Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The New School of Alchemy

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
andrie12 wrote:
This is an exiting idea! But you went a little Overboard on the Damage for the attacks! Level 5 -> 170-210 damage or something?
But all that to the side, it is a very excellent idea!

Ryan ThunderHead - Level 24 Diviner
I'd like to say that the lvl 5 myth spell (troll) does 170-210 so its kindv'e the same as myth 8)

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
This idea is awesome but it is not for the Wizard101 we have now. It can be part of an expansion for Wizard101 (updates are not the same thing if you are thinking that).

This is an excellent spell list that you came up with.

Do you think Alchemy=Unbalanced? If you think about the general idea of Alchemy, It is the creation of potions and contraptions and also the bending of matter into a different thing. In someways yes it can mean Unbalanced, but Alchemy can be an add-on to balance. Think of it as Balance being the basic building block of everything (Which it is for the spells in Wizard101) and Alchemy in a sense of 'changing things to your will.' If you don't agree with then alright. Its your decision if you are moved by this.

If it ever appears in Wizard101, then awesome! It should be a boost towards balance and balance spells should be weakened against it.

The school color is yellow or amber, am I correct? If its a school of alchemy, I think the symbol should be a Perfect star with circles at the points (different sizes), a mechanical gear, or a potion bottle (specialized, nut like the ones we click on).

I personally like the gear so I will describe the sound as a hammer hammering at an iron bar or an anvil finished off with the final casting sound of a sun spell.

If you can at least do 4 amazing more schools that aren't related to the current schools, then sir, all you need is a backdrop in time and history, a story, and an antagonist and you have a Wizard101 expansion :D.

I would love to see this idea flourish. I have been with this game when Dragonspyre was a new world, so like 4 years I'm guessing. it might not say it on my name on the top right because a hacker got on my account and had "fun" with it. I need something new T-T.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
gogogo159 wrote:
This idea is awesome but it is not for the Wizard101 we have now. It can be part of an expansion for Wizard101 (updates are not the same thing if you are thinking that).

Do you think Alchemy=Unbalanced? If you think about the general idea of Alchemy, It is the creation of potions and contraptions and also the bending of matter into a different thing. In someways yes it can mean Unbalanced, but Alchemy can be an add-on to balance. Think of it as Balance being the basic building block of everything (Which it is for the spells in Wizard101) and Alchemy in a sense of 'changing things to your will.' If you don't agree with then alright. Its your decision if you are moved by this.

If it ever appears in Wizard101, then awesome! It should be a boost towards balance and balance spells should be weakened against it.

The school color is yellow or amber, am I correct? If its a school of alchemy, I think the symbol should be a Perfect star with circles at the points (different sizes), a mechanical gear, or a potion bottle (specialized, nut like the ones we click on).

I personally like the gear so I will describe the sound as a hammer hammering at an iron bar or an anvil finished off with the final casting sound of a sun spell.

If you can at least do 4 amazing more schools that aren't related to the current schools, then sir, all you need is a backdrop in time and history, a story, and an antagonist and you have a Wizard101 expansion :D.

I would love to see this idea flourish. I have been with this game when Dragonspyre was a new world, so like 4 years I'm guessing. it might not say it on my name on the top right because a hacker got on my account and had "fun" with it. I need something new T-T.
but then how would balance boost against stuff it like never boosts against anything i think both of them should boost if alchemy comes out as a new spell

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
skywarrior342 wrote:
gogogo159 wrote:

but then how would balance boost against stuff it like never boosts against anything i think both of them should boost if alchemy comes out as a new spell

I kind of agree with you and I kind of don't. Let's think about a perfectly leveled seesaw. On both sides, think 10 pound weights on each side. Without any disturbance, balance keeps it in tact, but if you add another weight then its not balanced.

I can change my idea so that it can become either resisted, boost, or no affect. I think Alchemy should boost on Balance because in my sense, Alchemy changes things, I think I said that above when I was typing. When you change the weight on either side of a seesaw, then one side would fall and one will go up. The seesaw is not balance, therefore its weakened.

Can you see my point?

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Hello again! Sorry for keeping anyone who was waiting, waiting. And I apologize for my terrible last post. The reason:
I graduated. Yay!!!
Ok, back to W101.
I have decided due to complaints about the School of Alchemy being too overpowered, I have changed spells gained by finishing the Tutorial Quest and at level 75. Those spells were blades but due to powerful manipulation spells the school already has, it would make Alchemists needlessly overpowered. That means as of now the School of Alchemy has only one blade and one trap (which makes it unique) and therefore truly relies on its own manipulation spells and other school to be 100% efficient.
Also I had forgotten to mention that any charms or wards that are the result of Transmute, Fuse, Replicate, Clone, or Divide will turn gold, signifying how it is impossible for that same manipulation spell to be used on it again.
Edited Spells: (changed from Alloyed Blade and Composite Blade)
Finish Tutorial Quest: Divide, 0 pips, 90%@, divide 1 positive charm into 5 on target
Level 75: Alter, 2 pips, 90%@, turn 1 positive ward into a positive attack charm on target
Or
Level 75: Intensify, 4 pips, 90%@, turn the next attack spell into an A.O.E.
Minimize, 4 pips, 90%@, turn the next A.O.E. into an attack spell
Any other changes:
• Level 33 spell is Gargoyle.
• Malistaire’s Golden Cloak stats are actually:
o +330 Health
o +6% power pip chance
o +9% Universal damage
o +17% Alchemic shield
o +1 Gold Touch item card
 Gold Touch: 6 pips, 85%@, 85+585 Universal damage over 3 rounds
Added Stuff:
This is the quest for the level 48 spell Ourobos:
Moleg calls you to get your spell.
“I don’t remember how to get it though, only Father does.”
“Find him in the Labyrinth.”
You travel to the Labyrinth and find him in tower. There should be perhaps only 5 levels or so.
You got to the top and confront King Meownos (King Minos, he’s a Marleybonian cat) who had kept your teacher captive all of these years. You must defeat him in the solo dungeon.
Upon defeating him, you shall receive a knowledge crystal for the golem in order for it to remember how to get the level 48 spell and all of the future spells to teach, since Professor Day Dallas cannot come back with you.
You go back the Alchemy School and give Moleg the crystal.
“Ah, I remember!”
Get experience
“You need to defeat Draconians to collect their scales.”
Goal: Defeat 3 of Death, Life, Balance, and Fire Draconians (Well, basically 3 of every Draconian in Dragonsypre)
“Good, now you need to freeze them….”
You go to the water in the Krokosphinx, right in front of the Grand Arena.
“….and dip them in the well in the Well of Spirits…”
You go the well and dip them.
“…and purify them.”
You go to Mooshu and put them in the water surrounding Moodha (I think that’s how you spell it?).
“You can now summon your creature! Go to Firecat Alley.”
You go to Firecat Alley and at the edge facing the broken bits of land, you summon your minion.
You go back to the Alchemy School and you receive the spell and pet.
(This is just a draft. I apologize if it’s too long.)
Any more questions? YOU know what to do!
Reply,
Toodles!!!!!

P.S.
Just read the new comments, and so I think Alchemy should boost Fire, Ice, and Storm. Though it makes more sense if Balance and Alchemy boosted each other, that means that Balance must no longer boost to Myth, Life, and Death.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
Excelent, excelent, exceltent. This sounds like an incredible and very promissing school. KI really needs to add this school. You have an amazing imagination.