Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just be prepared for anything.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Yes, Darthjt's favorite saying I think, and just thinking about it makes
me confused.....
The more I think about it, I find it to be a paradox, or a puzzle that
cannot be solved.
To be prepared for anything, you need to know everything that could be thrown at you in a PvP battle. How can you be prepared for what you don't know is going to happen? How can you prepare your deck, when you don't know the stratergy that you will face? Everyone just sets their deck up for most situations, and the stratergy they plan on using. This just goes around in circles, and then more circles, until I'm dizzy.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
lol Joe!

Think Joe, but don't over think it. You know what's out there, you know what you can expect. It's like chess, you lead your opponent where you want them to go, then you strike. But you have to control the board and not follow their moves. To follow their moves, or just counter what they do, is not the proper strategy. You need to set the pace, keep them on edge. You should see my friends when they face me, lol, it's too funny.

Just relax and enjoy it, that's the problem, most people are so wound up and nervous. It's just a game. The calmer you are, the more prepared you are, the better you are.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
me confused.....
cannot be solved.
To be prepared for anything, you need to know everything that could be thrown at you in a PvP battle. How can you be prepared for what you don't know is going to happen? How can you prepare your deck, when you don't know the stratergy that you will face? Everyone just sets their deck up for most situations, and the stratergy they plan on using. This just goes around in circles, and then more circles, until I'm dizzy.

Joe.

Being prepared for anything doesn't only mean a perfect deck, but it means a calm mind. If you focus too much on one thing, you lose the other. It's like a balancing scale-
Add some more of this, lose some more of that. Cover everything, get the perfect gear, get the perfect pet you've always wanted, and get prepared, because any strategy can be thrown at you at any moment- Mostly at the unexpected.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Lion359 wrote:
me confused.....
cannot be solved.

Joe.

I've been puzzled by that, there are just so many factors going into play. Fizzles, order of cards drawn, turns, criticals, blocks, schools, strageties, and so much more. How can any mortal ever be able to fit a maximum of what? around 100 cards in one deck that is so perfectly build for anything you wont have to change it when seeing your opponent, it's beyond me, then again thats just me.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
No matter how you set up your deck and no matter how many accounts you have in every school your deck can never be fully prepared for every PvP strategy. Lets face it sometimes yes decks are flexible but the thing is that the strategy is not a complete comeback to your opponents so no matter what theres really nothing you can do to be a perfect PvP'er.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
darthjt wrote:
lol Joe!

Think Joe, but don't over think it. You know what's out there, you know what you can expect. It's like chess, you lead your opponent where you want them to go, then you strike. But you have to control the board and not follow their moves. To follow their moves, or just counter what they do, is not the proper strategy. You need to set the pace, keep them on edge. You should see my friends when they face me, lol, it's too funny.

Just relax and enjoy it, that's the problem, most people are so wound up and nervous. It's just a game. The calmer you are, the more prepared you are, the better you are.

Yeah true but chess is all about skill and stragety, and doesn't depend on a single drop of luck, unlike the factors in pvp. You can't use treasure cards in chess :D.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
AstroStorm wrote:
darthjt wrote:
lol Joe!

Yeah true but chess is all about skill and stragety, and doesn't depend on a single drop of luck, unlike the factors in pvp. You can't use treasure cards in chess :D.

Not sure how you consider treasure cards part of the luck factor. Deck setup, treasure cards, and side decks is all part of a good strategy.

If you stacked your deck to get a royal flush every hand, is that luck?

Now, criticals and critical blocks, those are luck factors. Same thing as wild cards. You just never know when someone will get a royal flush the same time you do with wild cards, they are the luck factor.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
darthjt wrote:
AstroStorm wrote:
darthjt wrote:
lol Joe!

Not sure how you consider treasure cards part of the luck factor. Deck setup, treasure cards, and side decks is all part of a good strategy.

If you stacked your deck to get a royal flush every hand, is that luck?

Now, criticals and critical blocks, those are luck factors. Same thing as wild cards. You just never know when someone will get a royal flush the same time you do with wild cards, they are the luck factor.

Actually the treasure card part was a joke :D.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Well, I agree with both sides of this. Yes, it is impossible to physically prepare for everything. It is very possible, however, to set the kind of battle you'll be having. If an Ice is going first, it will likely be something of a "shield race". The Ice will likely enable a few defenses (Fortify, some Shields, etc) then start tossing around blades. If I am the one fighting the Ice, i'll be doing A: throwing a bunch of shields down and B: desperately looking for Enfeeble and Shatter. If I go first fighting the Ice, however, it will be more along the lines of me trying to slowly burn down the Ice's health (which is something like digging through a vault with a spoon). So, you get the idea of how that works, of how the first spell can decide the tone of a fight. I should have thought of a post like this. Guess i'll have to start a discussion about that cookie and cheese phrase Jt uses in some of his posts......

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
bionaknight wrote:
Well, I agree with both sides of this. Yes, it is impossible to physically prepare for everything. It is very possible, however, to set the kind of battle you'll be having. If an Ice is going first, it will likely be something of a "shield race". The Ice will likely enable a few defenses (Fortify, some Shields, etc) then start tossing around blades. If I am the one fighting the Ice, i'll be doing A: throwing a bunch of shields down and B: desperately looking for Enfeeble and Shatter. If I go first fighting the Ice, however, it will be more along the lines of me trying to slowly burn down the Ice's health (which is something like digging through a vault with a spoon). So, you get the idea of how that works, of how the first spell can decide the tone of a fight. I should have thought of a post like this. Guess i'll have to start a discussion about that cookie and cheese phrase Jt uses in some of his posts......

Sorry about that last post, i hit the submit by mistake, anyways, i feel like most of my pvp battles for like this! The other team or person sees me and start weakness and shielding, it's actually pretty funny. I always try to have an enfeeble ready to use. Cookie and cheese hmm? That doesn't sound like a very good combo to me.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Oh, I was also think of the most important thing to be prepared for, defeat. We as humans must face the fact that lossing is a part of life and the game, you can't win all the time, even the best pvp players have some loses. If you can prepare yourself to take a defeat while having fun with it, you can handle anything. Now i need to work on that.