Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber, Vine and Braided Vine Reagents

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Amber, Vine and Braided Vine Reagents will only be available through Gardening. Plants such as White Tiger Lily, Red Bell Pepper, Red Huckleberries, Deadly Fly Trap, Silver Trumpet Vine, Maelstrom Snap Dragon, Frozen Fly Trap and many more now have the new reagents added to their harvest rewards!

psst White Tiger Lily gives you the best chance at Amber.

Edit: full information
Amber can be obtained only from the following plants:

White Tiger Lily
Deadly Ninja Fig
King Parsley
Red BellPepper
Red Huckleberries

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
May 10, 2010
My question, is why is the drop rate for Amber so low? Out of 20 white tiger lilies, I get 4 amber? That is only a 20% drop rate. Each White Tiger Lily takes 2 weeks to reach elder for a very slim chance at this very rare reagent, on top of that, you cant buy white tiger lilies, they are a very rare drop.

So, you have to have a rare drop on top of an ever rarer drop from the drop?

WOW

Hero
May 27, 2009
Hello Professor -

Someone posted on a fansite that they got an Amber from a Silver Trumpet Vine. That isn't on your list here in this thread, and I'd just like to get verification that this person is possibly mistaken?

People are going very crazy over getting Amber, so every shred of information we can get is appreciated.

Thanks very much.

PS - is someone working on a Transmute Amber recipe, please, please, pretty please????

Administrator
Willowdreamer wrote:
Hello Professor -

Someone posted on a fansite that they got an Amber from a Silver Trumpet Vine. That isn't on your list here in this thread, and I'd just like to get verification that this person is possibly mistaken?

People are going very crazy over getting Amber, so every shred of information we can get is appreciated.

Thanks very much.

PS - is someone working on a Transmute Amber recipe, please, please, pretty please????

It's not on the list I was given, but I'll look in to it and get back to you!

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Amber, Vine and Braided Vine Reagents will only be available through Gardening. Plants such as White Tiger Lily, Red Bell Pepper, Red Huckleberries, Deadly Fly Trap, Silver Trumpet Vine, Maelstrom Snap Dragon, Frozen Fly Trap and many more now have the new reagents added to their harvest rewards!

psst White Tiger Lily gives you the best chance at Amber.

Edit: full information
Amber can be obtained only from the following plants:

White Tiger Lily
Deadly Ninja Fig
King Parsley
Red BellPepper
Red Huckleberries

White Tiger Lily, not for sale, low drop rate on certain bosses.
Deadly Ninja Fig, crown plant, low drop rate on certain bosses.
King Parsley, not sure about this one, probably same though.
Red Bell Pepper, not for sale, low drop rate on certain bosses.
Red Huckleberries, not for sale, low drop rate on certain bosses.

All of these plants take almost 2 weeks to reach elder, for a low drop rate of Amber. 1/5 plants will drop an Amber, if that.

So, a low drop rate on top of a plant that has a low drop rate?
All we are asking for is either a chance to transmute this reagent, or that the drop rates are increased. It's not much to ask!

Administrator
I have confirmed that Silver Trumpet Vines cannot return Amber as a reward. Perhaps they were just mistaken or harvested a plant next to the Silver Trumpet Vine.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Apr 21, 2009
as you said professor in a previous post you thought that the new transmute recipes reagents would be amusing? gold pearls? yes and are not a problem for a skilled crafter to acquire, sunstone thats just plain madness we need all the sunstone we can get to craft the actual spells and housing items, amber dust. an interesting object i dont see why ya cant just get 15 piles of that stuff and transmute it like you would with Sandstone to sunstone. and merle ambrosses beard hairs?!? one word... in caps. HILARIOUS!

Survivor
May 11, 2009
Let's see the response I get with these facts.

Deadly Ninja Figs

bought and planted 70 with the sole purpose of obtaining amber.

of the first 50 that went elder (which was today) I received a total of 1 amber! YES, just one! What kind of odds are we talking about in the dropping of amber. 1 in 50????? :( :( :( :x :x :x

At the rate KI is withholding the good drops from crown users, I surely will not be joining the ranks in Pirate101 or even Wizard101 much longer. Those that spend $$$ on crowns are seemingly expected to buy more and more to keep pace with the members who pay monthly or for yearly subscriptions.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
chaykittie wrote:
Let's see the response I get with these facts.

Deadly Ninja Figs

bought and planted 70 with the sole purpose of obtaining amber.

of the first 50 that went elder (which was today) I received a total of 1 amber! YES, just one! What kind of odds are we talking about in the dropping of amber. 1 in 50????? :( :( :( :x :x :x

At the rate KI is withholding the good drops from crown users, I surely will not be joining the ranks in Pirate101 or even Wizard101 much longer. Those that spend $$$ on crowns are seemingly expected to buy more and more to keep pace with the members who pay monthly or for yearly subscriptions.

Deadly Ninja figs arent the most efficient way for Amber. Try White Tiger Lilies or King Parsley. Good luck

Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
Did you know, these reagents are No Auction, because these vines cannot be used on recipes now, except amber. :D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
notunnoel940 wrote:
Did you know, these reagents are No Auction, because these vines cannot be used on recipes now, except amber. :D

Most people did, anyone who has one at least XD ...Or read the update notes o.o

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
White Tiger Lilys are buyable in the bazaar, so look there. They do not take two weeks to get to elder. to make them grow quicker, plant dandelions near them, and put a blue ball of yarn next to them. or a potted cattail. Really easy plant to garden once you know what they like

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
rye305 wrote:
White Tiger Lilys are buyable in the bazaar, so look there. They do not take two weeks to get to elder. to make them grow quicker, plant dandelions near them, and put a blue ball of yarn next to them. or a potted cattail. Really easy plant to garden once you know what they like

Most of us know that, but look in the bazaar: 0. There is usually NEVER one. I have only ever got 2 at the bazaar. BY LUCK. And most of us do that, if you have tried, it takes approximately 16 days. (From what I have seen with 3 likes) And potted cattails: Rarest furniture item I have farmed for. I have farmed over 70 or so times for it from Oakheart. (Its usually not in the bazaar). I have got 3 treant pets, a decorated death hat, decorated ice boots, and decorated myth robe, and still none. (I got potted bobtails, but those don't count.)

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
Well this amber situation is just totaly insane another way to make more money I have spend way to much already on this game, is very disapointing that KI has to go to this extremes to make more money u dont get amber from plants drops and when u do is only one in a thousand is not even worth it to make this spells I have the total of six accounts I can say I have spend in the thousands and now this Amber problem what is the point of coming up with this spells that need a reagent that u cant find Do u people at KI even play this game or just come up with dumb ideas like this with money sings in your eyes shape up KI and figure out that kids are not going to waste their time on this insane reagent. And parents are not going to waste any more money .So just fix this problem and make the reagents need it for spells aviable to people.