Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Help vonAwesome spend her training points...

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
... and win a cookie! Just kidding, since the cookies on our interwebz probably aren't tasty (darkness, despair!).

/5 am randomness.

I bought back my sorcerer's training-points today; she is level 80, and the first wizard I ever made, so it was quite painful and expensive... but I sucked it up and spent the crowns (almost 12K of them) for a do-over. I've already re-purchased my astral/solar spells and Stun Block, so I now have 27 training points and no idea what to spend them on!

Because I don't have mastery amulets (and probably never will), training off-school spells is kinda pointless- bad pun intended; never bothered with Moon spells, and I don't PvP, so Conviction and the like are not an option... anything else I should be looking into?

Thanks in advance, for any suggestions!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress & training-point hoarder.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
... and win a cookie! Just kidding, since the cookies on our interwebz probably aren't tasty (darkness, despair!).

/5 am randomness.

I bought back my sorcerer's training-points today; she is level 80, and the first wizard I ever made, so it was quite painful and expensive... but I sucked it up and spent the crowns (almost 12K of them) for a do-over. I've already re-purchased my astral/solar spells and Stun Block, so I now have 27 training points and no idea what to spend them on!

Because I don't have mastery amulets (and probably never will), training off-school spells is kinda pointless- bad pun intended; never bothered with Moon spells, and I don't PvP, so Conviction and the like are not an option... anything else I should be looking into?

El Veeb/Shadowsong

El Veeb,

I would suggest that you look into training Death to Feint and Life to Satyr. My sorceress (Level 70'ish) uses those Death traps to expand her ability to manipulate the match, and Feint is awesome with Judgement :) :) :)

Even without a Life amulet, Rowan is an excellent healer, so I keep lots of Life spells, along with Availing Hands, in her deck to help out teammates. Rowan also wears crafted Balance/Life hat, robe, and boots, and boost my heal out stats. When I do give the Life mastery amulet to Rowan, she is unstoppable 8)

Of course, my training point choices emphasize my love for Spirit Magic :) You might prefer Elemental Magic. If so, I recommend you train Fire.

Let us know what you decide to do. Have fun with those training points.

Qbb/Iridian/Rowan

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
Hmmm....this is tricky...here are a few ways you could go:

1) Train Death to Feint

2) Train Ice to Tower Shield

3) In case you didn't: Train/Re-train the bonus Sun and Star spells from Zafaria

4) Even though you've never bothered with them, some moon spells are good. Personally, I find Polymorph Treant (Life) and Polymorph Bandit (Storm) to be the most useful.

5) Train some Mutate spells? The only Balance one is Mutate Locust Swarm into Polar Swarm, which could be helpful against Balance enemies...

That's about all I've got! Hope I helped!!

- Valerian DarkBringer- Archmage Necromancer~ Legendary Artisan
- Duncan SandShard- Adept Sorcerer~ Hero of Krokotopia

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
To be honest, I'm not sure what secondary school or magic would benefit you at this time. You're an Archmage Sorcerer (that's the title, right?) who already has all the available Astral spells you plan on training for, doesn't plan on buying Mastery Amulets (and in my opinion, one of such high rank really doesn't need a secondary school especially if they don't plan on buying Mastery Amulets), and doesn't PvP. There really is nothing else to get, which kinda stinks. I know I've mentioned it plenty of times, but I really wish there was another academy that taught the Pigswick schools of magic (Ember, Chaos, Equilibrium, etc.) the way Ravenwood does. They'd offer training in mutation spells for the different schools like Thunderbird and Lifeclops. That way KI could add more mutations for schools like Balance that don't have any for some reason, and we'd have more weapons in our arsenal that could be trained with training points since they're technically not in our school.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:

/5 am randomness.

El Veeb/Shadowsong

first get fient it is very helpful plus ya get a shield on the way
then ice to tower ( very very cheap)
then get any star spells ya want
and if ya want them then moon spells
and thats about it o and life to sprite at least cause its not that bad with heal boosts

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I did the same thing with my Balance.

This is what I spent my training points on:

Trained Ice to tower shield
Sun & Star schools (only what I really wanted)
Shields for all schools from Commons trainer
Dispels for all schools from Colossus Blvd Trainer
Reshuffle from Colossus Blvd Trainer

I did not gt any transformation spells, as I thought they are basically useless for me (Moon school?).

All-in-all, I still have 5 training points left. Who knows what will come up for future worlds to spend training points on.

Soon, I will be doing the same thing with my Transcended Ice. Her second school is Death. I use the second school rarely, so it's getting time to buy back my training points and do what I did with my Balance.

Hope this helps!

:)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
VonAwesome,

Be it PvE, or PvP, I think all schools should train Death to Feint and Ice to Tower, those spells are so helpful in all areas.

The only other that I suggest, is sun to Colossal. Thats the whole ball of wax, the bundle of yarn, all you really need, anything else, is just a want!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
@QBB- thanks for the reminder, re: Feint... without it, it's quite possible I would have forgotten to buy it back. :)

That said, I really don't know if it would be worth it to train Life to Satyr. Sure, it would work nicely with my +45% to incoming heals, but wasting 4 power pips on one (my power-pip chance is 99%) doesn't really make sense, when I could just as easily pack Availing Hands (and I do, both in my regular deck and my sideboard). And you guessed correctly- Fire was my secondary, though it didn't really serve much purpose at this point. I'm full of bad puns today, apparently. :P

@Akihiro~ yes, I'm an archmage. :) And I agree with you... training the Pigswick schools would be fun, though they would have to have different spells than their Ravenwood counterparts to be worth it (I like your mutate idea). And you're right- the whole reason I bought the points back was because my secondary/tertiary (Fire and Death) spells were useless to me, at this point.

@QueQueg~ I might just go with your suggestion (the shields, especially) and keep hoarding the rest until the next world comes out. :)

@Zer85~ I like the idea of Ice to Tower as well, but wish I didn't have to buy all the stuff before it that I don't need.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this lovely, little post~ infinite cookies & hugs for all!

L.S.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Oops! I forgot to mention the train-to-Feint, as I went through my Balance spells to make my list.

I find that training the individual shields help a lot. It's hard to get Death and Life individual TC shields in the Bazaar, as they are sold out much of the time. And, to buy them from the Library is a bit expensive. The tri-shields are nice, but when you're fighting the big bosses with 10 power pips to start with, the individual shields offer more protection, and even better protection combined with the tri-shield.

As a high level wizard, the mobs/bosses cast spells from their school (as opposed to casting multiple school spells at lower levels).

I agree, no need to train Life to Satyr. With the "hands" that Balance has for healing, it's more effective and less pip cost (without an amulet). Just have a few extra TC Sprites on hand for those quick heals.

Have fun shopping! :)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Aww no cookie? anyway...
Sun to colossal
Death to feint
Ice to tower shield
Life to saytr
Then save up for earthquake.