Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Membership Perks

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Paying members are overdue for some much needed perks. Right now there is very little incentive for becoming a member. Just buying the areas seems like a much better option,unless more perks are added. Here are just a few suggestions:

1) Member Realms- Have realms that only members can go to. These areas should offer more quests,and perks,and unique loot that non-members can't access.
2) Crowns Allotment- Members should get a small crowns allotment every month. This would encourage more to become members!
3) Rude Players- While no area is exempt from rude people,those who pay would be less likely to face disruptions in a member only realm.

There are lots of reasons to add "member only perks",and KI would make more money if they did.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
While I agree that it would be nice for members only perks to get an update over those currently given, I would have to disagree with your item 3. Rude people are everywhere. Members only realms is no protection from this.

How about this for a members perk? A member gets one free "Pet Talent Crystal Ball" viewing per wizard per week. This would allow you to know what talents your pet is going to get before you train it. So for 6 wizards you could ID the talents of 6 pets a week to help us know what to train. I would think that would guarantee a boost to the membership roles.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
Paying members are overdue for some much needed perks. Right now there is very little incentive for becoming a member. Just buying the areas seems like a much better option,unless more perks are added. Here are just a few suggestions:

1) Member Realms- Have realms that only members can go to. These areas should offer more quests,and perks,and unique loot that non-members can't access.
2) Crowns Allotment- Members should get a small crowns allotment every month. This would encourage more to become members!
3) Rude Players- While no area is exempt from rude people,those who pay would be less likely to face disruptions in a member only realm.

There are lots of reasons to add "member only perks",and KI would make more money if they did.
First, in all fairness, we do have perks: Increased Backpack and Friend List sizes, free Ranked PvP and Derby, instant access to all worlds and zones, etc, etc, etc.

Now,
Member Only Realms: Your first idea was interesting-until you stated the quests and loot. This could unbalance the game PvP-wise. Let members level faster then we already do. If it were just a Realm as in Realm Greyrose or Realm Wu, maybe that would be nice, but no side effects.

Crowns Allotment: I disagree. This would choke off some income. If Kingsisle loses money, we lose updates and patches.

Rude People: I would absolutely love to see a Realm with no rude people. There will always be that rude, paying member. And, though I hate to say it, they have as much right to play this game as we do, provided they don't swear or use inappropriate behavior and such like that.

That's my opinion.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Crowns Allotment: I disagree. This would choke off some income. If Kingsisle loses money, we lose updates and patches.That's my opinion.

According to several heavy-weight mmorpg's who have tried this,<DDO being a perfect example> Ki would make more money,not less. It's called an incentive.

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

First, in all fairness, we do have perks: Increased Backpack and Friend List sizes, free Ranked PvP and Derby, instant access to all worlds and zones, etc, etc, etc.

Now,
Member Only Realms: Your first idea was interesting-until you stated the quests and loot. This could unbalance the game PvP-wise. Let members level faster then we already do. If it were just a Realm as in Realm Greyrose or Realm Wu, maybe that would be nice, but no side effects.

Crowns Allotment: I disagree. This would choke off some income. If Kingsisle loses money, we lose updates and patches.

Rude People: I would absolutely love to see a Realm with no rude people. There will always be that rude, paying member. And, though I hate to say it, they have as much right to play this game as we do, provided they don't swear or use inappropriate behavior and such like that.

That's my opinion.

How could unique loot unbalance pvp! Crowns players get all the unique gear from just buying the packs! And, in advance, the packs give lots of gear, and their cheap!

As for the crowns, maybe he meant the small amount of crowns, like 100 a month?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Another good perk would be to let members purchase crown items at a discount over non-members. A savings of say 25-50 percent perhaps?

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
The small amount of crowns a month is a BIG amount of real money to Kingsisle! There are thousands of players playing with a monthly membership and if they got 100 crowns for free every month, Kingsisle loses THOUSANDS of dollars.

You do realize that different memberships give you different benefits right?

If you pay for a year membership sure you get crowns but if you pay for a month the small amount of crowns, won't happen. *Now if you buy a monthly membership 12 times a year you would be paying roughly the same or a little more than a yearly payer.*

You must not be a yearly member since they DO get a monthley allowence of crowns. The way I see it why don't you stop complaining about it and get a yearly membership? If you can't then there you have it. No.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
advtech wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:

Now,

That's my opinion.

How could unique loot unbalance pvp! Crowns players get all the unique gear from just buying the packs! And, in advance, the packs give lots of gear, and their cheap!

As for the crowns, maybe he meant the small amount of crowns, like 100 a month?
First of all, most Crowns gear isn't good for PvP. The Raven wands are a unique exception, but vry rarely does a player own one. Unique items to members could cause problems with non-members, and unbalance PvP (example: One Wizard has an extra 10 Resist from Member loot, while another doesn't). Could be viewed as favoritism. But even Crowns items can be used by non-members.
As for the Crowns income, it would still be a problem. People could save up instead of giving KI it's well-deserved money.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
phreshkidd1 wrote:
The small amount of crowns a month is a BIG amount of real money to Kingsisle! There are thousands of players playing with a monthly membership and if they got 100 crowns for free every month, Kingsisle loses THOUSANDS of dollars.

If you pay for a year membership sure you get crowns but if you pay for a month the small amount of crowns, won't happen. *Now if you buy a monthly membership 12 times a year you would be paying roughly the same or a little more than a yearly payer.*

You must not be a yearly member since they DO get a monthley allowence of crowns. The way I see it why don't you stop complaining about it and get a yearly membership? If you can't then there you have it. No.

I am a yearly member,and it sounds like you didn't read or understand my post. I suggest you read it again, because most of what you said is incorrect.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:

Yeah, I agree with this.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
As for the Crowns income, it would still be a problem. People could save up instead of giving KI it's well-deserved money.

As I stated, games that have tried this have seen an influx in sales,not the reverse. By giving a small allotment, you stimulate desire,and give incentives for becoming a member,which increases sales. To simplify it,KI would make more money,not less.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
bionaknight wrote:

As I stated, games that have tried this have seen an influx in sales,not the reverse. By giving a small allotment, you stimulate desire,and give incentives for becoming a member,which increases sales. To simplify it,KI would make more money,not less.
They would probably be losing it to more savvy players. Maybe some would be enticed, but not all. Right now, Crowns items seem to be bringing in plenty of money.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
phreshkidd1 wrote:

For the monthly we only get 50 crowns a monther rather than 100 but we do pay more than anyone, we pay the most. So yeah. Respect us, please.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
How about multiple-stitchings for a membership perk? Right now we can stitch any look onto an item,but what if members could have multiple stitches for looks onto an item,so we could change back and forth as we desire. Something around 5 stitches per armor or such?

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
i majorly agree, i spend almost 100 if not more a year on this so i say we get more perks or i might quit and me quitting is 100 less dollars to KI and a whole 3 years (300 dollars) wasted so i say at least some special member only world

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I agree with having a member only realm or two... that would be nice. Or maybe separate the different chat types (or at least have it an option).... maybe muted players could have their own realm or two as well. BUT I guess that would be too much.

We pay per year and honestly never thought about any perks, free crowns would be cool, even if just the 75 base crowns per month.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
jennm2203 wrote:
I agree with having a member only realm or two... that would be nice. Or maybe separate the different chat types (or at least have it an option).... maybe muted players could have their own realm or two as well. BUT I guess that would be too much.

We pay per year and honestly never thought about any perks, free crowns would be cool, even if just the 75 base crowns per month.

You still don't quite understand. People would save up this money until they could afford a Mount or a Wand or a Hoard Pack, and then Kingsisle would not have any players buying Crowns for those items.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
You still don't quite understand. People would save up this money until they could afford a Mount or a Wand or a Hoard Pack, and then Kingsisle would not have any players buying Crowns for those items.

I don't think you understand. The evidence supports that sales <crowns sales> increase where this has been tried,not the reverse. This was the main reason that DDO began to prosper again after it tanked. Adding membership perks like this,and others,is never a bad idea. :D

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Aritako wrote:
While I agree that it would be nice for members only perks to get an update over those currently given, I would have to disagree with your item 3. Rude people are everywhere. Members only realms is no protection from this.

How about this for a members perk? A member gets one free "Pet Talent Crystal Ball" viewing per wizard per week. This would allow you to know what talents your pet is going to get before you train it. So for 6 wizards you could ID the talents of 6 pets a week to help us know what to train. I would think that would guarantee a boost to the membership roles.

I am a paying member, but i am considering crowns more and more every day because all the good items are sold by crowns and when you buy with crowns they are permanent. But i would definitly buy a membership if it had the perk you suggested and the first two.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010

Would it kill them if it was only 100 crowns monthly? Meaning you have to wait 32 days from the moment you activate your subscription to get 100 crowns. When you could get 25 times that for 5 dollars. So no, it would not even dent or scratch KI's income. (IF IT WAS ONLY 100-200 CROWNS MONTHLY)

Defender
Jan 08, 2010

I disagree and agree with you. The packs are cheap indeed. but they are not always a sure bet for getting the gear. And also, it could unbalance it because the members could just farm and get the special gear for memebers in those zones for free. But it would not unbalance it because the new gear would only be the same if not similar to the crowns gear. Therefore there is balance once more.

Defender
May 21, 2011
phreshkidd1 wrote:

i think it should be, like crowns, only for either, yearly or the forever ones, where you have i think seven australian dollars a month or a week, something like that, and a very small amount like 50 crowns

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Fact: everyone here is a member, and they have the money to become a member, but they have never looked at it that maybe people still just cant afford it. Sometimes even for good things you gotta look at it on the other side.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
sydneypixie wrote:
phreshkidd1 wrote:

i think it should be, like crowns, only for either, yearly or the forever ones, where you have i think seven australian dollars a month or a week, something like that, and a very small amount like 50 crowns
The amount doesn't matter. Free Crowns could ruin Kingsisle, and we wouldn't get any new content. Think about it.