Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hi I was hatching a pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Hi I was hatching a pet Than :( I got the worng pet I got my pet not the other I need my gold back plz give it all back. And I need the gold it took me 4 days 2 get

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Unfortunately, hatching pets does not guarantee you will get the pet you want. Sometimes you'll get the same type of pet as either of the parents, or you MAY get a hybrid.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
you must be pretty new to the game or something because its chance that decides what pet you get. from my pet hatching experiences most of the time you dont get the pet you want. my advice is to just keep going throught the story line and after you complete a street or area go to the bazaar and sell all the gear that you dont want or cant use. good luck
Connor Griffin Stalker
lvl 73 diviner

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
lvkky wrote:
Hi I was hatching a pet Than :( I got the worng pet I got my pet not the other I need my gold back plz give it all back. And I need the gold it took me 4 days 2 get

You won't be getting a refund. Hatching is all a matter of chance for the most part.
You won't get the exact pet you want every time. Either train it, sell it or let it run around your house and start saving money again.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
You must be new if you LOOK at the PETS guide and see that it say you will not ALWAYS get the PET you WANT. It is just LUCK. Not everything is FAIR. That is why they want you to READ the GUIDE BEFORE you do something you are not sure of.

Explorer
Apr 24, 2010
uh wow i thought the head hatcher told us this but you know who really listens (me :D) it's a matter or chance. You aren't going to get a refund and never will :? so all you can do is say: " Oh well at least i know this guys now and can try again." I'm a serious hatcher instead of spending my money on clothes i hatch. I have 7 sunfire foo dogs 4 death leprechaun and all my other hatches i got what i wanted. But i mean i have one adult foo dog, and out of it i got 6 more. Out of my one adult death leprechaun i got 3 more. Those are all crown items so think about the pet you got and consider that you got a new one. ( and be happy it only takes you 2 days to get the money it takes me a month ) Good luck in further hatching and your not getting your gold back sorry but your not it all chance.

From, Corwin trollleaf, Grandmaster life wizard

P.S. why do you think kingsisle is going to give you your money back? you got unlucky if kingsisle was to do that with everyone the game would be boring :?

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Hi i'm jakester12 i was hatching two of my aduld pets and when i hatch them it said that it was going to take 4 min. and 50 sec. so i waited for it to hatch and they haven't come up yet :what shoud i do

thanks jakester12

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
Guys I may be new and all but when you hatch dont you get you'r parters pet and not yours? I try again and I got a fire t-rex guy

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
lvkky wrote:

i can tell your new so listen up cause its pet101 time

when you hatch your pets with other pets it has a chance to either be the same one you put up or the partner pet
now even if you get your pet back remember its mixes the talents randomly of the 2 pets so you may have got a improved pet that was better then your origanal pet talent wise
to see what your new pet has to offer go train it

things that are fun and enjoyable are worth the time and effort

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
jakester12 wrote:
Hi i'm jakester12 i was hatching two of my aduld pets and when i hatch them it said that it was going to take 4 min. and 50 sec. so i waited for it to hatch and they haven't come up yet :what shoud i do

thanks jakester12

Hi, Jake!

Not sure this is the right spot for your question (since I'm not familiar with KI's policy on thread-hijacking), but I think you may be reading the timer incorrectly. What is the number you're seeing?

04:50:00 = 4 hours and 50 minutes
00:04:50 = 4 minutes and 50 seconds

The times are in descending order~ hours, minutes, seconds. If neither of those look right to you, and your pet still hasn't hatched, you may want to send a ticket to support.

Good luck!
El Veeb

Survivor
May 03, 2012
i agree. ok a couple of weeks ago i had an adult spirit of nature and i hatched it with a storm serpent hoping to get a hybrid. did i? nope. but i did get a storm serpent i thought it was cool. the next week i saw someone with a hydra. The hatch costed about 37,000 gold. i was ok with it provided the fact i would get atleast a hydra in return so what did i get? another spirit of nature!!!!! i was so mad. but i thought it was because the hydra was a balance school pet(and i was an ice wizard) so i thought that was why i got another spirit of nature. So today i had about 38,000 gold and i was willing to get a better outcome. i then saw someone with an ice mammoth. it was a ice pet only so i thought i would get that. i hatched it; what did i get? ANOTHER SPIRIT OF NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got so mad i lost 40,000 gold for two spirts of nature. I am so mad. i realize its about luck but the least kingsisle could do is give you the pet you hatched with someone else plz do something about it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TextTextTT wrote:
i agree. ok a couple of weeks ago i had an adult spirit of nature and i hatched it with a storm serpent hoping to get a hybrid. did i? nope. but i did get a storm serpent i thought it was cool. the next week i saw someone with a hydra. The hatch costed about 37,000 gold. i was ok with it provided the fact i would get atleast a hydra in return so what did i get? another spirit of nature!!!!! i was so mad. but i thought it was because the hydra was a balance school pet(and i was an ice wizard) so i thought that was why i got another spirit of nature. So today i had about 38,000 gold and i was willing to get a better outcome. i then saw someone with an ice mammoth. it was a ice pet only so i thought i would get that. i hatched it; what did i get? ANOTHER SPIRIT OF NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i got so mad i lost 40,000 gold for two spirts of nature. I am so mad. i realize its about luck but the least kingsisle could do is give you the pet you hatched with someone else plz do something about it.

Don't you guys get it? Hatching is random, meaning that you are /not/ guaranteed to get the pet you want. There are no guarantees in this game~ it's all luck-based, meaning that you'll win some and lose some.

The best advice I can give is to ALWAYS do your research. Not all pets have hybrids~ did you check Wiki or Central, to confirm whether or not one exists, for what you hatched? If not, that's your fault... not KI's.

Also, 40K gold for that many Spirits of Nature isn't all bad... if I recall correctly, those are expensive Crowns pets, that you just got 2 of for free; remind me why you're complaining, please?

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008