clear with a log out and back on which is a pain.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2011
In response to your request, I switched from "Crowology" to "Taste of Poison" and the quest marker stuck straight forward. Since I only had those 2 quests at the time and the "Crowology" is a non-pointer quest, switching didn't resolve the problem, however logging off and back on did.

Sounds like this has been an issue for a while...