Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do I defeat Mika Skarka in Mooshu?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
I need to defeat Mika Skarka in the Mooshu Garden Dojo in order to get to Avalon, but I can't defeat him. I critical very few times, if at all, and my blocks don't seem to work as well. I have criticals and blocks for each school. I am a level 70 Storm School wizard named Amber Ghost Eyes. Plz help me!

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
lightningbug21 wrote:
I need to defeat Mika Skarka in the Mooshu Garden Dojo in order to get to Avalon, but I can't defeat him. I critical very few times, if at all, and my blocks don't seem to work as well. I have criticals and blocks for each school. I am a level 70 Storm School wizard named Amber Ghost Eyes. Plz help me!

wow if you can't beat him then your gonna have a very hard time in avalon.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lightningbug21 wrote:

Hey there, lightningbug21!

To cut this overgrown elephant down to size, make sure you do this:

1) Because Storm is the go-big-or-go-home school, you want to try for a one-hit kill; critical is nice, but not required. Build up a big hit by buffing yourself (your stormblade, elemental tri-blade, and Supercharge) and trapping him (Windstorm, your Storm trap, elemental tri-traps, and Feint, if you have it).

2) stack your sideboard/treasure deck with heals and Spirit Armor, as well as these TCs:

-storm trap
-stormblade
-supercharge
-balanceblade
-dragonblade
-bladestorm
-hex
-curse
-weakness
-plague
-feint (only +20 to yourself, instead of +30)
-entangle (Life dispel)
-elemental tri-traps/blades (they stack)
-steal charm
-pierce
-steal ward
-tower shield
-Life shield
-infection (trained from Mortis in Nightside- it cuts his heals in half)

4) Life Shields are available from Sabrina Greenstar, for a training point. If you don't have the points to spend, or would rather save them for something else, the TC version will serve the same purpose.

5) You have disarm and cleanse charm- make good use of them.

-

I hope this helps, at least somewhat. If you could let me know what gear you're wearing (and, therefore, what kind of boosts/block/resistance you have), we can try and recommend something for you.

Cheers, & good luck!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
lightningbug21 wrote:

1) Because Storm is the go-big-or-go-home school, you want to try for a one-hit kill; critical is nice, but not required. Build up a big hit by buffing yourself (your stormblade, elemental tri-blade, and Supercharge) and trapping him (Windstorm, your Storm trap, elemental tri-traps, and Feint, if you have it).

2) stack your sideboard/treasure deck with heals and Spirit Armor, as well as these TCs:

-storm trap
-stormblade
-supercharge
-balanceblade
-dragonblade
-bladestorm
-hex
-curse
-weakness
-plague
-entangle (Life dispel)
-steal charm
-pierce
-steal ward
-tower shield
-Life shield

4) Life Shields are available from Sabrina Greenstar, for a training point. If you don't have the points to spend, or would rather save them for something else, the TC version will serve the same purpose.

-

I hope this helps, at least somewhat. If you could let me know what gear you're wearing (and, therefore, what kind of boosts/block/resistance you have), we can try and recommend something for you.

Cheers, & good luck!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

Thanks! I never thought of some of these things.
I am wearing: Boots of the Court, Coat of Ages, Collar of the Stormzilla, Hand-Chased Box of Thunder, Horned Helm of the Mighty, Ring of Rare Origins, Staff of Solomon, Sun Kris, and my pet Stormzilla, Zeus (+4% Power Pips, May cast "Storm Trap" spell, and +4% damage).
Is this good gear to have? Or should I get other equipment? Thanks!
Amber Ghost Eyes, Level 70 Diviner

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lightningbug21 wrote:
I am wearing: Boots of the Court, Coat of Ages, Collar of the Stormzilla, Hand-Chased Box of Thunder, Horned Helm of the Mighty, Ring of Rare Origins, Staff of Solomon, Sun Kris, and my pet Stormzilla, Zeus (+4% Power Pips, May cast "Storm Trap" spell, and +4% damage).

Hi there!

Your current gear isn't bad, but one thing I noticed (and that's very important) is that you have a lot of universal stats, but no universal resistance. I also see outgoing heal boosts which, since you're Storm, you probably don't need- I imagine that you rely mostly on that Pixie from Unicorn Way a lot of the time, so an incoming heal boost makes a bit more sense.

Here are my recommendations:

Hat: Skyscream Hood (192 health, 8% universal accuracy, 21% Storm damage boost, 8% universal resistance, 80 Storm critical points, +4% to incoming heals).

Cloak: Skyscream Cape (216 health, 8% universal accuracy, 26% Storm damage boost, 12% universal resistance, 41 Storm critical points, 10 universal block points, +3% to incoming heals.)

Shoes: Skyscream Boots (90 max health, 6% universal accuracy, 20% Storm damage boost, 6% universal resistance, 17 universal block points, +5% to incoming heals).

(Note: You /will/ need to farm Waterworks for this outfit, but it far outperforms any of high-level gear. You may need to give up some of your other stats but, for universal resist and block, it's worth it... I'm more than happy to help you with this, should you need it. So let me know, and maybe we can set up a meeting time on w101 Central.)

Other stuff:

Ring of Rare Origins and Sun Kris- both good choices. My sorcerer has that ring as well, almost solely for the incoming heal boost.

Staff of Solomon is decent, but may I suggest this one:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Gar_of_Raven%27s_Anguish

or this one: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Gar_of_Winter%27s_Fang

Both of these will give you critical AND block points. As you level up, look for a staff or wand that gives you armour piercing as well (Staff of the Wildgrave, which my sorcerer received as a drop in Avalon, is a good choice).

Pets: Zeus is fine, since his stats are decent (accuracy is always a plus) and his trap will stack with yours. That said, what level is he? If he hasn't reached Epic yet, you can try for Spritely (pet may cast Sprite to heal its owner) and Spell Proof (universal resist again) bonuses by feeding him snacks and playing games that boost strength and power. It worked for me and Cookie (my little starfish), so it's definitely worth a shot... Or, if you want a different pet, try hatching Zeus with a friend who has those stats (no guarantees that it will work, but it can't hurt to try).

I hope I haven't completely confused you! If you need me to clarify anything, just ask- good luck!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
& Cookie the Starfish :)

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
lightningbug21 wrote:

Hi there!

Your current gear isn't bad, but one thing I noticed (and that's very important) is that you have a lot of universal stats, but no universal resistance. I also see outgoing heal boosts which, since you're Storm, you probably don't need- I imagine that you rely mostly on that Pixie from Unicorn Way a lot of the time, so an incoming heal boost makes a bit more sense.

Here are my recommendations:

Hat: Skyscream Hood (192 health, 8% universal accuracy, 21% Storm damage boost, 8% universal resistance, 80 Storm critical points, +4% to incoming heals).

Cloak: Skyscream Cape (216 health, 8% universal accuracy, 26% Storm damage boost, 12% universal resistance, 41 Storm critical points, 10 universal block points, +3% to incoming heals.)

Shoes: Skyscream Boots (90 max health, 6% universal accuracy, 20% Storm damage boost, 6% universal resistance, 17 universal block points, +5% to incoming heals).

(Note: You /will/ need to farm Waterworks for this outfit, but it far outperforms any of high-level gear. You may need to give up some of your other stats but, for universal resist and block, it's worth it... I'm more than happy to help you with this, should you need it. So let me know, and maybe we can set up a meeting time on w101 Central.)

Other stuff:

Ring of Rare Origins and Sun Kris- both good choices. My sorcerer has that ring as well, almost solely for the incoming heal boost.

Staff of Solomon is decent, but may I suggest this one:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Gar_of_Raven%27s_Anguish

or this one: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Gar_of_Winter%27s_Fang

Both of these will give you critical AND block points. As you level up, look for a staff or wand that gives you armour piercing as well (Staff of the Wildgrave, which my sorcerer received as a drop in Avalon, is a good choice).

Pets: Zeus is fine, since his stats are decent (accuracy is always a plus) and his trap will stack with yours. That said, what level is he? If he hasn't reached Epic yet, you can try for Spritely (pet may cast Sprite to heal its owner) and Spell Proof (universal resist again) bonuses by feeding him snacks and playing games that boost strength and power. It worked for me and Cookie (my little starfish), so it's definitely worth a shot... Or, if you want a different pet, try hatching Zeus with a friend who has those stats (no guarantees that it will work, but it can't hurt to try).

I hope I haven't completely confused you! If you need me to clarify anything, just ask- good luck!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
& Cookie the Starfish :)

Hi Shadowsong!

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try it the next time i get on. Could you help me with water works? It has been a while since I've played it.

Amber Ghost Eyes

P.S. Hi Cookie the Starfish!

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
vonawesome1 wrote:
lightningbug21 wrote:

-storm trap
-stormblade
-supercharge
-balanceblade
-dragonblade
-bladestorm
-hex
-curse
-weakness
-plague
-entangle (Life dispel)
-steal charm
-pierce
-steal ward
-tower shield
-Life shield

-

Cheers, & good luck!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

here's a little added advice, kill the minion first then you will have a better chance at beating the boss.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
lightningbug21,

I would also be more than happy to help you with Waterworks. I have an Archmage Balance and a Transcended Ice.

If vonawesome1 uses her Balance, I could use my Ice, and we could get Waterworks done easily. Besides, I still need my boots for my Ice.

:)

Rowan Dragonstrider (Balance)
Brynn Iceblade (Ice)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Yay! Looks like we have an almost-full house! Do you guys have accounts on w101 Central? Making plans to meet up in-game is slightly easier there, since posts don't require mod approval before we post.

If you don't, let me know what date/time is best for you, as well as what time-zone you're in (I'm pretty flexible, and am usually online between 3pm- midnight Atlantic time). From there, we can pick a day, time, and realm to meet up on.

Look forward to meeting you both (finally!),

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
(& Cookie says hi back!)

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
LighDealth wrote:
lightningbug21 wrote:

wow if you can't beat him then your gonna have a very hard time in avalon.
you have to get henchmens with crowns and i prefer using 60 lvls or 70 lvls than the 80 lvls

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
you have to get henchmens with crowns and i prefer using 60 lvls or 70 lvls than the 80 lvls A summary of my battle with him (on both my characters that have done it) exactly.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Warriorcatz7 wrote:
you have to get henchmens with crowns and i prefer using 60 lvls or 70 lvls than the 80 lvls A summary of my battle with him (on both my characters that have done it) exactly.

Not true~ henchmen aren't required. It was a long-ish fight, but my sorcerer took him down by herself, no henchmen or minions; it's just a matter of changing your strategy to suit the enemy you're fighting.

As I mentioned~ Amber is a Storm wiz and could /easily/ one-hit this guy, if she times things right and makes sure to keep herself healed and shielded properly.

I wish I could help with this one, too, but it's a solo dungeon~ let me know when you're down for Waterworks, and we'll get you your gear ASAP~ my name on Central is lauravblack; send me a message, and we'll definitely make plans to meet up in-game :)

In-game: Laura Shadowsong, level 80 Balance~ wears a red outfit with wings and flies a purple glider, usually on the Lincoln server (or Wraith, if that's full), and often seen hanging around Dragonspyre, usually in the Basilica... If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Good luck!
Laura VB/El Veeb.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
"Yay! Looks like we have an almost-full house! Do you guys have accounts on w101 Central? Making plans to meet up in-game is slightly easier there, since posts don't require mod approval before we post.

If you don't, let me know what date/time is best for you, as well as what time-zone you're in (I'm pretty flexible, and am usually online between 3pm- midnight Atlantic time). From there, we can pick a day, time, and realm to meet up on.

Look forward to meeting you both (finally!),

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
(& Cookie says hi back!)"

I do have an account over at Central, under the name "mrflibbles". :)

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
Warriorcatz7 wrote:

Not true~ henchmen aren't required. It was a long-ish fight, but my sorcerer took him down by herself, no henchmen or minions; it's just a matter of changing your strategy to suit the enemy you're fighting.

As I mentioned~ Amber is a Storm wiz and could /easily/ one-hit this guy, if she times things right and makes sure to keep herself healed and shielded properly.

I wish I could help with this one, too, but it's a solo dungeon~ let me know when you're down for Waterworks, and we'll get you your gear ASAP~ my name on Central is lauravblack; send me a message, and we'll definitely make plans to meet up in-game :)

In-game: Laura Shadowsong, level 80 Balance~ wears a red outfit with wings and flies a purple glider, usually on the Lincoln server (or Wraith, if that's full), and often seen hanging around Dragonspyre, usually in the Basilica... If you see me, feel free to say hi!

Good luck!
Laura VB/El Veeb.

Hi Laura VB,

Lets try to meet up this weekend sometime. If not then I'm available any day of the week between 7:00 am to 11:00 am or 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm Atlantic time.

Amber GE

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
Hi guys! I am a big fan of El Veeb, and I could help in the waterworks. I have a w101 central account (hjjhii77). In game I am a lvl 73 Myth wizard named Andrew Stormblade. I would love to meet up with you! P.S. I am almost lvl 74!

Survivor
May 27, 2011
lightningbug21 wrote:

Well if you want to defeat him fast, then load your deck with tempest and leviathan. Put a lot of colossal and gargantuan. If you can get the life mastery amulet and put a few satyrs. If you have feint, put a bunch of them. Have storm and elemental blades. In your side deck put in several dryads. Take out the minion as fast as possible with a tempest. Next, if Mika gets your health down, heal with what you can. Once you have enough health to survive even if he gets a critical, set him up for a few leviathan. Hope this helps!