Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet hatching: some suggestions to help kids

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2011
Dear Professor Greyrose,

I have decided to send you a msg on behalf of some of the kids playing wizard. For our young wiz (with and without menu chatter) the hatchery can be a place were they are ridiculed, ignored and left upset. Whilst I appreciate there are many teen and adults who have the means to make their pet epic with great talents, this is far more difficult for those that are much younger and do not only to understand why people continue to say no to them.

A friend suggested changes to the menu chat items which I completely agree with and fully support. Unfortunately, this will not stop the behaviour that I believe has worsen during my time on wizard. Myself and many others will do random hatches when we can for many of us are parents and we are genuinely upset when we see what happens. We choose not to report others that are rude or say no because people ultimately dont have to hatch with a piggle or a uni. For months now, I have been thinking whether the balance could be addressed. I know it just breaks my heart each time I see someone say NO, your pet is bad....

Perhaps add a badge for those who hatch with the wiz city pets (at 10, 20, 50 much like gardening there can be a pet helper badge etc)
Perhaps a treasure card can be farmed for that would allow ppl to donate it to someone who would like to hatch but cant
Perhaps a unique pet can be designed for those in wiz city lvls (but not improved / rehatched) that makes them feel special

I dont know what the answer is and infact whether there is one, but children should be having fun not be ignored

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
look for a good realm with an adult pet and get about 30,000 gold and stay at the hatchary for about 10 min and if no one wants to hatch with you go up to the sigil, if that doesn't work then start asking people to hatch with you. if you click on people there will be a hatch button near the top right of the screen. i believe three or four from the bttom is the button.

good luck Wolf Pixietamer level 64 thurgist with a sea dragon no crows, by hatching. :D

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I have from time to time done "charity" hatches. I usually hatch with my own pets or my family. But sometimes when I am in the hatchery I will hatch with anyone who asks.
The problem that I have is that the menu chat hatching sayings make it difficult to get a point across (I am usually approached by a menu chatter).
Ex.
When I am hatching for someone else, they may want to hatch with a certain pet of mine. But I have no idea which one. So I have to scroll through my pets until I see them press "ready." At the same time they must be thinking that I want to see all of their pets when in reality, I want them to use their pet that they want as well.
Maybe we can think of some menu command sayings that help this? I would gladly hatch with a low level wizard with a piggle, I would even pay their share as gold becomes something we need to spend at the higher levels.
pods