Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

behavior in the pvp world

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
alex132444 wrote:
with all the rudness,whinning and constant complaints I'm surprised pvp is still on this game. I personaly have never seen such nastyness directed at so many as i have in this part of the game and think it promotes poor sportsmanship i for one will not pvp due to this.

player vs player should not be removed its one way we practice fighting hard monsters like Malstare who is with me

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
After retreading some of these comments and reading some new ones I just have one question: why does getting called out for being a noob or getting sworn at bother you so? You'd think that some people would have grown a thicker skin by then. If you're getting sworn to around the filters then again I don't see a cause to freak out. Myself being a teen I was never bothered when I was around 13 about being sworn at or called out especially on the Internet by some lonely stranger. Noob has always been a compliment to me since my brain automatically translates it into "Hey you one because I had no skills to stop you or a relevant comeback!"

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
benjapoof321 wrote:
I got reported for winning a match.

I have, many times as well.

Jasmine FireBlade, lvl 80 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem, lvl 70 thaumaturge

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I tried PvP and did not like the tendency towards poor sportsmanship and rudeness I saw there. The nice people I met in PvE seemed the exception in PvP. Yes it is my choice not to do PvP, but it has not kept PvP from harming my PvE play. I finally got my Frost Giant spell, and what happens, PvP complainers resulted in 2 stun blocks being applied, making my spell much less useful in PvE. I'm glad the block was cut to just one, but still not that happy. I bought recipes for Moon spell cards to craft, trade and sell at the bazaar, again PvP complaints rendered them No Trade. I was crafting the amulet of the Seven Seas for my craft quest. Due to PvP complaints about astral spells, the archivist stopped selling them for a while. That led many of us crafters to have to craft all the Treant Transform cards, before we could craft our amulets, using up the same ingredients we needed for the amulet. ( How about a special badge for those who did the extra crafting? DIY Crafter!)
There are many of us who never pvp, Lion, and we still farm, craft and look for good gear, hatch and pet train to Epic. Some people build amazing structures at their house, garden, decorate, and help lower wizards on quests. This game has grown, and it is far from only being about PvP.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Lucario450 wrote:
After retreading some of these comments and reading some new ones I just have one question: why does getting called out for being a noob or getting sworn at bother you so? You'd think that some people would have grown a thicker skin by then. If you're getting sworn to around the filters then again I don't see a cause to freak out. Myself being a teen I was never bothered when I was around 13 about being sworn at or called out especially on the Internet by some lonely stranger. Noob has always been a compliment to me since my brain automatically translates it into "Hey you one because I had no skills to stop you or a relevant comeback!"

Thats wonderful to know, however whether it bothers you or not does not make it ok. KI doesn't tolerate it, and i cant blame them after seeing what happened to some other MMO games

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
thejordanator wrote:
Lucario450 wrote:

Thats wonderful to know, however whether it bothers you or not does not make it ok. KI doesn't tolerate it, and i cant blame them after seeing what happened to some other MMO games
It's not that it just doesn't bother me I was asking why it bothers other people. With all of the other flaws in game, KI's first concern shouln't be a few foulmouthed wizards. Harassment is one thing but the occasional playful swear isn't much to be bothered by.