Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mana blast issue in avalon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design, but when my balance sorcerer used the new level 72 mana blast spell, the whiptail pantera casts the spell it had chosen, even though I went first in that round and took away the pips it needed to cast its spell. For example, one had 7 pips. I chose mana blast and went first. Mana blast hit the pantera for 80 x 7 pips, plus the boost from my balance blade. It dropped the number of pips the panter had available down to 4, but when its turn came (in that same round), it still was able to use the Triton spell. I don't think the programming logic re-evaluated the number of pips available before actually casting the spell - it only calculated them at the beginning of the round. This has happened a number of times, and in my mind, reduces the effectiveness of the mana blast spell as a defensive counter-maneuver. This occurred in Caer Lyon, oustide of the Harvest house, as a part of the quest that resulted in me gaining access to Weirwood.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
peligrosaii wrote:
I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design, but when my balance sorcerer used the new level 72 mana blast spell, the whiptail pantera casts the spell it had chosen, even though I went first in that round and took away the pips it needed to cast its spell. For example, one had 7 pips. I chose mana blast and went first. Mana blast hit the pantera for 80 x 7 pips, plus the boost from my balance blade. It dropped the number of pips the panter had available down to 4, but when its turn came (in that same round), it still was able to use the Triton spell. I don't think the programming logic re-evaluated the number of pips available before actually casting the spell - it only calculated them at the beginning of the round. This has happened a number of times, and in my mind, reduces the effectiveness of the mana blast spell as a defensive counter-maneuver. This occurred in Caer Lyon, oustide of the Harvest house, as a part of the quest that resulted in me gaining access to Weirwood.

Yep. Mana Burn is badly broken~ at this point, it's just a free cast for the opponent. KI knows about this, though I'm sure they'll announce it if/when they plan to fix it (although it was designed for PvP, and that crowd seems to dictate what changes are made around here).

In the meantime, happy travels~
El Veeb the Archmage Sorceress