Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best pet for a ice wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
I wanted to know what pet (with the best stats) would be the best for a level 70 ice wizard

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
For my level 78 Ice wizard, I equipped her with a second or third generation wolfhound. He may not give added boost in the power of her spells, but he has pips o plenty and spritely. It helps that he's a storm pet and has a storm trap card since that's her secondary school.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It all depends on what talents emerge when you train your pet.

Right now, my best pet is my Ice Wyvern (level 58 pet). It gives me 5% power pip boost, 6% or 8% damage boost (I forgot which one), 108 health boost, and 'spritely'.

I also have Ice Colossus, but his talents aren't good. Arctic Ninja Pig, talents aren't good. I have others, but I forget what else I have (I have soooo many pets for different schools). I say the Ice Colossus and Arctic Ninja Pig talents are not good, because I've trained them to adult, and what 2 talents they've come up with are basically useless for my Ice wizard.

I'll take a look and see what else I have for Ice. I'm getting close to get my Mammoth pet (level 78).

So far, my Ice Wyvern beats them all.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
asianman444 wrote:
I wanted to know what pet (with the best stats) would be the best for a level 70 ice wizard

Did you get the Wyvern pet? Mine is awesome.
The new little Hollow Knight is pretty cool as well, with great talents.
Aside from those, take into consideration your secondary school if you don't like ice pets.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2011
asianman444 wrote:

I would say the ice hound dog because it gives you an attack card at epic and it is possible for it to learn spritely traps and blades

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
It depends. Any pet if you're willing to hatch a lot. I would go by the card it gives at baby if you're going to hatch.

If you want 1st gen, I'd go with an Ice school pet. They usually have ice-based talents. Ice Wyvern is a good one as other people have said. Mine didn't work as nicely as I would've liked. (MC Snow Shield, MC Ice Trap, +3% Ice Acc.) The Pet Egg is also very nice; mine gives one Blizzard card and MC Ice Trap. (Also gives Tower at Baby). The Hollow Knight is also a good choice if you want Ice Armor.

Most pets won't have great talents 1st gen, so I'd hatch with your goal talents at least once. (Mine are Spell-Proof, Spell-Defying, MC Sprite, MC Locust Swarm).

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
My best pet is an epic Forest Crawler, a hatch from Ice Wyvern and Forest Lord. At epic, she may cast spritely, ice shield, ice blade and life blade. She casts spritely on average 2-3 times during a battle, ice shield when I am fighting ice mobs, ice blade quite often and life blade even though my second school is not life. Second best is an epic Ice Wyvern that adds health and mana, may cast ice shield and may cast ice blade. If I am fighting low level mobs, I use her, because my health is so high, I don't necessarily need the spritely.

Friends have a Frost Caller which I believe is satyr hatched with colossus, correct me if I am wrong. They like that pet as well, but so far, my Forest Crawler seems to work the best for me.

Good luck!

Erin Ice Weaver, level 79 Ice Wizard, stuck in Ghost Avalon because it's impossible to solo. :D

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I had to hatch twice but am now keeping my spritely at teen Glacier Cat. He has a high pedigree and a 100% no fizzle, frost beetle at baby card and is really cute casting either.

First hatch - Forest Lord with spritely at teen, second hatch ScareCrow with spritely at teen, so he has assorted parents to say the least, training him could be a real mixed bag of talents.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
asianman444 wrote:

My best answer will be depending upon the card and pet talents your mage needs at the moment.

I have been recently reunited with my Ice Archmage after a short stint with my death mage. So I was able to check on his pet again.

He has always been with a level 68 Aqua Dragon (fm level 50s till 80) with a dragonblade card and spritely-pain giver-defy-proof pet talents. There is nothing wrong with it, actually its a pretty darn good pet with a very helpful card.

But if I haven't rechecked my mages performance I would have recommended that as an ideal pet.

My initial tweaks with him pointed to an accuracy problem, So back then, I gave him the all amazing Sidhe Staff but lost so much critical rate and block when i had to trade his best wand for it.

Sifting through his pet collection, I saw a mothballed "failed" hatch level 67 Aqua Dragon with sharp shot-spell proof-ice giver talents. I decided to check it out by running my ice mage through Mirror Lake several times. With life points nearly at 5K, i found out i dont even need it to heal me so i was happy with it barely fizzling because of the sharp shot while still giving me some damage with ice giver and at least 9 proof def.

Happy with my latest find, I decided to train him again to see his yet unknown fourth talent. Then luck struck twice when he manifested spritely at Epic! So i didn't need the sidhe staff anymore and gained back much need critical rate and block with his old wand.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that your best ice pet should help patch up the weaknesses of your mage. Its not always SPUD or SPPD talents that makes ones pet special, its how it actually solves problems for your mage.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2012
The best pet for a Trandsendent Thaumaturge would be a pet snow angel the legendary spell of all of Thaumaturgy

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
I think the most important question - is where is your gear/stats lacking?

For example- I have a Ice lvl 80 with only a 30 damage boost from my gear (no pet). So, for me a perfect pet includes either ice-giver or pain-giver (or both - ohmygosh, I would be sooo happy)

My current Snow Beast has:
Spritely
Ice Giver
Spell-Proof
Add health (ugh -this is the talent I am currently trying to bleed out.)

I have focused on getting the talents I want on either a snow beast (gives iceblade at baby) or a sporty dragon (gives balanceblade at baby) - but only because I am after the stackable blades - which really goes back to me trying to make up for my sad damage boost....

So - take a look at where you think your stats are lacking and go after those talents to improve your stats.
AND -
Don't let anyone tell you a SPUD pet is best, because for the average player, they are not! (not that they aren't helpful, but really - I need the damage boost a lot more than I need mc unicorn)

Survivor
Sep 21, 2011