Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership Perks

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
Crowns Allotment: I disagree. This would choke off some income. If Kingsisle loses money, we lose updates and patches.That's my opinion.

According to several heavy-weight mmorpg's who have tried this,<DDO being a perfect example> Ki would make more money,not less. It's called an incentive.

First off, Wizard101 is NOT a heavy-weight mmorpg. It is a light-weight game designed for KIDS ergo E10+. I do wish players would quit trying to get this game turned into an adult game. There are too many kids that play and many that are leaving because of things that are becoming more adult oriented. Those kids and their parents are not happy about this turn in the game. There are grandparents feeling the same way.

I don't agree with any of the ideas you have listed and as a paying member, and as has already been stated, we do get certain perks.

Crowns allotments? No. Bionaknight is right, KI would lose money.

@phreshkidd1, the yearly sub you are referring to that does have crowns with it is a "Special" that KI has periodically. Yes, it does have a few crowns but, not everyone can do that. Many players have had to change their subs to monthly because the economy no longer allows them to just be able to Pay for a year in one shot. Myself, I don't buy that particular sub and have not intentions of doing so.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
Crowns allotments? No. Bionaknight is right, KI would lose money.

The evidence overwhelmingly says you both are wrong. You are certainly entitled to your opinions,but they are not based on any substance or facts.To present your opinions as facts,suggests a poor understanding of the issue. I suggest doing some research before you post,as I have done. I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me, but at least be able to defend your opinions with examples and evidence. "Blind opinions" as they are oft called,carry no weight,and usually only serve to discredit the one who uses them.

** a small footnote- This was not an attack on either of you. It was simply to inform you of weakness in your argument,logic,evidence,etc.

Defender
May 21, 2011
bionaknight wrote:
sydneypixie wrote:
phreshkidd1 wrote:
The small amount of crowns a month is a BIG amount of real money to Kingsisle! There are thousands of players playing with a monthly membership and if they got 100 crowns for free every month, Kingsisle loses THOUSANDS of dollars.

You do realize that different memberships give you different benefits right?

If you pay for a year membership sure you get crowns but if you pay for a month the small amount of crowns, won't happen. *Now if you buy a monthly membership 12 times a year you would be paying roughly the same or a little more than a yearly payer.*

You must not be a yearly member since they DO get a monthley allowence of crowns. The way I see it why don't you stop complaining about it and get a yearly membership? If you can't then there you have it. No.

i think it should be, like crowns, only for either, yearly or the forever ones, where you have i think seven australian dollars a month or a week, something like that, and a very small amount like 50 crowns
The amount doesn't matter. Free Crowns could ruin Kingsisle, and we wouldn't get any new content. Think about it.

well, it really depends do they have too pay the computer to add something? it would be more that the people who work for KI might leave beause of pay rate, but i doubt that. and they would probs change the amount of crowns like everyday. they probably have spare money anyway.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
phreshkidd1 wrote:

You must not be a yearly member since they DO get a monthley allowence of crowns. The way I see it why don't you stop complaining about it and get a yearly membership? If you can't then there you have it. No.

Yearly members do not get a monthly allowence of crowns.