Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I get a bigger spell deck?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2011
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
flyfan3695 wrote:

Bigger Spell decks can be dropped, purchased at a deck shop where you are questing or are sold at the Bazaar in Ole Town.

I tend to go with the decks that are for my wizards school as they provide the most copies of my school spells and usually don't need much past level 45 ones as they provide 7 copies of your school spells.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
flyfan3695 wrote:

Save your gold and buy one from the Bazaar located in Olde Towne.
Deck shops are usually more expensive and drops are rare so I wouldn't count on that.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2011
I usually have two spell decks one for my school fire and the other for storm so If I have to face a fire enemy I use storm vice versa. So i keep a fire deck bigger than the storm deck. Also when new worlds open you can buy bigger ones

Eric SwiftPyre lvl 39 pyromancer 8)

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
I purchased a larger deck but I can't seem to follow the instructions in the guide or figure out for myself how to get the deck to work. Do they work together so you get the benefit of both deck's slots? Or do you have to switch back and forth? And the the big question (I am apologizing in advance if the questions are obvious and simple) How do you get them to work? Thanks

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Darlar828 wrote:
I purchased a larger deck but I can't seem to follow the instructions in the guide or figure out for myself how to get the deck to work. Do they work together so you get the benefit of both deck's slots? Or do you have to switch back and forth? And the the big question (I am apologizing in advance if the questions are obvious and simple) How do you get them to work? Thanks

Your deck like gear must be Equipped using the backpack icon while your book is open, then click on the icon for the deck and select it and on hand to equip it, you use the icon of the deck along the side of your book to access it to add your spells to it, you then page though your spells and click on the ones you want to add to the new deck - .

If you fill your sideboard with treasure cards you must take the ones out of your old deck and put them into the new one or they will be held up there, the icon for these looks like 2 gold/yellowish cards.

As suggested you can run two decks in your back pack but not at the same time - only one can be equipped to your wizard at a time. Some use one deck for mob fights and one a bit larger for boss types - you can put your regular spells in both decks with out using them up unlike treasure cards in the side board. I tend to run a generic deck of about 20 cards and fill in fights with my side board treasure cards if needed.