Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help in-game?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
A little kindness and respect goes a long ways. I have some real pet peeves with some of you who play Wizard101.

Do NOT demand that I drop what I am doing to come and help you. I will ignore your demands.

Do NOT text me and say 'Port', 'Come to me', or 'Help!' Ask nicely, and if I'm not busy, I'll be happy to help. 'Please, can you help me?' would be nice to hear.

Do NOT treat me like I'm your servant, slave, girl, or dog. You will fast find yourself on your way to my ignore list. If this is how you treat your girl, you don't deserve to even have a girl (the same can be said of you girls who are just as rude and obnoxious).

Do NOT ask me to help and have me port into an already ongoing battle. I might need time to set up my deck before the fight. If you can't handle the battle on your own, either flee or be defeated, and when you are ready to go into battle again, then ask me to port.

If we go into battle together, do NOT flee and leave me to handle the monsters by myself. If you do, I will leave and I will not assist you again. This is extremely rude and unkind, as you generally end up having at least three monsters to fight when two or more players enter the battle.

If I am busy and not able to help you, I will tell you I'm busy. Don't pester me or 'beg' me to come help if I've said I can't. This will again earn you a one way trip to my ignore list.

I am here to enjoy the game, level up, and do the same things you are doing. The game doesn't revolve around you. I don't mind helping with boss monsters that are difficult to defeat, but don't ask me to help you with all your quests. If you're not able to defeat the monsters on your own, perhaps you are trying to move ahead too quickly.

My storm wizard is level 41 now, and I'm finding the monsters where I'm questing at to be somewhat easy, and the only boss monsters I can't solo are the major bosses, despite all the fizzles. I know if I can do it, you can too.

I make it a general habit not to ignore any request to be added to friends, as you never know when that one person comes along that happens to be your perfect questing partner. I have no problem deleting those from my friends list, however, if they treat me in a rude or impolite manner. I simply don't want to associate with them. Just please use some etiquette and ask politely when you need help. Don't be rude or uncouth about it. Thank you!

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Oh yes, I feel the same as you on this!

The demand that I follow? lol I usually go about my own business instead.

No word of thanks after helping in your battle? Yes, I have done that a time or two myself, but I will at least private chat and say thanks afterwards.

No, I will not be your girl. What I'm willing to be is your friend though.

Three of my wizards are now in Avalon, where even the mobs can be gruesome. Please, at the very least, ASK before porting to me. Its bad enough that some people will jump into your battle and then flee without having your friends bring in extra foes.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Good post Fiziali :-)

If you need help and see me in game, just ask! I am nearly always willing to lend a hand.

Devin Darksong – lvl 80 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 64 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Defender
May 19, 2012
ssss55123, I totally agree. You might have the fight under control then they port into the battle uninvited, dragging in new monsters that now begin attacking you as well. This can turn the tide against you, and cause you to go down, which may not have happened if they had not jumped in in the first place. I actually turned off my friend teleports because people kept doing this. I only turn it back on if I am working with a group of people.

There was this one guy who kept bugging me to help him, and if I didn't come help him right away, he would port to me to see what I was doing. One time he ported into my battle and dragged in some new monsters, then he fled. I immediately removed him from my friends list and have not helped him since.

Moribund, thank you. It's very kind of you to offer to help. I know a lot of the people who play are kids, but if they are old enough to play the game, they are old enough to know how to be polite. I seriously do not understand why they are so rude. I try to be patient with them, but it gets aggravating after a while, when it's one person after another, and is constantly happening.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I couldn't agree more! As a matter-of-fact, I was thinking of making a post just like yours, listing the exact pet peeves.

I don't mind helping people out ... IF I'm available. If I'm fighting a mob or boss, then I let the person know that I can help when I'm done. It's when people get pushy that annoys me. I get the "port" or "port to me", or "help". I always ask what they need help with, and I usually don't get an answer, except "port" or "help" again.

I am usually 'hidden to friends', because I need to get MY quests done.

Yesterday was a perfect example of why I use "hidden to friends". Three people in particular (close to the same level I am), kept porting to me in the middle of battles. In particular, the nasty Seraph things by the Tomb of the Nameless in Avalon. I usually don't pack very many extra spells, because I know my battle plan and need my attacks and blades to come up fast. Needless to say, I kept having to fight FOUR of the Seraphs, while the ones who ported to me .... would flee.

In regards to bosses .... If you tried to defeat him and couldn't do it .... then yes, ask for help ..... NICELY, and let me know what TYPE of boss you're fighting.

There was one person yesterday who was super nice. He asked very politely for help with several bosses that were Storm. My friend is a Storm wizard, so he and I knew it would not be easy for him. Since I am a level 80 Ice, I played the role of the 'tank'. It was great to play with someone who wasn't demanding, and who appreciated my help. It was refreshing.

Also, yesterday, another person demanded that I help him. I was in a dungeon with a boss, so I let him know. He wanted me to flee and port to him right away. I said no politely, again. He told me, "fine, if you are not going to help me, I'll just drop you right now". Okay by me! I don't need friends like that, nor should anyone else have friends who are rude.

Yes, politeness goes a long ways. Yes, rudeness will get you deleted faster than a gnat's attention span.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I agree 100% with you. Some of my friends are out of control. They are extremely ungrateful and selfish. I never see a sign of gratitude from them. One day I could not get a single quest done because every single second there is a person who needs help. 10% of them show gratitude and treat me with respect (which I loved to help them anytime). The other 90% are rude and never give a single kind word to me. For instance there was a selfish wizard who was like this, " Hey, port to me". Whoever that was is rude and selfish, less than three seconds later he goes to me and says "Dude! Stop day dreaming and port." That was hurtful and rude. I was about to port and help, but I thought to myself that dropping everything you're doing to help someone is to be deserved and asked for respect. So he got back a mouthful from me I stood up to him and said, " You know what? You need to say "please" first of all, and second of all be patient. What kind of friend are you?" Once I gave that to him he mocked me and that was enough. I added him to my ignore list and that was said and done. I hated what I did but he should have been nicer. Even my close friends thought that was the right thing to do. They even told me that I am too nice but I don't think so, but I guess I was. That's what others thought of me so I guess it's true. Going through things like this every single time you log on can make you pretty stressed out so anyone who treated me like a slave was sent to my ignore list and it has been way better with this method.
What do you think?

Regards from,
Nathan RainbowWalker
Master Thergist
Level 48

Survivor
Feb 28, 2011
I agree with having many of the same irritating things happening to me. I would love if they had an option to turn on where if someone wants to port to you that you can click accept or decline their porting to you.
I am also getting frustrated on a different note as well, I spent a lot of my time helping higher levels to continue to level up and make it much father into the game than myself. Now that I am trying to catch up on my questing in Avalon I am starting to find many of my "friends" not being as willing to lend a hand to help me. My current wizard I am working on is storm. Something unfortunate I discovered is storm carries a bit of luck with critical ability. One friend will practically critical every hit, and even though I crafted better gear and maintain better ideal stats for this, my critical ability with spells are less and more random. With that, I have found fighting the bosses much more difficult solo and tend to need one person with me. Lately, all these higher level wizards I helped and played with before, aren't as willing to lend a helping hand. I had to delete most of my friends who were doing the random porting into my fights so I have a more limited list. Because of this I get stuck in my quests fighting the same bosses trying to move on.
So if anyone would like to help me out, when you see me in Avalon, feel free to add me. I am always willing to lend a hand, especially to those who appreciate it and don't mind returning the favor.
Sarai GhostStalker
Transcendent Diviner
Level 79

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008