Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest helper has changed

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
Within the last update or two, the quest helper now auto sets on the highest level mission you have. I somehow got a mission from Dragonspire, a place i can't even access.

My highest accessible location is Mooshu. So I am completing quests in mooshu, and when I complete a quest and get a new quest from the same guy, it no longer reverts to the new quest, and thus, if I want the help, since I have gradually become accustomed tot he helper arrow in the bottom, I tend to follow it, and it wants me to go to dragonspire now.

Is there a way to fix that, so the quest it sets up is the one you just got?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sublyndis wrote:
Within the last update or two, the quest helper now auto sets on the highest level mission you have. I somehow got a mission from Dragonspire, a place i can't even access.

My highest accessible location is Mooshu. So I am completing quests in mooshu, and when I complete a quest and get a new quest from the same guy, it no longer reverts to the new quest, and thus, if I want the help, since I have gradually become accustomed tot he helper arrow in the bottom, I tend to follow it, and it wants me to go to dragonspire now.

I agree and have commented to Professor Greyrose in another post about this. This change is NOT a good one and needs to be changed back. It's absurd to accept a quest and not have the quest helper go to that quest.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
Sublyndis wrote:

I agree and have commented to Professor Greyrose in another post about this. This change is NOT a good one and needs to be changed back. It's absurd to accept a quest and not have the quest helper go to that quest.

I think your jumping the gun a little bit. The quest arrow is broken and KI is working to fix it. The current quest arrow's problems are not KI's fix. When the fixes go into place they will look like what is described at the following link. Basically, they will be fixing the quest arrow to only automatically accepts main quests, side quests will have to be added manually by going into the book.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49928.ftl

This might be KI's solution for those who keep losing their main quests (although it seems easier just to color code them).

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
kingurz wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
Sublyndis wrote:

I think your jumping the gun a little bit. The quest arrow is broken and KI is working to fix it. The current quest arrow's problems are not KI's fix. When the fixes go into place they will look like what is described at the following link. Basically, they will be fixing the quest arrow to only automatically accepts main quests, side quests will have to be added manually by going into the book.

This might be KI's solution for those who keep losing their main quests (although it seems easier just to color code them).

The new fixes are in place, as posted by Professor Greyrose and they are horrible. Go into a dungeon and see how that works. Unless you add each quest manually, all you will see is the quest arrow to the main boss. Not cool. At all. Think of new wizards and their first dungeon. Yeah, this will work great.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
Sublyndis wrote:

The new fixes are in place, as posted by Professor Greyrose and they are horrible. Go into a dungeon and see how that works. Unless you add each quest manually, all you will see is the quest arrow to the main boss. Not cool. At all. Think of new wizards and their first dungeon. Yeah, this will work great.

As stated above, the new fixes are not in place. See the following link:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/50026.ftl

Fixes to the quest helper (or changes) will be addressed later this week.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
kingurz wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
Sublyndis wrote:

As stated above, the new fixes are not in place. See the following link:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/50026.ftl

Fixes to the quest helper (or changes) will be addressed later this week.

Although slightly delayed, the quest arrow fix is on the way (in the test realm now).