Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm quitting PvP until further notice...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Well, I was in my last 4v4 today, Going second, as usual. The team I faced was a Life, Storm, Balance, Ice.

And of course the life was first, So she could earth whenever she wanted then hit the same round, (Which I did dispel her, twice; and in the same round the ice and storm cleansed her then she just earthed.) Anyways, I was on my Life, Balance, Storm & Fire, pumped and ready to do some damage. And damage is exactly not what I did, Lol.

I stacked up, a 15% infallible, a 35% Fireblade, a 35% elemental fire blade, a 25% balance blade, and I scalded. I actually did this 3 times. And 3 times, 3 horrible things happened. The FIRST time, since the life was first, Only 1 tick hit her, then she used Mass Triage, so non hit the rest of her team. (Ok what a waste that scald was) Then I tried it again, And it did eh, about 400 per tick to everyone, but the ice of course, who had a whopping 4,700 in HP. Her name was Tabitha, and you know how much damage got done to Tabitha, when it hit everyone else at 400+?

97 hit points.

97!!!!!! Not to mention the spritely that occured on her hyped up pixie which by the way used spritely AT LEAST twice every round no matter what happened. So after the first tick went by, of course everyone had -400 health, but then you add 2 spritelys, which about makes that up. So of course the life used Mass Triage, AGAIN

Another scald, thrown out the drain. Now, onto my third one, which had even more blades this time. (Plus a 20% bladestorm) What happened was, The life earthed, taking all my blades, So I was like alright thats ok I still have my aura, right? Wrong. Because then the balance, For 2 pip!!?! Took my aura away and drew 900 damage to my fire, while also attracting a unicorn to come out of her pet, and heal everyone back to full health.

Just my luck, right? Yeah, that was about the time I started thinking to myself, Lol how could this situation get any worse. OH WAIT, It did. I FIZZLED. My 3rd scald fizzled. Then of course, Since the balance only lost 1 power pip, She used nova, giving me a weakness, then the ice plagued. And my scald, yeah it ended up doing 46 damage points per tick on Tabitha. Oh wait, if it even got to her since the life used Mass Triage AGAIN.

So here I am, still struggling to make any sort of move on them, But nothings really happening. And honestly, It's boring! The whole first turn thing is just ridiculous. And I'm not complaining about the spells at all.

Think of it this way, If all these new spells we know today were put into Grandmaster PvP, It would still be fair, because back then there was no huge boost for spritely, or birth or may cast unicorn.

The problem is, its so hard to get anything done from 2nd turn when you've got the spritely just coming and coming even from just shielding, and sometimes nothing at all they will sprite & unicorn! And on top of that you have the MASS increase of health, Almost everyone except storm fire and myth have above 3,800 health now, which is INSANE.

In grandmaster PvP, everyones health was like 2,000 or lower, considering the arena gear. And that was PERFECT. And even if guardian angel was put in BACK at that time, it would only bring back hmm 800 of their health? instead of the whopping 1900 it gives back now, and IF it criticals, mostly they just gain all their health back.

On top of that, nobody can get a critical through anyways, So yeah scratch that idea. AND smokescreen? Yeah ok Sidhe Staffs, and the spritely that if anyone has noticed that spritely always works when it takes off a smokescreen?

The worst thing of all for me personally, Is just my luck. I will legit fizzle when I need that card MOST. About 10 out of the 20 matches i've lost were because of just my luck. I would Sanctuary, Birth, Doom. But then the birth would fizz, multiple times and I would look like an idiot.

again as I take myself back to my idea, I Dream about my idea, Lol. Seriously the thrill of Grandmaster PvP is so just awesome, but it's gone, and it can't come back. Unless ------

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49721.ftl

I want you guys to take a look at this idea, I'm really trying to spread it around because it's getting extremely good feedback, and I know a lot of people are stressed about pvp as much as I am.

Thanks, You can write your opinions, But I probably won't read them, Just wanted to say what I had to say.

Thanks!

@jackflame

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
While I entirely agree that PvP was much better when the level cap was Grandmaster, I think you're taking the wrong approach. If you're serious about proposing a change, be informative about how those changes would benefit the game and players. I do wish they'd prioritize something other than new worlds, and everything that comes with a new world, such as spells, level increases, gear. etc.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
They already have that, its called PvP'ing at level 50 when you reach it. To be honest PvP is an adaptable thing to me, if you can't get used to the changes you just don't belong. I have myself PvP'ed on my death since level 30 and up and even before celestia came. I still am pretty good at it and I am an overlord on my life with only 6 losses and 41 wins. And to me critical and block are not exactly considered luck, since you know you have to sacrifice their stats in order to get heal boost or damage or w.e, therefore these decisions are made before the match starts. The only dumb luck things that can happen is the order of the cards that come to your hand to me that is just dead it although turn can dramatically affect a PvP if you're a good PvP player you should know how to play from second ( this is more of a 1v1 thing cause from what I've seen in teams it is highly turn based ). I've won plenty of times from second and from first its just all about preparation.

~TheDarkestMask

Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
Yikes! Lol! Try mimicking there moves with a new team... Idk. That what I would do. Sorry, I got nothing!!

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
It just means that they have good strategy. nothing is wrong. if you do not like the way they made pvp don't play pvp at all. in fact, quit wizard101. we don't need whiners like you.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
TheDarkestMask wrote:
They already have that, its called PvP'ing at level 50 when you reach it. To be honest PvP is an adaptable thing to me, if you can't get used to the changes you just don't belong. I have myself PvP'ed on my death since level 30 and up and even before celestia came. I still am pretty good at it and I am an overlord on my life with only 6 losses and 41 wins. And to me critical and block are not exactly considered luck, since you know you have to sacrifice their stats in order to get heal boost or damage or w.e, therefore these decisions are made before the match starts. The only dumb luck things that can happen is the order of the cards that come to your hand to me that is just dead it although turn can dramatically affect a PvP if you're a good PvP player you should know how to play from second ( this is more of a 1v1 thing cause from what I've seen in teams it is highly turn based ). I've won plenty of times from second and from first its just all about preparation.

~TheDarkestMask

This only works in 1v1. In 1v1 you do have a chance of winning going second though not very high.

To the original poster I would like to say that 4v4 is the biggest mess that came to wizard101. I have not once had a match that was good in 4v4. I have gone first and still hated the match. 4v4 is just a bunch of spamming not to mention life and ice dominate it right now since ice has the resist to handle any storm or fire and life has rebirth, mass triage and earth saying they get a mastery.

I only do 3v3 and less due to how bad 4v4 has become. It's way too turn biased plus all there is is just a bunch of spamming, whether it be plague, smoke screen, unicorn, or earth.

Also you reminded me that the pets just go nuts in 4v4, and usually it's just for one team not both. -.-