Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-25-12

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Getting ready for a 3 day weekend is always hectic! However, I just couldn't resist taking a few moments and popping in for our weekly Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk card packs. We've had the Hoard packs with the super cool mounts, the Lore packs with new spells, not to mention all the other awesome stuff that you can get... what sort of other items would you like to see in these packs?

Have a wonderful, and safe holiday weekend if you're observing - otherwise just have a wonderful and safe regular weekend ::grin::.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
One word, Potions.

Yes that includes transformations, you could even do transformations that can only be gotten from that particular pack.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
What I definitely would need to see in order to buy packs are Magma Peas, the most extremely useful plant in the entire game. The spell idea was kind of bad it and the crafting quest for it is atrocious I will definitely not spend all my reagents and time into that.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
That's a good question, Professor Falmea.

Here are a few of the things that came to my mind:

1. Rare or mutated monsters appearing in existing areas, but only for a wizard who got them in their pack. Such as a Soul Guide among the Lost Souls on Unicorn Way, or a creature wearing different clothes than normal for their type.

2. Being able to advance one of your first generation pets to being a wizard themselves. The pet-wizard counts as one of your six characters, and their school is pre-determined by the pet's school, but they retain their pet talents as innate abilities. Or perhaps, grant those talents to any other, non-pet wizard in the battle circle with them, rather than having them themselves. Personally, I'd just enjoy being able to play as one of my little green cyclopses, trotting at the heels of a larger player.

3. Dual-school spells that count as both schools at the same time (and don't recognize power pips unless the wizard is of one school with a mastery amulet for the other).

4. Extra slots of normally limited types. We've already seen extra castle slots in the bundles, but something like an extra teleport slot (so you can have 2 different locations marked at the same time), extra potion bottle, or extra ring finger might be ideas.

5. Rare, single-visit shopkeepers. Such as being able to call up one of the seasonal shopkeepers out of season.

6. Quest reset cards. One specific quest you've already done resets and can be done over for full rewards. Different cards key to different quests.

7. "Suspend training point" cards, to automatically dispel a specific spell, as long as it's not being cast by a wizard or creature of its' school (who wouldn't have spent a training point to learn it).

8. Cards that can permit the training of a normally school-restricted spell, via advanced crafting techniques. I.e. someone could make a card to learn Puppet Minion, even if they weren't Myth.

Community Leader
I really liked the furniture one that we just had. You got something new in every pack. Would really like more of these kind.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
I think it would be awesome if there was a horde or card pack that contained some of the retired items and pets in it. Or maybe even the things you can only get during the holidays or special events. Another thought would be if maybe you could get a training point out of a card pack. That would be really cool to me.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
I really liked the spells, but increase the usefulness of them if you do them again (which I hope you do). Like maybe higher spells, but make it by level, like every 10 levels gets a lower rank so 80 is the max you could get so far, and please give us life wizards a DoT if you do. We would love a taste of how you fire wizards do things.

Defender
Jul 06, 2010
Oh, oh, how about a chance at one of those new snacks i've seen dropping in Avalon, like the roasted chickpeas and such? I know you have the mega snack pack and such, but a chance for these out of a pack containing so many other things anyway would really be nice. :D

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Professor Falmea wrote:
Getting ready for a 3 day weekend is always hectic! However, I just couldn't resist taking a few moments and popping in for our weekly Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Let's talk card packs. We've had the Hoard packs with the super cool mounts, the Lore packs with new spells, not to mention all the other awesome stuff that you can get... what sort of other items would you like to see in these packs?

Have a wonderful, and safe holiday weekend if you're observing - otherwise just have a wonderful and safe regular weekend ::grin::.

epic rare golden heckhound pet and epic rare heckhound mount
or even a pack full of dolphin pets
or a pack full of dog pets
or a pack full of whale pets and mounts

ok i got lots of ideas i am gonna keep it there so its not going on forever
because i have tons of ideas

hope ya liked my ideas

p.s. i reaaaaaaally want a orca 3 seater mount

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Well, let's see now. Like a previous poster said, Transformations would be a really good idea, but give them an extra half hour duration, and keep them in a Gift Window so we don't have to use them automatically. Another thing would be to bring back the Teleport Tapestries you introduced with the Nightmare Packs. I display my Nightside Tapestries proudly, and have gotten Bazaar and Arena ones as well from Gift Cards. But, it would be fun to have more. I could easily see Commons and Ravenwood Tapestries put in place, and maybe a Shopping District one. Maybe even a World Tree teleporter. But they would be available only to those who had unlocked and, if required, paid for an area. The prompts would not appear to those who had not.

Administrator
Some fantastic ideas, Wizards! Some of these we're already looking into, and the rest, we'll consider for future packs.

New feedback Friday coming up in a moment!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea