Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

using level 1 wizards to avoid banning?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
it amazes me how people are now making level 1 wizards to harrass and us profanity in the commons to circumvent the banning of they're higher level wizards? I say if your going to do these things then be man or woman enough to deal with the consiquences. I for one hope KI bans that entire account that would make a diference!

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
alex132444 wrote:
it amazes me how people are now making level 1 wizards to harrass and us profanity in the commons to circumvent the banning of they're higher level wizards? I say if your going to do these things then be man or woman enough to deal with the consiquences. I for one hope KI bans that entire account that would make a diference!

Well Banning the accounts won't make a difference only because you can create a account for free....

i'm sure that these people are using fake email's which you can create millions of to create fake free accounts to do this things you speak of....

Thanks For Reading....

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
alex132444 wrote:

Usually, the entire account does receive the sanction. However, the level 1 problem is because they are creating separate free accounts.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
alex132444 wrote:

Agreed! :-)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
The other day, there were two people in the Commons that were using the worst profanity I'd every heard. It was humiliating, degrading, and racist.

When I politely asked them to stop using bad language, the two, plus their friends ganged up on me. Now, I didn't mind, as I'm an older adult and did not fall for the bullying tactics, so I just stood there. Of course, one cussed me out because I was not showing a "KI badge". Doesn't matter. Any responsible person should do something, while trying to be polite and respectful (and not get yourself into trouble).

They finally changed realms. I went back through the conversations, and OMG, I couldn't believe some of the stuff that was said. Now, when you're just looking at the conversation bubbles, several can get piled on top of another, obscuring some. When I saw what these two said, I immediately reported them. I really hope their accounts get banned. One of the two 'kids' said he just got off a 2-day suspension, and "he didn't need this", that he liked the fact he had an attitude. Uh, dude? If you get in trouble, it's your own fault, no one else's.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
alex132444 wrote:
They do ban the entire account. Either the people with the level 1 wizards have no idea what the term "ban" means, or they're just really mean Novice players.

Historian
May 15, 2009
eventually they will,if players have a history of mouthing off to others they may take a look at the other characters and decided to give it a ban for the next 200 years xD

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
KI can actually ban an IP address. If these players are using the same computer or IP address to created these wizards, then KI does have that option. Regardless of their email whether it is real or faked. Those players may be in for a "rude awakening".

Survivor
May 21, 2012
a way to ban their IP would be better, then it wouldn't matter how many free accounts they make, and not many people would go through the hassle of setting up proxies just to get around it.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I wonder why these kind of people even exist in this game, it's like their only purpose in life is to ruin everyone elses .

Administrator
Don't worry young Wizards, we can not only detect this behavior but we can, and do sanction for it.

We appreciate that everyone is taking an active part in keeping the Spiral safe for all our young players.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 30, 2012
I think there should be more staff or support players/wizards. In game, Specially in the commons. This way monitoring can be seen happening, make other honorable, and decent players more comfy secure, and it will stop alot of the funny business. Just a suggestion, But I think alot of devouted players would liek to see this come into play. A lot of the behavior going on is enough to make some of the most patient and tolerant quit the game. Not to mention if a parent walks by their kid or kids playing wiz and catches a glimpse of the kind of talk and behavoir that has been going on, it seems to have just gotten worse with-in the past week, very suddenly and unexpected.
:| Plus I am still convienced, that there are players using bad software, or cheating some how. With some of the stuff I see happen, or the conversations I happen to walk by on.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

I came across recently, some foul behavior and languge in the pet pavillion with one of my wizards. Seems they're multiplying and spreading to other areas in WC.