Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana Burn bug(s)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
I've noticed several bugs when casting Mana Burn. In one case, after I casted it, the three pips seemed to go away momentarily, but at the beginning of the next round, they returned.

Just now something happened not inconsistent with my first bug. I was battling two red caps. the one in the 2nd position had been defeated for several turns and was gone. when I cast the Mana Burn on the remaining red cap, he lost no pip and no health, but in the 2nd position, which was empty, three pips showed up and stayed there until the end of the battle when I defeated the final red cap.

Most strange and definitely a bug.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2010
yeah, ki has to fix this spell really. they did mention they are looking at it spell wise and pvp wise, but no answer yet nor solutions. and here, you state even more problems to it...man, i am getting bored of this, ki please fix it already, please!

p.s. thnx for posting other problems to the spell, ki would fix all at once this way.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2011
Having stated that my original reported bug was in error, I now want to unequivocally report another really obvious problem with this spell.

I was first in the round to cast a spell. The creature had 3 power pips, and I cast the Mana Burn spell. It properly did the expected damage to the creature based on its 3 power pips and it properly removed the three pips.

Then it was the creature's turn to cast the spell it had selected at the beginning of the round. It had no pip at all, but it cast a Kraken anyway. Yet, at the time it cast the spell, it didn't have enough pips to cast any spell that required more than no pip at all.

If this is the way the spell is intended to work, then removing three pips is advantageous only if the creature passes that round. It makes the spell practically worthless.

If the creature has selected to cast a spell but does not have enough pips at the time it casts, the spell selected should Fizzle as far as I'm concerned.