Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Problem with Quest in Book Anyone Else

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem since the maintenance (SP??) was performed.

Each time I finish a quest from the main storyline, my arrow goes to the next quest waiting to be done in my book, instead of sending being placed on the quest I was just assigned to.

Example: I just received the quest Dressing the Part, but instead of the arrow leading me to the chest, it went to the quest that was below it, which is Four + 20 Blackbirds.

Hope this make sense.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sanmil0963 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem since the maintenance (SP??) was performed.

Each time I finish a quest from the main storyline, my arrow goes to the next quest waiting to be done in my book, instead of sending being placed on the quest I was just assigned to.

Example: I just received the quest Dressing the Part, but instead of the arrow leading me to the chest, it went to the quest that was below it, which is Four + 20 Blackbirds.

Hope this make sense.

Yeah, and evidently KI decided to change it. In my opinion, the "new" way is frustrating, confusing and pointless. If I accept a new quest, the quest arrow should help with that quest. period.

Defender
Mar 13, 2011
I am having the same problem. I posted a message here about it before I saw your message.

I was just doing a dungeon and every time I got a new quest in the dungeion the quest help went to one of my quests on a different world.

This may have started when KI changed the quest helper on Wizard World and Krok to not go to stay on the main quests when picking up a side quest.

This is a bit annoying, I hope they can change it.

Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
As with the third post, I also posted this before this one activated. the 24 hour posting delay is somewhat long, but at the same time, it goes to show more than one person is having the problem.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I was having the same problem and then got area closed and was not allowed to leave a tower in DragonSpry then finally ported out to someone and quit for the night. Hope it is better today. I don't like having to reset my quests all the time.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
My quest arrow has been driving me nuts.

Throughout Dun Dara and doing Gwendolyn's quests from Abbey Road, the arrow kept switching to point to Sylster Glowworm in Waterworks! Not very helpful, being directed to the wrong world entirely, is it?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
GamingDan wrote:
I am having the same problem. I posted a message here about it before I saw your message.

I was just doing a dungeon and every time I got a new quest in the dungeion the quest help went to one of my quests on a different world.

This may have started when KI changed the quest helper on Wizard World and Krok to not go to stay on the main quests when picking up a side quest.

This is a bit annoying, I hope they can change it.

This happened to me in a dungeon as well. We all know it isn't as simple as going into a dungeon and defeating Krokotep (as an example); there are several steps, ie, quests to be done prior. Did the quest arrow change to the updated quests necessary to get to the boss? No.

How is someone who has never played this game before supposed to know what to do? I mean seriously. They'll follow the arrow and won't be able to figure out why they can't get to the boss to defeat him.

BAD move, KI... no thought put into how this would affect game play at all. Please change it back!

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
sanmil0963 wrote:

Hope this make sense.

I agree, it's very annoying having to go look for my quest every single time I get one.