Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Arrow Confusion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
I don't know if my two cents will matter, but I hate the new quest arrow. I wish they would change it back to how it was before. Especially when in a dungeon. Every step that's completed, it hops to some random quest. I wish they'd change it back. If it's not broken don't fix it.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
I have an really irritating quest arrow problem in Krokotopia. Its deafeat.Krokomen or something and collect some thing. I'm not sure how to spell it but I do know that it is in the throne room of fire. Right after the boss battle. I am REALLY ticked off because of it. The quest arrow keeps leading me right dead center of a road and i dont know what i can do. Can some one tell me whether they have the same glitch? Or tell me how to fix it? I haven't been back there since the day it happened, but.........yeah

Caitlin StrongTalon, adept theugist. 8)

P.S. I also have this quest that says " study staff in throne room of fire. " I think. It don't know how to do it. I'm fine in grizzleheim, and wizard city, but its only Krokotopia that has he glitch. PLS TELL ME WHAT TO DO.or do you have the same quest as me and is willing to help? THX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
GrJaFr wrote:
I am having an issue with my quest arrow not working at all. It does not track my steps or point me in the right direction. It just sits there like it is frozen.

It did that to me once log off then log back on that should work

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Mine doesnt even work plz help me but on my other it works but that comptur broke help me plz :( out yo

Survivor
Jun 25, 2012
Ummmm. I don't know if this is too obvious, but there should be two options in the Options menu:

1) Quest arrow will switch to the new quest you have obtained.
2) Quest arrow will remain on your current quest until you complete it or switch it manually.

Then you go and pick what you like. Simple, right?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Survivor
Mar 23, 2012
This post isn't about the quest arrow being stuck, but rather about the arrow giving misdirection. On the quest "Trolling For A Tunic" the arrow points directly into the centre of an empty duelling ring outside the tower you're meant to enter, as opposed to the tower entrance where the quest actually takes place. Is this quest arrow destination deliberate, or was this ring previously part of the quest, but abandoned in a previous version of the quest?

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
***Update***
#1 will be changing later this week:
If you are using Quest Arrow to track a main storyline quest and accept another main storyline quest - the Quest Arrow should switch to the newly accepted quest.

We've seen a few players indicating that the Quest Arrow seems to be acting up, and selecting a quest to follow at random.

We're looking at what changed, and fixing this, but until then, please be patient with us.

How it should work is as follows:

1) If you are using Quest Arrow to track a main storyline quest and accept another main storyline quest - the Quest Arrow should not switch to the newly accepted quest.
2) If you are using Quest Arrow to track a main storyline quest and accept a side quest - the Quest Arrow should not switch to the newly accepted side quest
3) If you are using Quest Arrow to track a side quest and accept a main storyline quest - Quest Arrow will switch to point in the direction of the main storyline quest.
4) If you are using Quest Arrow to track a side quest and accept another side quest - Quest Arrow will switch to point in the direction of the newly accepted side quest.

Is this issue still open? I just ran into another problem with rule #2.

I was following a Main Quest from Assistant Danforth - "Find My Colleague" (to Talk to Robert Lancaster in the Chamber of Fire), and then I accepted a new Side Quest from him - "Tool Time" (to collect picks and shovels in the Chamber of Fire).

The quest arrow switched to the newly accepted side quest, instead of staying with the main quest, as it should.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Hi again. Since this topic is still open, I guess that KI is still working on this issue.

I was following a Main Quest - from Mindy, "Let's Make a Deal" (to talk to the Gobbler King on Colossus Blvd), and along the way I stopped and accepted a Side Quest - from Kazul, "Stop, Thief!" (to talk to Kirby Longspear). The quest arrow switched to the newly accepted Side Quest, instead of staying on the Main Quest, as it should.

At that time, I changed the quest arrow back to the Main Quest - "Let's Make a Deal", and again, I stopped and accepted another Side Quest - "Stop, Thief!" (to collect six barrels for Kirby). The quest arrow switched again to the newly accepted Side Quest, instead of staying on the Main Quest, as it should.

I did send an e-mail to support@wizard101.com, along with a DxDiag report and a Wizard Client Log file in case they need them.

Honeybee313 (and hollen1233, the account that had this problem).