Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not getting credit for quest kills?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
So, my little Storm wiz was running around the Crystal Grove in DS today, when Milaka Jewelbender asked her to go and defeat some spiders. After the third pair (5 corrupted weavers and one shimmer widow), the quest-helper only shows as 4 of 8 spiders defeated; I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't fix it.

KI, please resolve this~ I don't want to be stuck on this quest forever! And, if this is Malistaire's idea of revenge (since I may or may not have called him a sissy the other day), tell him I'm sorry... and that Sestiva swears her Stormzilla won't eat him... honest!

If anyone else has experienced this glitch and fixed it, I'd appreciate if you could let me know how you did it. Thank you!

El Veeb/Sestiva Stormblade
master/46

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
So, my little Storm wiz was running around the Crystal Grove in DS today, when Milaka Jewelbender asked her to go and defeat some spiders. After the third pair (5 corrupted weavers and one shimmer widow), the quest-helper only shows as 4 of 8 spiders defeated; I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't fix it.

KI, please resolve this~ I don't want to be stuck on this quest forever! And, if this is Malistaire's idea of revenge (since I may or may not have called him a sissy the other day), tell him I'm sorry... and that Sestiva swears her Stormzilla won't eat him... honest!

If anyone else has experienced this glitch and fixed it, I'd appreciate if you could let me know how you did it. Thank you!
master/46
its not glitch it sometime happens. It happens because you didnt collect what you needed to collect for the quest.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
omar1112 wrote:
its not glitch it sometime happens. It happens because you didnt collect what you needed to collect for the quest.

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to reply~ unfortunately, that's not the case here. There are 2 types of quests in the Spiral:

Defeat X enemies
Collect X number of items

The quest, "Room to breathe" instructs players to kill 8 enemies~ it's not a defeat-and-collect quest, and didn't require me to find any items.

Here it is: http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Room_to_Breathe

Happy travels,
El Veeb

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:

master/46

This is not a glitch, it's one of the wonderful "collect / do not collect" quests. You must keep battling and defeating spiders until you have all 8. Good luck!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
kingurz wrote:
Only Shimmer Widows update the quest requirements.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Room_to_Breathe_(Dragonspyre)

Thank you!

Still, it seems that the other ones counted, for the first half of the quest, but not the second. Because my Storm wiz was trying to avoid same-school fights, I went for the weavers first... if only one type counts toward the quest requirement, the quest helper should indicate that, instead of leaving us to figure it out through trial and error.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
kingurz wrote:

Thank you!

Still, it seems that the other ones counted, for the first half of the quest, but not the second. Because my Storm wiz was trying to avoid same-school fights, I went for the weavers first... if only one type counts toward the quest requirement, the quest helper should indicate that, instead of leaving us to figure it out through trial and error.

I think that is the part that is glitched. It should be any spider, but for some reason only certain spiders will update.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
kingurz wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
kingurz wrote:

Thank you!

I think that is the part that is glitched. It should be any spider, but for some reason only certain spiders will update.

Oh. Well, then... LOL.
Thanks. :)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I think I remember that quest. If I'm not mistaken (and I probably am, because I frequently have 'senior moments'), I believe when Milaka gives you the quest, they tell you beat 'north' crystal spiders, or something like that.

There are the same, and different spiders for each crystal grove. On the particular quest you're working on, I think Milaka gives you a hint, but I'm not certain, as it's been a while since one of my wizards crunched those spiders.

But, then again, I could be throwing fluff into the wind, and be completely wrong.

Rowan & Brynn

"The awesomeness continues"

Survivor
Mar 01, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
omar1112 wrote:

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to reply~ unfortunately, that's not the case here. There are 2 types of quests in the Spiral:

Defeat X enemies
Collect X number of items

The quest, "Room to breathe" instructs players to kill 8 enemies~ it's not a defeat-and-collect quest, and didn't require me to find any items.

Here it is: http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Room_to_Breathe

Happy travels,
El Veeb
sorry I didnt know it was that kind of quest. I dont have a good explanation for that but I am sure it is not a glitch kingsisle probably did that as a favor. Think of it if you fight more you get the gold at the end and xp plus the drops that can be alot of $$$. think of it that way. :-) :)