Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mana Burn update

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
when my side is going first in a battle and i use mana burn to get rid of someones pips if they selected spell on same turn that i use mana burn they spell works with them not having the necessary amount of pips to cast spells it should be canceling they spells. It just isnt right they get to casts spells with less pips then are needed to cast spells.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
You also need to understand that this prevents mana burn from becoming some sort of universal dispel. If it did became the way you wanted it to be there is no way anyone could build up enough damage to kill a balance unless they use 4 pip spell spam. The spell is fine the way it is now, all you gotta do is use it before they attack and then they won't have enough pips to attack therefore delaying it, so just time it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
maestrochelo wrote:
when my side is going first in a battle and i use mana burn to get rid of someones pips if they selected spell on same turn that i use mana burn they spell works with them not having the necessary amount of pips to cast spells it should be canceling they spells. It just isnt right they get to casts spells with less pips then are needed to cast spells.

It's a known fact that Mana Burn is broken- it's a free cast for the opponent, which is annoying and can make or break a battle. I saw on another board (I forget which one) that KI is aware of this and plans to fix it, but haven't heard anything else- I'm sure we'll be advised if and when they make the changes.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
maestrochelo wrote:

It's a known fact that Mana Burn is broken- it's a free cast for the opponent, which is annoying and can make or break a battle. I saw on another board (I forget which one) that KI is aware of this and plans to fix it, but haven't heard anything else- I'm sure we'll be advised if and when they make the changes.

If your thinking of when it was in test and was 0 pips, then they've already made it 5 now its not a free cast.