Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deer Knight

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I know that in Avalon there is a new spell that can be crafted and then learned called "Deer Knight". What lvl of crafter must you be to craft this spell and what level of wizard must you be to learn this spell once crafted?

TY

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
There is no level requirement although the giver will only appear after defeating the indigo giant within the wyrd and you also must be legendary artisan.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
By the time you get it, you have to be at least level 60 or so. (If you do no side quests, and port to a friend in the indigo giant area.)

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Not to mention by the time you can get all of the ingredients you will probably be a level 115 ... yes, I am well aware the highest limit is currently 80 :)

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
tatgrrl24 wrote:
Not to mention by the time you can get all of the ingredients you will probably be a level 115 ... yes, I am well aware the highest limit is currently 80 :)

Fun fact, someone already has crafted the spell, LOL

Survivor
Jan 12, 2012
Ronster55 wrote:
tatgrrl24 wrote:

Fun fact, someone already has crafted the spell, LOL

LOL - wish it were me - when my deer knight gets done (and I say when - not if) I'm gonna kill every last darned lost soul on unicorn way!!

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
I have seen a handful of people who have crafted the spell already I did a 4v4 with someone who had it yesterday.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
TheDarkestMask wrote:
I have seen a handful of people who have crafted the spell already I did a 4v4 with someone who had it yesterday.

Really? Was it a treasure or the actual spell? Thats quite nice to see, the animation, SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
this spell needs 2 be dropped by a rank 5 boss and FAST i am not rich to buy crowns after crowns for my lvl 20 something death wizards (which would benefit from the spell more than a high lvl would KI, duh) let us know what boss drops perm. spell please, my gosh. sry but i am very annoyed that i cant get spell

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
c21684 wrote:
this spell needs 2 be dropped by a rank 5 boss and FAST i am not rich to buy crowns after crowns for my lvl 20 something death wizards (which would benefit from the spell more than a high lvl would KI, duh) let us know what boss drops perm. spell please, my gosh. sry but i am very annoyed that i cant get spell

Sorry... I think a fair compromise with KI would be for any level to get the legendary artisan quest at any level.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
c21684 wrote:

Sorry... I think a fair compromise with KI would be for any level to get the legendary artisan quest at any level.

no cuz i wont play my deaths without the spell and crafting the spell is taking way too long on my high lvl death. this is VERY VERY unfair for KI to do to death, u freaking get pirate spell (a 5 pip spell also) at lvl 22 so freaking wake up KI and give lvl 22 deaths option to get deer knight spell too w/o having to be rich (packs), i spent way over 60,000 crowns and still didnt get the deer knight spell, and i dont wanna hear that bull "a chance at it," all deaths deserve that spell, sry but i am absolutely furious

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
c21684 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
c21684 wrote:

no cuz i wont play my deaths without the spell and crafting the spell is taking way too long on my high lvl death. this is VERY VERY unfair for KI to do to death, u freaking get pirate spell (a 5 pip spell also) at lvl 22 so freaking wake up KI and give lvl 22 deaths option to get deer knight spell too w/o having to be rich (packs), i spent way over 60,000 crowns and still didnt get the deer knight spell, and i dont wanna hear that bull "a chance at it," all deaths deserve that spell, sry but i am absolutely furious

Welcome to the world, where the rich are rewarded and the poor people struggle for items.

Now, as for crafting the spell in fact, it is easy, it just takes a while. (Amber, we're looking at you.) If you do not have the time or patience (ironically, that's what defines a Death wizard) then quit aiming for it.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I am trying to craft this spell, mainly just because I can. I don't think this will be a game changer of a spell in PvE though.
Most death wizards look to finish the fight with a drain spell, so they can leave with full health.
Bummer on missing it in the packs.
I do wish it was available at a lower level. Marleybone would be a great place to have a AoE.
pods

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
Crafting the spell is perfect and I for one am not rich. It forces us high level wizards to help others. Great marketing idea. Remember when you were poor is what I tell my high level friends. It takes time that is all. I enjoy the challenge and look forward for other spells to be offered in the future for crafting. WTG guys I like it. :D

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Hi I need help on where I go to get everything I need for making my deer knight :(. Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated Thank you to anyone who can help :D

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
williams721 wrote:
Hi I need help on where I go to get everything I need for making my deer knight :(. Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated Thank you to anyone who can help :D

Well the two limiting reagents (that is the chemist coming out) are the deer knight treasure cards and amber.
Deer knight TCs can be farmed or sniped at the bazaar (I got two just last night from the bazaar).
Amber may only be gardened or transmuted. I would try gardening. Professor Greyrose had a post about which plants drop it. I myself garden King Parsley, as it reseeds at elder and multiplies (chance for a seed at mature).
So far I have only received 1 amber from approximately 20 or so elder harvests. It is a really low drop rate, so garden on as many wizards as you can.
Good Luck!
pods