Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Locked boxn in grand chasm

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
I am in the grand chasm and trying to find the locked box. The arrow leads me to the edge of the platform and no box to be found. The map shws that is should be close at hand but all there is is a few bosses to defeat but which dont seem to be part of the quest.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
lougal805 wrote:
I am in the grand chasm and trying to find the locked box. The arrow leads me to the edge of the platform and no box to be found. The map shws that is should be close at hand but all there is is a few bosses to defeat but which dont seem to be part of the quest.

What is the name of the quest you are working on?

There were some old problems with the quest arrow leading you to the wrong location. Maybe this will help:

The problems mentioned here are for two different quests:

1. "It's An Honor" quest - I don't think that you need to go to any vault for this one. I think that you use one of the crystal stands on the ramps behind Zanetta. The quest says:

It’s An Honor (240 gold, 2140 xp)
- Use Crystal Storage
- Use Crystal Stand
- Defeat Valerik Brightsword (storm, rank 8 boss, 5,000 hp)
- Talk to Zanetta Stormbreaker

If your quest helper is leading you somewhere else, try not to follow it. Go to the crystal storage rack down the ramps behind Zanetta. I think that Valerik Brightsword is one of the bosses on those ramps.

2. "Pick up the Spare" - this is the quest where you go back into the Upper Grand Chasm, top level on the right, last vault with a blue Crystal on the door. This quest is:

"Pick Up the Spare"
Talk to Belia Windgazer
240 gold 2140 xp
In The Grand Chasm:
Locate Empty Crystal
Tower
Level 1
Clockwork Defender
Rank 7 Storm
Level 2
Clockwork Defender
Rank 7 Storm
Level 3
Fire Avenger
Rank 8 Fire 1270
Fire Scavenger
Rank 7 Elite Fire 1265
Level 4
Collect Crystal
Talk to Zanetta Stormbreaker

Open your Quest Log file, click on the Dialogue Bubble (question mark) in the upper left corner of the quest box, and see what you are supposed to do. Was the quest from Zanetta (#1 above), or from Belia (#2 above)?

Hope this helps.

If it's for a different quest, it might help if you do a "search" at the top of this page. It might have been mentioned in another post. If not, tell us the name of the quest. Maybe we can help.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
The name of the quest is Three locked box and the quest says to complete locked box in grand chasm.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
lougal805 wrote:
The name of the quest is Three locked box and the quest says to complete locked box in grand chasm.

Okay. The fansite at wizard101central.com shows this vault:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Unused_Vault

It says that this vault is the last vault on the lower right in the Grand Chasm. When you first come down the ramp, watch for a side ramp to take you to the "lower" level. It looks like the vault has a "yellow" stone on the door.

Hope this helps.