Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

apologys to wiz and any others

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I have posted quiet a few things lately due to my frustrations with the way certain things have become on wiz 101 and just realized today that some of my postings sound very much like rants and some have come out rude for this i apologize . Even with things the way they are i dont plan on leaving wiz because i have faith that when they can they will look into these issues and deal with them acordingly i realize they now have two projects to work on and may be stretched thin so ill be patient sorry to those i offended its not my nature to do that

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
alex132444 wrote:
I have posted quiet a few things lately due to my frustrations with the way certain things have become on wiz 101 and just realized today that some of my postings sound very much like rants and some have come out rude for this i apologize . Even with things the way they are i dont plan on leaving wiz because i have faith that when they can they will look into these issues and deal with them acordingly i realize they now have two projects to work on and may be stretched thin so ill be patient sorry to those i offended its not my nature to do that

Don't beat yourself up brother, everyone gets upset and at times we all ahve taken things too far. Just do your best to not sweat the small things in the future.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Guys, go to this link on Central.

There are wizards trying to come up with some solutions.
This is a peaceful thread and it is a start to fixing a game we all love. This is not a debating or arguing thread. But It may help understand some of the problems we face. It is only the first of several that will be coming up, so please be patient. We are trying to work this all out.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290895

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:

This is a peaceful thread and it is a start to fixing a game we all love. This is not a debating or arguing thread. But It may help understand some of the problems we face. It is only the first of several that will be coming up, so please be patient. We are trying to work this all out.

While I support this effort, I don't see anything at the linked thread that indicates actual working toward equity between PvE and PvP. I see misty-eyed reminiscence of the old days in which self-acknowledged PvP-addicts ruminate about when their ONE wizard was a wee tyke. How will this actually help to mend the rift? Or is it just to make us feel sympathy for PvP'ers?

Hate to be suspicious, but ya know, things are not always what they seem. And Central is known to be packed full of hard core PvP players who develop strategies to spam these forums with arguments and complaints to get spells changed for their benefit. Gonna need some convincing here.

Sorry I forgot my rose-colored glasses,

Qbb

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

While I support this effort, I don't see anything at the linked thread that indicates actual working toward equity between PvE and PvP. I see misty-eyed reminiscence of the old days in which self-acknowledged PvP-addicts ruminate about when their ONE wizard was a wee tyke. How will this actually help to mend the rift? Or is it just to make us feel sympathy for PvP'ers?

Hate to be suspicious, but ya know, things are not always what they seem. And Central is known to be packed full of hard core PvP players who develop strategies to spam these forums with arguments and complaints to get spells changed for their benefit. Gonna need some convincing here.

Sorry I forgot my rose-colored glasses,

Qbb

Yes, Queenly, there is reminiscence going on there. But it is a start. For one, it lets both groups see what others have dealt with in raising their wizards. It is making players remember when we did not have the Rift we have now and making them want to get the game back to that stage. NO, it is not to make us feel sympathy fro PvPer...... There are some dedicated PvPers working on this issue as well. That is what it means to work together as a whole.

All of the nerfing could have been avoided by one thing. Putting those new spells in PvP for TEST before the new worlds went into test to the general players. If that had been done, then any adjustments that needed to be made to the new world to make it balance could have been done before test and no one would ever have known the difference.

Queenly, we have both been on the same side for several things. All I am asking now, it just give this a chance. It is a start. Where it goes from there is up to each of us to make it work. Not just a few. I want the fun and balance of the game back, it is losing that very quickly.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
All of the nerfing could have been avoided by one thing. Putting those new spells in PvP for TEST before the new worlds went into test to the general players. If that had been done, then any adjustments that needed to be made to the new world to make it balance could have been done before test and no one would ever have known the difference.

Queenly, we have both been on the same side for several things. All I am asking now, it just give this a chance. It is a start. Where it goes from there is up to each of us to make it work. Not just a few. I want the fun and balance of the game back, it is losing that very quickly.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Fallon,

We will never agree on this topic if you insist that PvP should dictate the terms of our growth in the Spiral. That's not compromise at all. What's the benefit to PvE to test all spells in PvP before we even get to see them? Why is PvP so important that those players should get a pre-test test, a great privilege that should not be bestowed simply due to preferences in game play. PvP is entirely different than PvE in so many ways, I fail to see how your suggestion would remedy anything, except to further placate the PvP crowd.

No, KI is responsible for this problem, and KI should fix it. Better testing of spells pre-release of beta, NO changes to spells after they go to the live game, and restructuring of the current PvP system will correct the problems in game mechanics AND remedy the current rift in our community.

Again, last time, I'm withdrawing from this argument, as I don't wish to alienate friends with my apparently contrary opinion.

I wrote a final post to explain my current thoughts on the subject earlier today. It was meant for Halston's Laboratory, but I haven't seen it yet.

Always your friend (but angry at the moment, as Megan has probably told you),

Qbb/Iridian