Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Well, now guardian spirit is useless. Thanks.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
bionaknight wrote:
bessler wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
Let us relax a bit here, people. Let's review the facts of the problem calmly and carefully.

*As of Avalon's release, Guardian Spirit revived a player for 25% of their health.

*Critical and Healing boost could create full health revivals.

*This was a problem in both PvP and PvE. Let me finish here before you try to tell me how wrong I am!

*PvE is designed to be as strategic as PvP. Strategy isn't really required when you know you can just toss up a card whenever your health gets low. As for PvP, it could stretch matches well past the point of surrender on the opponent's side.

*With recent updates, the spell was altered to 15%. Not quite the fix I was hoping for, as just making it No Critical and reducing/removing the affect heal boost has on it would be more effective.

*I get the feeling Kingsisle designed this as Life's "Hail Mary", something like Storm's Bolts. Life wizards have taken to using it as frequently as they want in PvP. This unbalanced it. Additionally, the removal of the strategic element in PvE was an important factor. Like I said, how can there be a challenge if you know that even if you die you'll just come back?

*In my opinion, reviewing the facts, Life's card is still powerful. The only way that it could truly be a "Hail Mary", in my opinion, is give it a chance of backfiring like Insane Bolt.

Proposal: Revives to 20% upon defeat or -90% to next Healing Spell. It would be a 70-30 chance, with the majority being a successful revival.
This would decrease the card's spammability, but also give it a very good chance to successfully give you a good amount of health back.

Dont forget if mobs starting using it as a cheat, people from pve would be complaining too.

How do you see gaurdian spirit as useless? You can revive someone from the dead ahead of time! I'm a life wizard myself, and i use it constantly in group play. I use it on all my friends so, I can focus on attacking the whole battle cause I know there gonna get revived. A decent life wizard can make good use of this spell, 15% or not.
Actually, I didn't see this spell as useless. I found the alteration to it incorrect for the problem.

Wasn't talking to you, sorry.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:

I would like to suggest to travisAK to seriously take a look gear stats as he runs around the Spiral. Darthjt is correct there is a huge difference in gear between the average PvE player and a PvP player especially high ranking PvP players. My good friend in game (PvE) kept commenting on how people were dying in ZF and AV. She went on to note their gear stats and that is why. Many of my thoughts here come from our discussions. Well now a new friend (PvP Warlord) has noticed the same thing. He told me once you get to upper level PvP gear is not an issue and everybody has the best gear. Well, he has been helping my gals all over the Spiral and he is noticing the huge difference gear makes. He also is noticing how the average PvE player is suffering because of gear.

I have several accounts. I spend a lot of time questing. The gear isn't helping warlords either because I have never seen as many joining my street battles and begging for help as I have since Zafaria. A lot of players simply aren't very good at PvE, especially solo. It's not often that you face 1 vs. 2 or 3 or 4 in PvP. It's pretty common in PvE.

To the OP: PvP has had problems almost since the beginning. Chain stunning discussions dominated talk for nearly all of 2009-2010. As did TC complaints, enchanted trading card complaints, bolt spamming and smokescreen spamming. Some aspects of the game were changed as a result. Some good (stun shields), some not as good (nerfed spells). Yet the problems and complaints persist. Nothing KI does is ever going to work. The problem is not the game, it's the players. So expect to have other spells nerfed because as long as KI introduces new content, they will continue to complain. Short of a strong presence of "KI Support" badges, nothing is going to change. What's really sad is the PvP problems haven't just hurt PvE, it's also impacted PvP. There are fewer players there than there could be. A lot of players either quit PvP or the entire game because of the dynamics in arena. KI had to give up on PvP player seasons and duel the creators. These things are gone now because of the way players have chosen to conduct themselves in arena through game play and attitude.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
i notice how many ppl are making a HUGE deal over this so i think i might have came up with a semi solution First KI should put GS back to 25% for pve Then they could ban it for pvp
That way us life can have our healing spell back and pvpers dont have to worry about GS
so guys what do you think of that do you think it answers some of your pvp,pve problems :D

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
This is what I think from PVE standpoint (I still believe it is an overpowered spell in pvp). In pve, guardian spirit will save you from when you get killed by critical. Costing 5 pips, even if let's say it hasn't been nerfed, it should not really be used. You are better off shielding then blading and killing your enemies as soon as you get 8 pips.

If you used to use guardian spirit in questing, then you quest slow. The only time I see gs useful (nerfed or not) is when fighting a cheating boss. Other than that it is pretty much the same spell (in usefulness) as a bolt & scald in PVE.

I am not sure what gear you are using to quest. But it makes a huge difference in questing. I suggest a pet with some kind of a blade (dragon blade, balance blade, life blade, feint) and use an amulet that gives blade too. Since pet and amulet blades stack, then the damage output is very high - you are guaranteed to kill any monster with a colossal forest lord. This means you only have to wait 3-4 turns to kill. This way you don't have to rely on gs to save you.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
In my opinion they should not have nerfed our guardian spirit spell. I think the real reason they did it was people were angry about it being high, so they wanted to be able to bump it up (without it being to high) and put it in the hydra's hoard pack to try to provoke players into buying it. Therefore, the guardian spirit spell was lowered to make this possible.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
It is how it is! death's spell got nerfed bad juju cough cough. The storm spell from Zafaria, sirens, got nerfed. Things will be nerfed complaining about it now is useless. What's done is done. I can understand before when it was debatable to change it or not but it's over now.

Gosh I really hate auto correct sometimes sorry about the mistakes.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Lion359 wrote:
Bethysue02,

I know you are upset, but how do you think that Storm felt when they nerfed Wild bolt?
The group that plays PVP is, imo, just as much a part of the game as PVE.
Most games that have PVP find that it is critical to the game, as far as keeping players interested and staying with the game. If you take PVP players out of the game, how will you make it through dungeons without enough players in the game. The group that PVP's is critical to the game, and I don't think that players that only PVE understand that.

Not everyone in the game likes the same thing, that is why PVP is there.
PVP is extremely exciting for the players that get involved in it.
They spend extreme amounts of crowns and gold, getting reagents, crafting, etc to make their Player at the top of their game.
I expect that most PVP players spend a lot more time in the game, than any other PVE player. PVP players do the same quests that PVE players do, but then we have hundrends of hours on top of that, to get what we need.

If you can still heal for 1000 hp with Gaurdian Spirit, why would you complain?
No one else in the game can be defeated and come back and still play. All others have to wait for a heal, or flee and then come back.
What Life got was an amazing spell, even at 15%, it has a huge impact on PVP and PVE. You can place this on other players, to keep them alive with a great heal when you are defeated.
This spell, as is, is the best spell in the game, and absolutely no one can say that it's not.

Joe.

Obviously, you don't know what the spell does. 15% of ONE PLAYER'S TOTAL HEALTH. Meaning that on a storm who has low healing boosts will probably do 500 or 600. You'd be better off to just satyr. But if it was back to 25% it would probably be about 1000 on them. It was nerfed just because a few People were crying that they beat these GS people. Of course us life people have been sitting here on the forums saying to ourselves, "Well if you beat them in pvp, I don't really see the problem." Of course they needed to nerf this spell. It's what these pvp people have been preparing for their whole life. Although I do agree that they should nerf Ice's stats. It is becoming insane vs these ice. People who aren't even ice can get like 50% resistance but as KI says, ice always has to have more resist than the other schools. It sickens me how many people can't even remember the old saying, "If you can't beat them, join them!" sigh. I guess these people will just have to nerf these spells and then when they make a wizard that has those they will be like, "What? They nerfed it? Ugh! I can't believe these people!" I am sorry to say this but from now on ice should be nerfed. AND WHEN IS POISON IVY COMING OUT? :D life should get an over time spell to all next. But none to storm i have seen it go for thousands past a -70 shield :-o

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
guardian spirit is not useless you just need more bonus healing now more then ever for it to be as strong as it was i my self can get 204% in pvp now im only lvl 62 just think how much i will have when im 70 my WW life gear even though i only have boots and hat and dont yet have the robe i have 54% bonus healing in gear alone but when i get in to a battle and use my buffs

sanctuary 50%
guiding light 30
brilliant light 30%
troll ear pendant gives a upgraded guiding light for 40%
2 pieces of WW gear 54%
toltaling 204% bonus healing ill probably get a GS for 3K HP
but i wont know for sure untell i hit 75 but by then i might have better healing

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
I agree that pvp is only a small part of the game and pve is the main part. People need to think about PVE also and KI should make a separate change for it. They should leave Guardian Angel as it is for pve, but change it for pvp. They should make them separate cards, you can get them from the same quest, but one would be pve only and would be the settings before it was nerfed and also the setting in pvp where it is nerfed now.

I do agree that it was op IN pvp, but Life wizards could of benefit from it when they are doing pve and it could of helped them through Avalon.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
i disagree why should all the other schools get amazing spells but life should get left behind just because you guys dont like the way we fight?

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Sariana1337 wrote:
i disagree why should all the other schools get amazing spells but life should get left behind just because you guys dont like the way we fight?

Well said. Healing is what we are good at. If i find out who these people are and they need my help in a battle, and they need healing, I will just say, "Well aren't you the person who hates how life fights? Don't you want to destroy our way and eliminate what we're good at?" If they can't appreciate these simple things then they should just go pick another game. You said it perfectly. I couldn't have said it better myself (even though that's a very small post lol).

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
now that i think about it when i pvp i notice all the other schools stack blades
and traps to try and one shot kill me. but now that we have GS to counter that. you guys are angry because one shot KO is no longer a viable strategy. when fighting life well fix your deck and change your strategy. if any thing the amount of blades that a player can use should be limited.

no one should be getting KO in one hit every one deserves a fighting chance but based on what i see in pvp. and hear on the forums is boo hoo i cant kill life wizards in hit any more. nerf them so i can kill in one hit again KI contrary to you non life wizards think. pvp actually is not balanced and do i know how to balance pvp yes i actually do.

but im not going to wast my time doing it on the forums because believe it or not. KI actually cares more about you whiners then though's of us who want competition. i mean i have seen storm wizards do over 21000 damage seriously who has that kind of HP. not even ice has that kind of HP of course
i'm smart enough to shield and remove there blades.

and then there's the fire wizards who blade up and can do 5100 damage over 3 turns with a dragon spell. the reason KI has refused to balance pvp is because they are to lazy and in fixing pvp they would have to further limit some of the schools. mostly the damage dealing schools but i can see its not just that they are lazy.

they are also sick of hearing all you whine which is at least 50% of why they haven't balanced pvp. and if they did balance pvp then there would be so much more whining going on. and to tell the truth i think there's enough whining going on as it is. and then there's the people who would quit the game because OMG pvp is balance i cant take advantage.

of pvp any more i quit lol okay. so the best we can do is roll with the punches but here's what i find really funny. you guys complain not only about GS but also because it extends battles for hours on end. but you know what you also use life spells to heal your selves to extend the battle even further. but i thought you wanted the battle to end. oh but you do as long as you are not the one who loses the match sounds about right.

now here's the kicker its okay for you a non life wizard to use life healing spells to keep your self alive. but its not okay for a life wizard to use there own spells man talk about selfish. so as long as the odds are tipped in your favor your happy but should the scale tip in the other direction. all heck hounds break loose lol trolololol. should i continue i'm having a bit of fun with this one

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Sariana1337 wrote:
guardian spirit is not useless you just need more bonus healing now more then ever for it to be as strong as it was i my self can get 204% in pvp now im only lvl 62 just think how much i will have when im 70 my WW life gear even though i only have boots and hat and dont yet have the robe i have 54% bonus healing in gear alone but when i get in to a battle and use my buffs

sanctuary 50%
guiding light 30
brilliant light 30%
troll ear pendant gives a upgraded guiding light for 40%
2 pieces of WW gear 54%
toltaling 204% bonus healing ill probably get a GS for 3K HP
but i wont know for sure untell i hit 75 but by then i might have better healing

It isnt boosted by guiding light and brilliant light. Test things before you say them.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
AND ALSO the people who are complaining about GS are people who ARENT life and are scared it would have been used against them back at 25% when it was good enough to be called a spell. My main wizards are balance and ice, and I still think guardian spirit is a fail when I see people use it on their life wizards. I'm just trying to be fair! Let's be realistic now and admit that guardian spirit is underpowered. You know it's true, even if you wont admit it just because you arent a life wizard.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
I know you are upset, but how do you think that Storm felt when they nerfed Wild bolt?

Where the game was heading, it would be inevitable that they had to nerf it. 2 pips for 1000 damage is a lot, even for a storm. With critical, accuracy, damage boosts and enchantments a storm would hit double with critical, almost double with the damage boost, a lot more with enchantments and would hit around 60-70% of the time for ONLY 2 pips.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Bee0909 wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

Where the game was heading, it would be inevitable that they had to nerf it. 2 pips for 1000 damage is a lot, even for a storm. With critical, accuracy, damage boosts and enchantments a storm would hit double with critical, almost double with the damage boost, a lot more with enchantments and would hit around 60-70% of the time for ONLY 2 pips.

Heads up, same with lighting bats, insane bolt, so on. With 10% of accuracy, if you accuracy enchant it, it would of not been able to be enchanted, thus ending that.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I agree, guardian spirit should be removed and replaced with a card that is uselfull.

Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
now that i think about it when i pvp i notice all the other schools stack blades
and traps to try and one shot kill me. but now that we have GS to counter that. you guys are angry because one shot KO is no longer a viable strategy. when fighting life well fix your deck and change your strategy. if any thing the amount of blades that a player can use should be limited.

no one should be getting KO in one hit every one deserves a fighting chance but based on what i see in pvp. and hear on the forums is boo hoo i cant kill life wizards in hit any more. nerf them so i can kill in one hit again KI contrary to you non life wizards think. pvp actually is not balanced and do i know how to balance pvp yes i actually do.

but im not going to wast my time doing it on the forums because believe it or not. KI actually cares more about you whiners then though's of us who want competition. i mean i have seen storm wizards do over 21000 damage seriously who has that kind of HP. not even ice has that kind of HP of course
i'm smart enough to shield and remove there blades.

and then there's the fire wizards who blade up and can do 5100 damage over 3 turns with a dragon spell. the reason KI has refused to balance pvp is because they are to lazy and in fixing pvp they would have to further limit some of the schools. mostly the damage dealing schools but i can see its not just that they are lazy.

they are also sick of hearing all you whine which is at least 50% of why they haven't balanced pvp. and if they did balance pvp then there would be so much more whining going on. and to tell the truth i think there's enough whining going on as it is. and then there's the people who would quit the game because OMG pvp is balance i cant take advantage.

of pvp any more i quit lol okay. so the best we can do is roll with the punches but here's what i find really funny. you guys complain not only about GS but also because it extends battles for hours on end. but you know what you also use life spells to heal your selves to extend the battle even further. but i thought you wanted the battle to end. oh but you do as long as you are not the one who loses the match sounds about right.

now here's the kicker its okay for you a non life wizard to use life healing spells to keep your self alive. but its not okay for a life wizard to use there own spells man talk about selfish. so as long as the odds are tipped in your favor your happy but should the scale tip in the other direction. all heck hounds break loose lol trolololol. should i continue i'm having a bit of fun with this one

Wrong not all other school stacking blades especially storm they hardly blade(tempest and wild bolt spam).
If you waiting so long time to let the opponents stack all his blades and traps and do absolutely nothing to defend yourself than you deserve to get the KO hit.
In general this strategy may used against any school not only life. But according to you only life deserve to get infinite number of chances after been KO. That is very unfair and selfish thought.
Sorry but life wizard who complain about DoT spells is very ridiculous (Triage).
In general every school can make big damage, 1mil ,yes life school too.

Life school not meant to be selfish concentrating only for his own profit. Your spells meant to help others to survive hard battles while the damage dealers fighting for victory. If you don't want to cooperate saying all healing are mine spells and no other should use them, than you breaking the balance of the game. There is a reason for all schools differences there is no school that completely dominate and its cool that we can complete other weakness and help each other.
Healing is vital part of every PvE fight since the bosses may have lots of health and cheating tricks. But for PvP its not vital as long both sides will not use healing at all. That of course will be harder but very challenging. If that will apply drain life death spells will make a problem which is not easy to solve.