Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-1-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
My goodness Wizards, it's June already! How did that happen? At least it means it's just about summer, which is my FAVORITE time of the year! And, it's certainly my favorite time of the week - Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, let's talk pets again in honor of <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/pet-a-palooza">Pet-a-palooza!</a> What pets have the best dances, and the best reactions when you clap for them or scold them?

Have a fiery weekend everyone!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Armiger
May 10, 2010
I love the Damp Demon's and Polar Cat's Dance, they are too cute.
Even the Emerald Cylops's dance is fun & silly.

Of the new pets, I like the Basilisk's best.

I don't like the Hound's dance, as the Heck Hound, Storm Hound, Ianthine Hound, Fierce Hound, and Ice Hound are all the same, all he does is bounce his head up and down quickly. That one is kinda boring.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
We can do what for them?
*searches the Internet to figure out how one claps in Wizard101*

Dances, those I know about, Professor Falmea.
My favorite would be the Cyclopses, as usual, although some of the hounds have very nice ones too. The Frog pet from Marleybone is another good dancer, as are the Rat Magicians. Oh yes, the Forest Lord and offspring dance quite nicely as well.

My least favorite would be either the Piggles (whose dance makes no sense to me), or the Efreet.

Of course, there are many pets which I haven't seen much of yet.

Ah! Found how to clap and scold.
All my pets so far seem to react the same to clapping; they come over to me.

Scolding, the Cyclopses (Life, Forest, Hulking, Blue) seem to be the only ones that I can identify their behavior as being chastised or sad afterwards. I'll check on the rest of my pets after the game stops losing connection on me.

Defender
May 15, 2010
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
More variants in mounts for gold purchase, there hasn't been a new sprite in 2 years. Class school brooms with class symbol/logo on front of broom? Like skull for death, troll head for myth, red dragon for fire etc... Green dragon? Zebra mount? All easily done with recycled code, no need for new sprites, just change existing ones. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
My favorite is the forest lord. When ever I see it dance i start singing Staying alive....

ellie

Hero
May 02, 2009
So far I personally like the efreet dance (he twirls his sword around a few times before pointing it outward) and its sad emote (he puts his hand on his face and shakes his head, which is pretty funny).

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
I think all the pets have really great reactions but I love the Forest Lord's dance and I love that the kraken sneezes funny. I don't know about the reaction to scolding pets, cause I love them so much why would I ever scold them?

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
My goodness Wizards, it's June already! How did that happen? At least it means it's just about summer, which is my FAVORITE time of the year! And, it's certainly my favorite time of the week - Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, let's talk pets again in honor of <a href="https://www.wizard101.com/game/pet-a-palooza">Pet-a-palooza!</a> What pets have the best dances, and the best reactions when you clap for them or scold them?

Have a fiery weekend everyone!

my answer
the giraffe has the best pet dance it just looks so cute

for the other questions idk cause i rarely clap for my pets nor do i scold them
i mean come on they dont do anything wrong

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Snake in the Basket in my personal opinion. Though I not very clear about all the dances which the pets do. Snake in the basket pops out this basket that it is in, then nods back and fourth slowly and seems to murmur something when it uses sprite. It is very cool.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jameson143 wrote:
Scarecrows and Forest Lords can dance!

OH yeah, I love the Scarecrow and Ninja pigs dances, those are awesome!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
Either the Scarecrow or the Crabling (fat crab)!

- Valerian DarkBringer- Archmage Necromancer~ Legendary Artisan
- Duncan SandShard- Adept Sorcerer~ A+ Student

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I sort of like the Stormzilla and Rain Beetle dances. I didn't notice any reactions to scolding or clapping, actually.

Explorer
Jan 31, 2011
My friend (Christo Gianthammer storm wizard) has a cloud demon and I am jealous. I clap my hands when we can literally describe his dance in words.

Shake-a-wa-wa Shake-a-wa-la

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Ok, I said my favorite was the forest lord but that was before I got the Hollow knight. I laughed so hard at his dance that I almost cried.. I havent had the heart to scold him yet, but I bet that is just as funny. Thank you KI for all the hard work!

Community Leader
My Favorite is the Kraken dance. I also like the Stormzilla, wildclaw, scarecrow and the black cat any of the cats really. I have not seen many of the newer pets though. I love how my pets come running up to me when I clap. I do not use scold . I wish we had a Sit instead of scold.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Cheryl09 wrote:
My favorite is the forest lord. When ever I see it dance i start singing Staying alive....

ellie

Hehe, I call mine "Disco Wookie"!

Qbb

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
well, i cant wait to get a school pet, I'm in the school of death, so, i can't to get the scarecrow, i like the way it drains all enemies of their health, that's awesome.

Administrator
bangoben wrote:

Also, Professor Falmea? Were you aware that when a wizard stays still for a while with an Efreet pet equipped, the pet stabs the owner in the back repeatedly?

I'm sure Efreet means well, but I'll make sure that pet is told to stop it! ::grin::.

Thanks for the feedback, the "stayin' alive" dance is one of my favorites too! New Feedback Friday shortly...

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea