Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Guardian Spirit Changed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
K so, I'm a level 76 Life wizard and I noticed, through looking at updates and the actual spell, that Guardians Spirit has been changed. Why?

I think it was perfect before. 25% to 15%? really? I'm sorry but its a little low.
I mean, I have about lets say 4,200 health, and when I used it, with a minor boost, I only got about 1,200 back. Sure, it was helpful,but that was with 25%, now I get less. Less helpful to me, little more helpful to my opponents in pvp. But honestly, taking away what makes life, well life, is a little unfair. and I KNOW people have been complaining about it, but honestly, its what life does, heal, so they need to get over it.
But how come it was changed so low!?
I really wish it had stayed at 25% because even now when I heal friends its pretty low.
I healed a friend and the next round, they died, and their overall health was about 3,500.

I really hope, and wish KI will/would change it back, because it was some disadvantages.
and to those who complain about the advantages it brings, we're life, its what we do.

Thanks guys!
-James-

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
catsrawesome wrote:
K so, I'm a level 76 Life wizard and I noticed, through looking at updates and the actual spell, that Guardians Spirit has been changed. Why?

I think it was perfect before. 25% to 15%? really? I'm sorry but its a little low.
I mean, I have about lets say 4,200 health, and when I used it, with a minor boost, I only got about 1,200 back. Sure, it was helpful,but that was with 25%, now I get less. Less helpful to me, little more helpful to my opponents in pvp. But honestly, taking away what makes life, well life, is a little unfair. and I KNOW people have been complaining about it, but honestly, its what life does, heal, so they need to get over it.
I really wish it had stayed at 25% because even now when I heal friends its pretty low.
I healed a friend and the next round, they died, and their overall health was about 3,500.

I really hope, and wish KI will/would change it back, because it was some disadvantages.
and to those who complain about the advantages it brings, we're life, its what we do.

Thanks guys!
-James-

My main wizard is a lvl 69 Life wizard. Although, she has not yet gotten to the required level for GS, I was looking forward to getting it. I don't PvP and have heard that this spell was very useful for PvE. Myself and many others are very disappointed that GS has been rendered virtually useless now.

Unfortunately, I no longer care to push my life wizard in order to get GS. All the nerfing is getting very disheartening.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
catsrawesome wrote:

Thanks guys!
-James-

James,

All that I want to say is this,
Life, average around 4000 HP,
Heal after defeat, 600.
If using crafted rings and WW gear, the heal is 1,436 hp, not too bad.
Based on the new rings and gear in Avalon, you can get pretty close to this.

I really don't think that KI gave the extreme heals a thought when
they designed in the 25%. Once they tried out PVP with the better gear, (that many many players have), they realized it was just too high.
In many opinions, it should have been left at 25%, but locked so that it could only be used once in PVP. Idk, but even at 15%, it's the best spell in the game.

Joe.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Lion359 wrote:

James,

All that I want to say is this,
Life, average around 4000 HP,
Heal after defeat, 600.
If using crafted rings and WW gear, the heal is 1,436 hp, not too bad.
Based on the new rings and gear in Avalon, you can get pretty close to this.

I really don't think that KI gave the extreme heals a thought when
they designed in the 25%. Once they tried out PVP with the better gear, (that many many players have), they realized it was just too high.
In many opinions, it should have been left at 25%, but locked so that it could only be used once in PVP. Idk, but even at 15%, it's the best spell in the game.

Joe.

I don't think you realize just what really does go into testing. There are many staff members that test these things BEFORE it ever gets to us in test. Now, What kind of gear do you think those staff members have? Think about it!!!! They worked and played with this game for a few years before it ever went to Beta.

Do you Honestly think that every one of the millions of players has the Best gear? No, they don't.

At this point I am beginning to think it would have been better for Life to have gotten a 4 pip Aoe or even a DoT. At least this would have reduce the amount of rant discussions that have been taking place.

I wish to apologize to KI and all wizard for my part in any of those rants.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
Why doesn't KI just compromise with the players? If 25% is too high, and 15% is too low, why not meet in the middle and make Guardian Spirit restore 20% health after being defeated? Honestly, I think this could solve quite a few problems.

Just my two cents
- Valerian DarkBringer- Archmage Necromancer~ Legendary Artisan
- Duncan SandShard- Adept Sorcerer~ Hero of Krokotopia

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
I'm very unhappy with this change. I only just noticed. My friends and I are playing in Avalon. We do not PVP. They are both storm and I am Life. When I use this spell, not only do the players not get to keep their pips, blades, and shields (as they would if I heal them in the same round they are killed) but now the amount of health given back is so little as to make the spell almost useless. I realize I can boost with gear: but for that it seems like I have to sacrifice all other stats.

I would like to see this spell restored back to a more useful state. Even if the healing stays at 15%, at least make it so that it works as soon as a player is defeated, allowing them to keep their pips, etc. and continue their turn.

Honestly, I'd rather it be banned from PVP than changed in this way.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I agree. I'm sick of PvP people doing this. You should all give KI your feedback on it.