Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Random new character add on

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2009
I came up with this new idea. I think there should be a little summary section to go with your person. When you pull out your spell book, there's a new page where you can write about the personality if your character or the history of your character. Then when you bring up friends, you're friends can read about your person or some other interesting story your character had to tell.

Administrator
While we appreciate your input, this will not be an option. We strive to keep players safe (usually from themselves) and this would not be appropriate for our community.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
While we appreciate your input, this will not be an option. We strive to keep players safe (usually from themselves) and this would not be appropriate for our community.

"Usually from themselves"...rofl

Professor Greyrose, I begin to suspect you know something of tweens and teens.

It is such a delight for this parent to read your replies and explanations to wizards here. You affirm my own values of cybersafety, and I truly appreciate that sharing of responsibility.

Warmest Regards,

Qbb

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Personally, I think it's a great idea. Of course, my opinion probably doesn't hold much weight, as I'm an 18+ open-chat subscriber who doesn't have kids... I understand why some people (parents, namely) may not go for it, but I like the OP's suggestion, as it encourages kids (and kids at heart) to be creative.

I'm a writer- my characters all have personalities/stories; I've read enough fan-fics to know that I'm not the only one who does this, and it would be fun to share them with each other ... On that note, a few tweaks to the OP's idea:

1. The option to add a short character bio would only be available to subscribers/Crowns players verified by credit card- therefore, younger kids would have to get a parent or guardian's permission to enable it).

2. Character bios would not be exempt from the in-game filter; therefore, vulgar/abusive language and giving out any personal info would not be possible.

3. If a player is under 13 and has access to the feature, a copy of whatever s/he has written would be sent to the master email and must be approved by a parent or guardian before it can be displayed.

-

Since KI seems to be pretty firm on this sort of thing being a no-go, I won't push it. But, to our OP- hats off to you, young wizard! great suggestion, and I hope to see many more from you in the future!

Happy travels,

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress & kid at heart, who approves of creativity. :)