Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New face?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
So I've been thinking KI (Wizard101) Should give us one more chance to change our face, Because I am regretting how I look for months now D: and I know at least 8 friends who regret it to, it would be an amazing oppertunity and it would make the game more enjoyable? Am i Right? :D

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
bronox wrote:
So I've been thinking KI (Wizard101) Should give us one more chance to change our face, Because I am regretting how I look for months now D: and I know at least 8 friends who regret it to, it would be an amazing oppertunity and it would make the game more enjoyable? Am i Right? :D

I agree I've been hoping for a while now that I couled get at least 1 free face/starter robe, name change and a free training point buy back(yes I was stupid with some of mine.), any one agrey

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
bronox wrote:

From what I understand, over reading replies to dozens of posts on this subject, this isn't likely to happen because KI considers this some kind of thing that could lead to character identity theft. That makes no sense to me, but that's me. :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
There are a few reasons KI is not planning on doing this.

One is that it will eventually cause a data overload on the servers due to the fact that players would keep changing their wizards once they got tired of their current appearance.

Another is, that the wizard you originally created is what is stored until you delete it. There have been instances (which I have experienced) where due to a glitch, one of your wizards is not available in the character page. KI can find it as long as the wizard is as it was created to begin with. If a wizard undergoes many facial and hair changes, it makes it even harder to impossible for them to restore the wizard as it was with everything that wizard has.

KI is trying to prevent a lot of problems by limiting what can be done to the original creation once it is in gameplay.... The only way any of these kind of changes can be done is by creating a new wizard.

Maybe what everyone needs to do that is looking for something in the way of character changes, is to request KI to add more facial and hair styles to the creation page.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
There are a few reasons KI is not planning on doing this.

One is that it will eventually cause a data overload on the servers due to the fact that players would keep changing their wizards once they got tired of their current appearance.

Another is, that the wizard you originally created is what is stored until you delete it. There have been instances (which I have experienced) where due to a glitch, one of your wizards is not available in the character page. KI can find it as long as the wizard is as it was created to begin with. If a wizard undergoes many facial and hair changes, it makes it even harder to impossible for them to restore the wizard as it was with everything that wizard has.

KI is trying to prevent a lot of problems by limiting what can be done to the original creation once it is in gameplay.... The only way any of these kind of changes can be done is by creating a new wizard.

Maybe what everyone needs to do that is looking for something in the way of character changes, is to request KI to add more facial and hair styles to the creation page.

Ahh, now that makes sense! :)