Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Putting your money in your bank

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I think it would be a good idea to be able to put money in our banks. I have been trying to save up for a castle for a while, but when I see all of the money that I am carrying around, I am tempted to just go spend it. We should be able to store our money away so that we will not be tempted to buy things that we don't need.

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Hmm :? Money in your own bank is good but money in the shared bank will just cause a lot of problems (like high level characters giving "noob" characters money) However I think that we should be able to put gold - and maybe crowns - into our banks.

Jasmine IceBringer

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Yes, I do agree that being able to put money in the shared bank is a bad idea.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
think that would be a great idea. it would teach kids how to budget and save. so i really like your idea.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Maybe we could put money in a Piggy bank(mount, pet, or plain old housing item)?
Anyways, all in all a great idea. No gold/crowns in the shared banks though. There are all too many ways to pass gold from the old to the new characters.

Agreer,
Valdus Darkcaster

In all things there can be peace. Yet there are always problems

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
*gasp* It would be so cool if we could have a piggy bank! Or a piggle bank, ha ha. It could be a cute little winged piggy bank right next to our regular banks.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
i love this idea also i think the max money could be increased to 100,000,000. this might be to big but would never run out of space.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
rest wrote:
Maybe we could put money in a Piggy bank(mount, pet, or plain old housing item)?
Anyways, all in all a great idea. No gold/crowns in the shared banks though. There are all too many ways to pass gold from the old to the new characters.

Agreer,
Valdus Darkcaster

I love this idea. People could be able to buy Piggy Banks (with possibly different colors or desgisn on them?) for something small, around 500-5,000 gold each depending on the design it has, or how much it can store. I think it should be able to hold different amounts. From as small as 50,000 coins for the non-members that don't get a lot of gold, to 1,000,000 for people who never spend much until the reach high levels. This could also help people who want to save up for something really expensive. (I think the max you can hold now is 250,000, yet some things cost way more than that; crafting a spell, house, or teleporter would be some things that fall into these categories

Agreer,
Jeffrey

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i like the larger limit but i too think we should have a bank for opur money.

how about a big ninja piggy bank to hold out money?
it could hold like 150,000 gp. besides limit we can carry.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Or a hanging Piggle Bank! It hangs on the wall in mid wing flap. It would be ping except for the wings. There wouls be a cork on the bottom and a gold slot on top!

Survivor
Jan 06, 2009
i guess i don't see the difference between putting gold or items in shared bank for 'new' characters. either way you are able to pass them unlimited gold from high level characters.

as for trading crowns via shared bank, don't crowns go to the account rather than a specific character anyway? i don't buy crowns so maybe i'm wrong here.

as for the piggy bank, i think it would be a nice moneymaker for KI if they made it a crown item with no auction. allow it to be a way to expand the amount of gold a character can hold and lots of people would be very interested in buying them.

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
rest wrote:

Agreer,
Valdus Darkcaster

I love this idea. People could be able to buy Piggy Banks (with possibly different colors or desgisn on them?) for something small, around 500-5,000 gold each depending on the design it has, or how much it can store. I think it should be able to hold different amounts. From as small as 50,000 coins for the non-members that don't get a lot of gold, to 1,000,000 for people who never spend much until the reach high levels. This could also help people who want to save up for something really expensive. (I think the max you can hold now is 250,000, yet some things cost way more than that; crafting a spell, house, or teleporter would be some things that fall into these categories

Agreer,
Jeffrey

I love this idea! I think that, disign-wise, we should be able to have piggle piggy banks or ninja pigs, and we could decide the colors and patterns and stuff. And it would be cool if it were a housing item, and you caould put it anywhere. (I wish the bank were a housing item, that thing is all up in the way!) But being able to buy different sizes for different amounts of money? L-O-V-E it!

I am so happy that so many people are supporting my idea!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
I totally agree that we should be able to put money in our banks. However, I think that girls get piggle banks and boys get ninja pig banks. I also think that level 1 characters can deposit 1,000 gold and as you level up, you are able to deposit more.

Agreer,
Cole MythSword 8)

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
mckyackjg wrote:
I totally agree that we should be able to put money in our banks. However, I think that girls get piggle banks and boys get ninja pig banks. I also think that level 1 characters can deposit 1,000 gold and as you level up, you are able to deposit more.

Agreer,
Cole MythSword 8)

Why would boys get ninjas and girls get piggles? I wold rather a ninja pig. But this is a great idea because I am awful at actually saving money , so this will probably help me!
Froggurl
Destiny Ashstone

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
froggurl wrote:
mckyackjg wrote:

Agreer,
Cole MythSword 8)

Why would boys get ninjas and girls get piggles? I wold rather a ninja pig. But this is a great idea because I am awful at actually saving money , so this will probably help me!
Froggurl
Destiny Ashstone

It was an idea.

-Cole MythSword 8)

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
IKL626 wrote:
Hmm :? Money in your own bank is good but money in the shared bank will just cause a lot of problems (like high level characters giving "noob" characters money) However I think that we should be able to put gold - and maybe crowns - into our banks.

Jasmine IceBringer

I definetly agree to that! :D

-Cole MythSword 8)

Defender
May 19, 2012
I was actually surprised when I first started playing, to find you can't put money in the bank. It really does deter people from wanting to just go out and spend their gold as soon as they have it.

What I usually do in a game is bank most of the money, giving my character an 'allowance' to spend, so I am not just saving and am able to make purchases while saving at the same time. I spend the allowance usually on better gear or on leveling up crafting. Having the money in the bank helps to have the funds available when something big comes up that I may want.

I was also surprised to learn of the limited amount of gold one can have at any given time. I think being able to put funds in the bank would allow to increase this limit.

The piggy bank idea is really cute too, but why limit it to just pigs? I would love a pixie bank, hehe. I agree, this should be a house item, but I don't agree that it should be just limited to crown purchases, as that would put a limitation on your free players. I think it should be a quest reward and be completely random on what type of bank you end up getting.

I also like the idea that the amount you can save would go up according to your level. I think it should start at the current minimum, and go up 100k gold for every tenth level you get. So if you have a level 1-9 character they could only have the minimum amount, for level 10 through 19 they could have the minimum plus 100k, 20 through 29 plus 200k, etc.

If you want to do something for your crown customers, you could have an additional bonus of 100k per level if they purchase a special bank. Now as for the figure 100k, I'm just throwing that out there. It could be anything from 25k to 50k to 75k or whatever.

Honestly though, I don't see much point to even having gold in game right now. I mean, obviously you need to have some gold, but what is there to spend it on? The gear isn't that great and the crafting is very expensive considering there really isn't anything worth crafting. The stats on your crafted gear isn't very good for the level. About the only thing to spend it on is castles and housing items, but with limitations on how many items you can have in your castle, and being limited on how many castles you can have...eventually there just isn't anything else to spend the gold on anyways.

That brings up another point. Why are plants counted as two items in a house? Once that plant is put into the ground or into the pot, they should officially become a single item and not count as two. This is a real deterrent to gardening.

Another deterrent is the fact that training your pets up and gardening both use up energy, and you don't have much energy to begin with. The method for leveling up your pets is already a deterrent to me. Personally, I wish there was another way to train your pets up. The same goes for filling your mana bottles. I don't want to sit there and play some silly arcade style game to fill my mana bottles nor to train my pets. I feel if I wanted to play games, I would just play on facebook or something. I don't want to sit here and play these silly games, but I'm not given any choice in the matter. If I want mana, or an useful pet, I have to do it. I really would love to be given another option (and not to spend crowns) to do it.

If there were a quest based system that I could do with my pet to train him up, that would be awesome and so much more desirable than playing a silly game. As for filling my mana bottles, I would much rather run around catching wisps, like I do for my mana globe, than play those games. I think a mana well would be awesome. You could take your mana bottles and dip them into the well, and presto, the bottle is full. Then I could get right back to my questing again. I don't care about the silly prizes you get from the games. They aren't really worth the effort to get them anyways.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
I think there should be all kinds of piggy banks because we might have a favorite pet and I think we should be able to buy that pet as a piggy bank. Say your favorite pet is a snow serpent it would be nice to buy that as a piggy bank since it is your favorite pet. its just an idea.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
JeffreyGrueneberg wrote:
rest wrote:

Agreer,
Valdus Darkcaster

Agreer,
Jeffrey

I have to agree here. Placing gold in a piggy bank is a WONDERFUL idea. Well sometimes on my fire i do this: "Hmm i wanna hatch" *looks at gold* "Darn. Not enough" But if we had piggy banks i could say "Oh yeah, the piggy bank."

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009

Agreer,
Jeffrey

I have to agree here. Placing gold in a piggy bank is a WONDERFUL idea. Well sometimes on my fire i do this: "Hmm i wanna hatch" *looks at gold* "Darn. Not enough" But if we had piggy banks i could say "Oh yeah, the piggy bank."

I also do that as well.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2009
fiziali wrote:
I was actually surprised when I first started playing, to find you can't put money in the bank. It really does deter people from wanting to just go out and spend their gold as soon as they have it.

What I usually do in a game is bank most of the money, giving my character an 'allowance' to spend, so I am not just saving and am able to make purchases while saving at the same time. I spend the allowance usually on better gear or on leveling up crafting. Having the money in the bank helps to have the funds available when something big comes up that I may want.

I was also surprised to learn of the limited amount of gold one can have at any given time. I think being able to put funds in the bank would allow to increase this limit.

The piggy bank idea is really cute too, but why limit it to just pigs? I would love a pixie bank, hehe. I agree, this should be a house item, but I don't agree that it should be just limited to crown purchases, as that would put a limitation on your free players. I think it should be a quest reward and be completely random on what type of bank you end up getting.

I also like the idea that the amount you can save would go up according to your level. I think it should start at the current minimum, and go up 100k gold for every tenth level you get. So if you have a level 1-9 character they could only have the minimum amount, for level 10 through 19 they could have the minimum plus 100k, 20 through 29 plus 200k, etc.

If you want to do something for your crown customers, you could have an additional bonus of 100k per level if they purchase a special bank. Now as for the figure 100k, I'm just throwing that out there. It could be anything from 25k to 50k to 75k or whatever.

Honestly though, I don't see much point to even having gold in game right now. I mean, obviously you need to have some gold, but what is there to spend it on? The gear isn't that great and the crafting is very expensive considering there really isn't anything worth crafting. The stats on your crafted gear isn't very good for the level. About the only thing to spend it on is castles and housing items, but with limitations on how many items you can have in your castle, and being limited on how many castles you can have...eventually there just isn't anything else to spend the gold on anyways.

That brings up another point. Why are plants counted as two items in a house? Once that plant is put into the ground or into the pot, they should officially become a single item and not count as two. This is a real deterrent to gardening.

Another deterrent is the fact that training your pets up and gardening both use up energy, and you don't have much energy to begin with. The method for leveling up your pets is already a deterrent to me. Personally, I wish there was another way to train your pets up. The same goes for filling your mana bottles. I don't want to sit there and play some silly arcade style game to fill my mana bottles nor to train my pets. I feel if I wanted to play games, I would just play on facebook or something. I don't want to sit here and play these silly games, but I'm not given any choice in the matter. If I want mana, or an useful pet, I have to do it. I really would love to be given another option (and not to spend crowns) to do it.

If there were a quest based system that I could do with my pet to train him up, that would be awesome and so much more desirable than playing a silly game. As for filling my mana bottles, I would much rather run around catching wisps, like I do for my mana globe, than play those games. I think a mana well would be awesome. You could take your mana bottles and dip them into the well, and presto, the bottle is full. Then I could get right back to my questing again. I don't care about the silly prizes you get from the games. They aren't really worth the effort to get them anyways.

Adding on to the mana well there should also be a heath well and both be in the commens