Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spirit caller drums to hard to craft

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
the spirit caller drums are WAY to hard to craft maybe make easier to get regrents

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
don't give up yet just keep working on them and you'll eventually get them made, yes it takes a lot of effort but not all crafting should be easy and does'nt have to be done right away.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2008
I am working on it too, but I don't think they should change it because then everyone would have the gear and it wouldn't be unique to the people who have it. Just keep trying and don't give up!

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
oh dont remind me about that spirit caller drum. probaly the worst part about it is the number of fossils you need and not to mention the cost if you do it the quick way(by quick i mean 1 and a half weeks) by buying everything in the bazaar. man i went from max gold to 50,000 and at level 70 at the current time 50 grand wasnt gonna get you very far. but never the less i did it and all i can say is if you farm the bazaar be ready to click fast cause those things go in seconds.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
foenix52 wrote:
don't give up yet just keep working on them and you'll eventually get them made, yes it takes a lot of effort but not all crafting should be easy and does'nt have to be done right away.

where do you find the bongos

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
It should only take you a month, a little more if you are on the slow side, dont worry though, you will get there eventually! :)

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
stella123420 wrote:
foenix52 wrote:

Where do you find the bongos? Are they sold or found in the world you get the quest in?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Dreamer931 wrote:
stella123420 wrote:
foenix52 wrote:

Where do you find the bongos? Are they sold or found in the world you get the quest in?

You mean conga drums? Use this link to help you:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Conga_Drum

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Dreamer931 wrote:
stella123420 wrote:
foenix52 wrote:

You must craft the bongos as well the recipe is from I guy in celestial

Survivor
Oct 14, 2011
For those of you who are finding it difficult to craft the drums from zafaria, I would suggest that gardening is the easiest route. I used fickle pickles. they drop fossils, golden pearls, aether, sandstones and sunstones (among others that are not required for the two recipies). I bought the pots instead of creating plots. two reasons for this. One: you can fit 65 pots into the pest and needs spells, but only 37 plots. two: the plots cost energy to make and the pots dont, and you have to save your energy for planting. NOTE: before you plants 65 fickle pickles make sure you are at least a level 5 gardener, because you need to buy the fly swatter pest spell (fickle pickles attract up to level 5 pests) and they need everything! (Sunshine, water, pollination, music and magic). I usually take care of their needs in the morning, and the pests in the evening. also, you dont have to buy too many in the beginning, because they give you plenty of seeds when you harvest them.

Another idea is to try craft with some of your other wizards too, you only have to get them to level 10, which is really easy. I used pink dandelions, they take longer than most of the plants to reach elder but you can reach level 5 very quickly with these plants, compared to boom shrooms which progress to elder quickly but dont give you much xp.

Another plant which is useful to plant is king parsley. I dont know where I got so many of these seeds from, but they are great! Also, they are crown plants, so they always reseed at elder. Not only that, they can also reseed during the regular harvests too. you have to be at least level 6 to plant them, and you need level 2 pest spell. they need sunshine and music. they drop aether, sunstones and sandstones. unfortunately they do not drop golden pearls or fossils, so that is why i suggest fickle pickles first. king parsley also drop amber. I have heard complaints about the drop rate but i can honestly say that after KI modified the drop rate, i seemed to be getting more amber. on a harvest of 32 king parsley before modification i got 0, but i just did an elder harvest yesterday, and I got 2! for those of you who are trying to get amber, i know that white tiger lillies give the best chances, but if you are like me i dont have many of them, and you cant seem to ever find any at the bazaar. so I use deadly ninja figs. yes they take forever, to reach elder (even with 6 likes), but on my one wizard I got three amber and on the other I got four! (out of 14). thats not too bad :? the only problem with these is that you have to buy them in the nordrilund(i think) in wintertusk - if you havent done wintertusk you will have to find someone to take you there- and also they are expensive. luckily you have so much time before they reach elder to get some more gold :D

I hope this helps. pls feel free to add if you feel there is a better option out there

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
The challenge is half the fun :P I dont think they should make it easier. Its not meant to be easy anyways. I'm not sure where the bongos are. I have already bought them I just dont remember who from O.o I dont think it was from anyone is ZF though.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I was working on this quest last night. I actually saw two other Grandmaster Artisans making the Dragonspyre stone block run. Haha
Had better luck in the bazaar. One Conga Drum down, 3 more to go!
For those wondering about the Conga Drum, it needs to be crafted and the unicycle recipe guy in Celestia base camp has it.
pods

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
pods1973 wrote:
I was working on this quest last night. I actually saw two other Grandmaster Artisans making the Dragonspyre stone block run. Haha
For those wondering about the Conga Drum, it needs to be crafted and the unicycle recipe guy in Celestia base camp has it.
pods

Gearwise is the name of this "unicycle recipe guy". LOL

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Ronster55 wrote:
pods1973 wrote:
pods

Haha, yeah, him too!
I bet ya the next time you see him you will think "unicycle recipe guy."
I didn't check to see if he even sells unicycle recipes either!
pods

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
pods1973 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
pods1973 wrote:
pods

Haha, yeah, him too!
I bet ya the next time you see him you will think "unicycle recipe guy."
I didn't check to see if he even sells unicycle recipes either!
pods

He should sell that as a craftable mount! The unicycle! :D

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
i actually got this done in a week. Here's how:
Buy all the buyable items, and look at the bazaar for a few days.
Stake out at stone town. As the name implies, there is stone everywhere, and obviously fossils. I have found 3 Sandstone locales there, and 2 in the Savannah. Once you find them, should should be able to collect them rapidly. There is a better chance of finding the sandstone in the savannah. I've made a hat that requires 20 sunstone. I got it in 5 days using this method.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
landrey1234 wrote:
the spirit caller drums are WAY to hard to craft maybe make easier to get regrents

I agree, I've reached level 80 and STILL haven't made my first spirit drum, then there is the mind numbing task of making another 2 congo drums as well as finding/transmuting all those black pearls etc. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing I'll be able to craft Avalon gear and anything that comes with a new world. (as long as KI doesn't force us to earn another badge)
James Dreamweaver lvl 80 Sorcerer

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
This was easy to do...my tips:

1. Use Halfang boss in Vestrilund (Wintertusk) to spam attack and sell loot for gold, you'll need 300-400 thousand at least. Use this gold to buy the reagents you need faster than farming them.

2. Go to Bazaar and anytime you see Aether, Fossils, Golden Pearls Sunstone, or Stone Blocks...buy as many as you can! Switch realms every few minutes in case you aren't getting the reagents you need

3. The conga drum recipe is sold by the vendor in Celestia in the upper left corner in the commons area. You will need to make 4...yes 4 of these!

4. If unable to get some of the more difficult regeants, you'll need to transmute them after getting more of the common ingredients. Stone Blocks and Kelp is what you'll probably be going for the most, so plan ahead and look for those.

Best of success, it is worth the effort, and the badge is super cool.