Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Utility Spells

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 20, 2009
Just some ideas for new utility spells for the next update:

Name: Engulf
School: Fire
Accuracy: 100%
Type: Manipulation
Effect: Damage Over Time spell lasts one more round
Animation: DoT ticker (the thing that circles your feet) glows and text appears "+1 Round Damage"
Level: 14

Name: Vitality
School: Life
Effect: Heal Over Time spell lasts one more round
Animation: Same as Engulf except text reads "+1 Round Heal"

Name: Equilibrium (Equalize?)
School: Balance
Accuracy: 75%
Effect: Everyone loses all pips then everyone gains 3 pips. (Allies and Enemies)
Animation: Pips glow blue and disappear, then a large pip appears in the center of the ring and text appears "+3 pips"
Level: 80

Name: Invigorate
School: Sun
Type: Enchantment
Effect: +1 round to next Aura spell
Animation: None.
Level: 82

Name: Revenge
School: Death
Accuracy: 85%
Type: Charm/Damage
Effect: Target gains a charm that gives them +20% damage for 3 rounds. After those 3 rounds, the charm activates and deals 870 Death Damage to the target.
Animation: Black charm with a white skull on it (Black Mantle design) appears on target. When the charm activates, a red light covers the target's spot in the circle, dealing the damage.
Level: 85

Any comments/changes? New ideas?
- Valerian DarkBringer- Transcendent Necromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Zeruel85 wrote:
Name: Engulf
School: Fire
Effect: Damage Over Time spell lasts one more round
Animation: DoT ticker (the thing that circles your feet) glows and text appears "+1 Round Damage"

This is good for a 1 pip spell.

Name: Vitality
School: Life
Effect: Heal Over Time spell lasts one more round
Animation: Same as Engulf except text reads "+1 Round Heal"

Again, good for a 1 pip spell.

Name: Equilibrium (Equalize?)
School: Balance
Accuracy: 75%
Effect: Everyone loses all pips then everyone gains 3 pips. (Allies and Enemies)
Animation: Pips glow blue and disappear, then a large pip appears in the center of the ring and text appears "+3 pips"
Level: 80

I'm not sure how useful this would actually be in battle. I can see some benefit to having this spell, but I don't know.

Name: Invigorate
School: Sun
Type: Enchantment
Effect: +1 round to next Aura spell
Animation: None.
Level: 82

I like this spell.

Name: Revenge
School: Death
Accuracy: 85%
Type: Charm/Damage
Effect: Target gains a charm that gives them +20% damage for 3 rounds. After those 3 rounds, the charm activates and deals 870 Death Damage to the target.
Animation: Black charm with a white skull on it (Black Mantle design) appears on target. When the charm activates, a red light covers the target's spot in the circle, dealing the damage.
Level: 85

Not fond of this spell. It's confusing and seems like a knock-off of Dark Pact.

General Comments: I like most of them individually, but it's kinda annoying that this is just a list of random ideas. Usually people submit ideas by ranks; they're all in a rank that doesn't have spells for it yet. Here, there are 2 spells you get at really low levels and the rest you get at really high levels. Also, where are the other schools? Where are the other Astral magic categories? Usually people think of an idea for all the schools and magics, not just a few.