Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Error: That area is closed, try again later.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2012
I get this message all the time when going from one area to another. I even get it when I am defeated. What is worse, I then end up gettimg caught by mobs wth only one health. I know it is not because the area is new and must download first. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions please?

Survivor
May 11, 2010
First: What computer are you using? (mac,windows)

Second: Idk

Third: I think this is only happening to you

Defender
May 30, 2010
try logging off restart computer and try again. if not contact support
give them user name (not password) player name(S) and the problem if you can take pictures using prtscreen to show them

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Helios5579 wrote:
I get this message all the time when going from one area to another. I even get it when I am defeated. What is worse, I then end up gettimg caught by mobs wth only one health. I know it is not because the area is new and must download first. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions please?

Most of us get the same error from time to time. Just give it a minute and try again.

1. I would suggest running a cache cleaner and defrag on your computer.

2. Try updating some drivers especially graphics drivers.

3. You may want to check to see if you have a lot of excess programs running in the background. Just don't disable anything from the Processes In Task Manager as this could cause more harm to your computer.

4. Also make sure wizardgraphicalclient.exe is allowed in your Firewall exceptions.

5. There are some Anti-virus programs that also can cause problems with this game. Don't Disable them, but check to see if you can add the game as and exception there as well..

6. If you are hardwired to a DSL router but there is also someone else in your household that is using a laptop on wifi or even another hardwired computer, check to see if they are streaming videos or music. If this is happening, the streaming process pulls more of your internet service than you do on a desktop that is hardwired. It will create some serious lag.

These are all just some suggestions and experiences that I have encounterd in the time that I have been playing Wizard101.

Good luck.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2011
eiop411 wrote:
First: What computer are you using? (mac,windows)

Second: Idk

Third: I think this is only happening to you
Nope its happened to me before when i tried to go into the krokotopia robe shop and it said it