Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hydra, Spectral Blast, and Chimera question:

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
Do these spells benefit from Balance's damage boost? I'm not referring to the blades and traps, such as Balance Blade or Hex. I'm referring to the passive damage boost that is determined by wands, robes, pets, etc. They're all Balance spells, but they do elemental or spiritual damage, not Balance. I've decided to "main" a Balance wiz' after a long, and much-needed, break from 101. Any clarification on this would be great.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Cedrien wrote:
Do these spells benefit from Balance's damage boost? I'm not referring to the blades and traps, such as Balance Blade or Hex. I'm referring to the passive damage boost that is determined by wands, robes, pets, etc. They're all Balance spells, but they do elemental or spiritual damage, not Balance. I've decided to "main" a Balance wiz' after a long, and much-needed, break from 101. Any clarification on this would be great.

Yes.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Absolutely!

Anything that has the balance symbol on the upper right of the card will use the Balance damage boost you get from gear.

Right now, my Archmage Balance has a damage boost of 70%, which is really great. Gear, along with athames, rings, and my Chimera pet, made it this high.

Now, when using Spectral Blast, Hydra & Chimera, along with the elemental/spiritual blades & the 25% balance blade, I can do some serious damage.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Cedrien wrote:

Yes, i believe that the balance damage counts toward the elemental and spiritual damage.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Cedrien wrote:

Hi Cedrein,

Yours is a good question. Nice attention to detail.

Yes, Hydra, Spectral Blast and Chimera are Balance spells and they DO benefit from Balance gear damage and accuracy boost. Those spells originate in Spirit and Elemental magic, but their combinations in Sorcery cause them to function as Balance magic.

Enjoy your Sorcerer. Infinite cosmic power is so much fun :)

Qbb/Rowan Earthsong

Defender
Dec 28, 2009
I was wondering about this a short time ago myself, and so just tested it in battle; yes, these spells do get boosted by Balance boost.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Yes they do, or else they'd be too weak why else do you think chimera can 1500 damage with only about 2 blades?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Cedrien wrote:

My main is a Balance wiz, too- and yes, all 3 spells benefit from the damage boost, because they cast as Balance, despite dealing elemental/spiritual damage. On a side-note: the Spirit tri-blades are finally of use to us!

Cheers,

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Yes they do, or else they'd be too weak why else do you think chimera can 1500 damage with only about 2 blades?
Well, I haven't been able to use or see Chimera in action 'cause it's my first time back in months. But yes, that's exactly why I asked. I was worried Balance would be far too weak if those spells were not affected by the boost. I could have tested it myself with Hydra, but I haven't even started my character yet. This was the determining factor in whether or not I chose Balance. Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2012
Yes it works, but only spectral blast as i am lvl 31 only. i use elemental blade + balanceblade + hex for 800 + damage. Along with mander minion sometimes casting sandstorm, i can kill those rank 5 bosses rather quickly

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
balance v balance what spells is best? I love players who use tower spells and not the 3 different shields on. Hydra and Chimera have done very well against that. Cheating boss that uses alot is funny. My 1st hit is 50% and the other 2 are full power. Anyone balance players out there use the Mutate Swarm card? They have the different worlds post but not the school. Its nice school you are in, you could talk about that school.