Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth's new utility spells.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Hello all.

I want to talk a bit about Myth's utility spells.

The spells sound nice, I love their names. I love their concept. but, here are my issues. Issues that ** I ** have, but I am curious to read what others think about them.

Shift: I love the concept. It is GENIOUS! Something unique I have never even thought of, and something that would make Myth stand out more than ever in terms of 'technicality' talents.

However, notice how I used the word "would." If you get the first turn, you can somewhat take advantage of Shift, but, you are missing out on at least one DoT effect. So, you spend 4 pips for the 2 remaining DoT effects. In my opinion, that is a pricy. Especially if the only mob left on the field would be resistant to it's own DoT.

If you get the second turn, you'd have to be a psychic to Shift to where it would work on at least 2 DoTs. If not, you have to spend 4 pips to work with only a single remaining DoT effect. 4 pips for one DoT effect. Let it ring out in your mind. That is ... very ... sad. Especially since the concept of the spell is so flippin' genious.

There is only ONE boss that I can think of where that spell could work wonders. Luska. HOWEVER, due to the aforementioned issues, it remains so impractical to use, I'd end up not using it at all.

Solution: Shift would be a hanging effect, that activates as soon as a DoT attack hits. So, instead of getting a DoT effect, the DoT would automatically be generated on the target from Shift.

Dimensional Shift: Another spell which I think is genious. I can't really think of cleverly practical ways of using it other than the obvious, but, 6 pips? Really? 6 pips?

Now, Celestia, Wintertusk, Zafaria, Avalon. Those worlds are already a nightmare for minion users. Then after summoning a minion, you pay an additional 6 pips just to use the spell. I think that is rather steep.

Now, there is a good possbility that my brain is not grasping the potency of the spell. In which case I would love for you guys to explain it to me. I look forward to any responses that may come my way.

My solution: That spell should be 2 pips. Myth being a natural minion user, Myth should have the natural affinity for minion utility spells.

What you fellow wizards think? Especially Myth, I would love to hear your thoughts on that.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
I like your ideas for the spells, but i have one question about dimension shift . First of all, I never got far with my myth, and it's not my main school, I haven't seen it in action in person, and I haven't been reading a lot of the utility post, so this may sound like a noob question. Can dimension shift be used on an enemy? Somewhere in my mind I'm think no and yet I think it would be pretty cool, don't you?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I see your point on Shift, but consider this:

1.) Fire has a similiar problem using a DoT on offense with Detonate.

2.) Life has the same exact situation when timing Triage.

3.) It works like a weird Power Link (instead of healing, removes some damage of the DoT; while also dealing damage to opponent), which also costs four pips.

So I don't see this spell changing.

I agree with the pip cost on Dimensional Shift, if you are using the spell to give your minion your negative effects. However, to get beneficial spells from your minion (buff and wards) it will take you three rounds anyways. But I too think D Shift is a little high in cost.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
kingurz wrote:

Fire can use Detonate on other players DoT. Be it Storm hound, another fire's dot, snow angel, skeletal dragon, etc. Detonate is far more worth it, although, it would be better for 2 pips rather than 4 pip spell. Detonate should be 1 or 2 pips at max.

Triage is 0 pips and removes the Dot Completely. Can't even see how you are comparing them. Even mass triage for 3 pips, which is 1 pip less than shift, removes all DoT's from all friends. And you want to compare?

3.) It works like a weird Power Link (instead of healing, removes some damage of the DoT; while also dealing damage to opponent), which also costs four pips.

Shift does not heal, as the post also stated, in PvE, enemies resist same school. Even in PvP, it's not all that practical. You should rethink your post before you criticize theirs, because the Op is absolutely correct on this and it needs to be changed.

So I don't see this spell changing.

Yeah, just as no other spell has ever changed in this game?

I agree with the pip cost on Dimensional Shift, if you are using the spell to give your minion your negative effects. However, to get beneficial spells from your minion (buff and wards) it will take you three rounds anyways. But I too think D Shift is a little high in cost.

6 pips is just crazy. Not sure what they were thinking on this one!

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi! I am Myth Wizard 79 lvl and i have same problem as all Myth students.
First of all i can say we got lame spells in compare with mana burn, guardian spirit, i.t.c., they have attack we trade haha.

First problem is if you call minion he is dead or if i should say of no use because enemy can use multi or critical to kill him.

Second problem is that Shift costs 4 pips for same effect as Triage and Triage costs 0 pips problem in problem is that if you know that you will be hit with over time damage spell you use that spell and player repeat same spell you cant use it because it takes from 2 to 4 rounds to be able to cast it and if you use it right you will be able to hit just 2 rounds because it hits you in start of round before casting Shift and after that happens you dont do damage at all because if player is same school as spell he used his resist will save him ( hit points are same as staff attack ).

Third problem is that Dimension Shift that cost 6 pips yes you can trade with minion all his blades, shields, sprites of any minion in game ( but ) there is problem in problem if you manage to call minion and he stay alive and you wait till he puts shields and blades and you put your treasure card blades on him then you use that spell ( but ) there is long time to be killed or minion to be dead. Or there is time when you put blades on him and you need to add one more and minion uses attack bye bye blades are used.

You wanted someone to say something about it and here it is KI left Myth school as joke it seems everyone has cool spells i will just have hope that one day KI will say we did mistake and we will fix it.
( I love been Myth student i love to use this spells and be dead )

Hmm if we are based on myth power where is that monster from Lock Nesa
it is same as that monster from Storm school Levvy, they left out all mythology and dragons are also part of mythology .

This is just my opinion I am Michael Bluebright 79 lvl conjurer see ya around bro 8)

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I am going to assume you didn't understand my post and possibly didn't even read it before posting. So I will explain differently.

darthjt wrote:
Fire can use Detonate on other players DoT. Be it Storm hound, another fire's dot, snow angel, skeletal dragon, etc. Detonate is far more worth it, although, it would be better for 2 pips rather than 4 pip spell. Detonate should be 1 or 2 pips at max.

I know Detonate can be used on other player's DoTs, I have a level 80 Fire wizard. That fact is irrelevant given that Shift cannot do the same thing. I am comparing spell mechanics, not advantages/disadvantages. The point is, just like Shift, Detonate will never consume the whole DoT if casting it on your own DoT. It will either shorten the DoT by one or two rounds only. Same thing with Shift.

darthjt wrote:
Triage is 0 pips and removes the Dot Completely. Can't even see how you are comparing them. Even mass triage for 3 pips, which is 1 pip less than shift, removes all DoT's from all friends. And you want to compare?

Again, just like I explain above with Detonate, the spell mechanics will almost always keep Triage stopping either one or two rounds of a DoT. The only time you can remove all three rounds is 1.) you know it is coming in the case of Luska or 2.) you spam Triage every round until you get lucky.

In both of these topics I brought up, I was replying to this comment by the OP:

"However, notice how I used the word "would." If you get the first turn, you can somewhat take advantage of Shift, but, you are missing out on at least one DoT effect. So, you spend 4 pips for the 2 remaining DoT effects. In my opinion, that is a pricy. Especially if the only mob left on the field would be resistant to it's own DoT."

Merely pointing out that other spells suffer from the same spell mechanics.

darthjt wrote:
Shift does not heal, as the post also stated, in PvE, enemies resist same school. Even in PvP, it's not all that practical. You should rethink your post before you criticize theirs, because the Op is absolutely correct on this and it needs to be changed.

First, I didn't criticize Shiningfantasia's post. Unless offering considerations is now criticizing??????

Second, I am fully aware that Shift does not heal. You didn't read my post when I wrote:

"It works like a weird Power Link (instead of healing, removes some damage of the DoT;"

Removing a DoT offers similiar attributes to healing.....it prevents damage, negating the need to heal.

darthjt wrote:
Yeah, just as no other spell has ever changed in this game?

My comment was that, because there are similiar spell mechanics in the game with other spells, it is unlikely this spell will be changed, unless the others are changed too. I guess I was wrong. Spells only get changed if Darthjt suggest they do.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Hello all.

I want to talk a bit about Myth's utility spells.

The spells sound nice, I love their names. I love their concept. but, here are my issues. Issues that ** I ** have, but I am curious to read what others think about them.

Shift: I love the concept. It is GENIOUS! Something unique I have never even thought of, and something that would make Myth stand out more than ever in terms of 'technicality' talents.

However, notice how I used the word "would." If you get the first turn, you can somewhat take advantage of Shift, but, you are missing out on at least one DoT effect. So, you spend 4 pips for the 2 remaining DoT effects. In my opinion, that is a pricy. Especially if the only mob left on the field would be resistant to it's own DoT.

If you get the second turn, you'd have to be a psychic to Shift to where it would work on at least 2 DoTs. If not, you have to spend 4 pips to work with only a single remaining DoT effect. 4 pips for one DoT effect. Let it ring out in your mind. That is ... very ... sad. Especially since the concept of the spell is so flippin' genious.

There is only ONE boss that I can think of where that spell could work wonders. Luska. HOWEVER, due to the aforementioned issues, it remains so impractical to use, I'd end up not using it at all.

Solution: Shift would be a hanging effect, that activates as soon as a DoT attack hits. So, instead of getting a DoT effect, the DoT would automatically be generated on the target from Shift.

Dimensional Shift: Another spell which I think is genious. I can't really think of cleverly practical ways of using it other than the obvious, but, 6 pips? Really? 6 pips?

Now, Celestia, Wintertusk, Zafaria, Avalon. Those worlds are already a nightmare for minion users. Then after summoning a minion, you pay an additional 6 pips just to use the spell. I think that is rather steep.

Now, there is a good possbility that my brain is not grasping the potency of the spell. In which case I would love for you guys to explain it to me. I look forward to any responses that may come my way.

My solution: That spell should be 2 pips. Myth being a natural minion user, Myth should have the natural affinity for minion utility spells.

What you fellow wizards think? Especially Myth, I would love to hear your thoughts on that.
You know the spell "Shield Minion"? stack it on top of your minion multiple times, and when your in real trouble, use dimension shift and you get all those shields to help out!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
kingurz wrote:

So I don't see this spell changing

You stated King, that you see the point, but don't see this spell changing. You told us to consider these factors, meaning that you must disagree with the post.

I stated simply as fact, Detonate can be used on other peoples DoT, yes, for full effect, since Heck Hound & Storm Hound both dont start initial damage immediately. However, shift, is a self only spell. It will always lose 1 or 2 rounds of a DoT, pending on which DoT spell. Huge difference between these 2 spells and both are 4 pips. Both should be reduced in cost, but as it stands, Detonate has the better value, as it can be used as a helping spell, unlike Shift.

As for triage, I understand that when it is cast, it will still have hit the person, however, again, triage can be used on others, while shift is self only. Also, triage is 0 pips, while Shift is 4 pips. Huge difference for you saying they are a lot alike.

Yes, once you cast shift, you are no longer taking damage from that DoT, but for 4 pips, which, to most, is a Satyr for 1200 health, is it really worth it? There are very few instances where this might come in handy, but at the cost of 4 pips?

I agree with the Op entirely on this, either make it a ward or change the pip cost. If enough people complain on the spell, it can change. Most PvP whiners are complaining about Guardian spirit at the moment, leaving this spell neglected so far. Most have a 1 track mind, try and get this changed then try and fix the others. Sorry, but I have a list of spells that should be changed.

A little high in pip cost? That is an understatement. For the cost of 6 pips, Myth should take all Shields, Blades, Fully heal, & get a new minion. Yes, that is a bit of an overexaggeration, but still, 6 pips? What, myth didn't need a new spell, so they came up with something that will never be used in it's whole exsistance? I have the spell, I can't even tell you if it works or not, as I have never needed to ever use it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:
You stated King, that you see the point, but don't see this spell changing. You told us to consider these factors, meaning that you must disagree with the post.

I don't disagree with the post. Please do not assume or speak for me. If I disagree with a post; I've had no issues in the past with telling an OP that I disagree. Is it not possible to agree with a OP, but also convey my feelings that I think the spell is unlikely to change, because unless other spells are going to change this one won't either???

And there are certainly other spells that I personally think that should be fixed, well before Shift ever gets a relook. Since although not optimal, still a viable spell at 4 pips.

darthjt wrote:
I stated simply as fact, Detonate can be used on other peoples DoT, yes, for full effect, since Heck Hound & Storm Hound both dont start initial damage immediately. However, shift, is a self only spell. It will always lose 1 or 2 rounds of a DoT, pending on which DoT spell. Huge difference between these 2 spells and both are 4 pips. Both should be reduced in cost, but as it stands, Detonate has the better value, as it can be used as a helping spell, unlike Shift.

I know you stated fact. Completely irrelevant in my thread to Shiningfantasia, but if you insist on adding more and more about advantages and disadvantages, be my guest. However, I'm talking spell mechanics in comparisons of how Detonate and Shift both don't take full advantages of the DoT, because of timing. Nothing to do with casting on other's DoTs or which one is better.

darthjt wrote:
As for triage, I understand that when it is cast, it will still have hit the person, however, again, triage can be used on others, while shift is self only. Also, triage is 0 pips, while Shift is 4 pips. Huge difference for you saying they are a lot alike.

Incredible. I have stated twice now about what I'm talking about (spell mechanics of not using the full (or taking away) the DoT, yet you continue to add in things like pip cost and who you can cast the spell on???? I'm not discussing if Triage or Shift is a better spell. Please don't reply, if your not going to read the post I'm writing.

Oh, and since we are adding facts, Triage has a green border and Shift has a yellow border. Triage is a level 35, Shift is level 72.

darthjt wrote:
Yes, once you cast shift, you are no longer taking damage from that DoT, but for 4 pips, which, to most, is a Satyr for 1200 health, is it really worth it? There are very few instances where this might come in handy, but at the cost of 4 pips?

Now we are comparing Shift to Satyr??? Did I miss something?

Look, with Power Link I just tried to use a Metaphor. Shift removes a DoT and gives your opponent a DoT. Power Link gives your opponent a DoT and gives you a HoT. I didn't think it was going to be that complicated to understand. It was just merely a consideration of possibly why KI originally put this spell at 4 pips (because Power Link is 4 pips). Not that I agree with that cost, but can understand the thinking behind it.

Just because a spell isn't handy, doesn't automatically mean it will get changed (cough, PowerPlay, cough)

darthjt wrote:
I agree with the Op entirely on this.....Sorry, but I have a list of spells that should be changed.

I'm sure you do and if anyone disagrees with your list, they just aren't thinking fourth dimensionally, right?

darthjt wrote:
A little high in pip cost? That is an understatement. For the cost of 6 pips, Myth should take all Shields, Blades, Fully heal, & get a new minion. Yes, that is a bit of an overexaggeration, but still, 6 pips? What, myth didn't need a new spell, so they came up with something that will never be used in it's whole exsistance? I have the spell, I can't even tell you if it works or not, as I have never needed to ever use it.

Dimension Shift was originally 3 pips in the test realm. For some reason, KI decided that 3 pips was too low. So to think that KI will lower below 3 pips is wishful thinking. I would prefer four pips, if it gets the spell out of the 6 pip realm.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Yea, Dimension Shift works exactly like the card says. It actually has a very neat looking graphic.

I had used the spell for the heck of it when I did have Talos out on some boss fights.

As was mentioned by a poster, I had already realized that you could really take advantage of minion shields and minion blades with Dimension Shift. But I honestly don't carry those cards because if I don't have a minion to use those cards on, they become 'dead cards' in my deck. If you know what I mean.

Also, if you have a lot of shields and blades to transfer with D. Shift, it will take a good long while before the spell even ends, giving you a pretty good show.

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks the way I do about these spells. Thank you, every one of you.